Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread - Page 143

post #2131 of 2144
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJScope View Post
 

 

I find that hard to believe. Check out this tear down: http://www.mcfrede.dk/projects/takstar_hi_2050_pro_80_design_review/takstar_hi_2050_pro_80_design_review_01.shtml

 

The 2 are identical except for the grille and dampening.

the headband is different on these two in construction and design... he isn't comparing headbands

 

just look at these two photos:

 

the pro80 imo has the nicer looking headband imo, but I am pretty sure it is also slightly shorter. The comarison is simple, owned the 2050 for 8 months before I sold it and got the pro 80 for practical reasons, my ear snips (or whatever, lowest part of ear) never touched the pad of the 2050s but it touches the pad of the pro 80s.

 

Its not like there is much space for a pacebo effect, it could well have to do with qc and where the stopper for the extension is placed but I highly doubt it since I have had two different pairs of pro 80s on my head and they both were ever so slightly too small while the 2050 had a touch of space to play with.

post #2132 of 2144
I think the difference is the pads. The Pro 80 has pleather pads and 2050 has velour. The thickness of the foam may be different making your ear lobes touch the inner padding. But for the headband the only difference is the actual design of the material around it. The actual steel headband is identical. I've actually even looked at the DT770 steel band it is also pretty much the exact same thing.
post #2133 of 2144

got the headphones :D

I think they fit better then the HI2050, with the 2050 i felt the cloth touching my ears (the thin cloth covering the driver). got the new version, can't compare to the old one but sound wise I think they are a little bit darker then the 2050 and like the 2050 to bassy for my taste.

one problem, I am using a ****ty on board sound card  and getting a lot of static noise (both laptop and desktop), mostly when using input devices (mouse, keyboard, mic). They are way more sensitive to it then my old cheap headphones. next purchase is a sound card, at list for the desktop...

post #2134 of 2144
Quote:
Originally Posted by noamsim View Post
 

got the headphones :D

I think they fit better then the HI2050, with the 2050 i felt the cloth touching my ears (the thin cloth covering the driver). got the new version, can't compare to the old one but sound wise I think they are a little bit darker then the 2050 and like the 2050 to bassy for my taste.

one problem, I am using a ****ty on board sound card  and getting a lot of static noise (both laptop and desktop), mostly when using input devices (mouse, keyboard, mic). They are way more sensitive to it then my old cheap headphones. next purchase is a sound card, at list for the desktop...

 

I feel your pain. This is exactly why I bought a FiiO E17. The reason why I went with a potable amp/DAC was because I can use it at home, at work and on the go with my phone. 

 

@robakri & @noamsim i think what you guys need are the HM5 pads. This will fix your "touching the ear" problem.

post #2135 of 2144
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJScope View Post
 

 

I feel your pain. This is exactly why I bought a FiiO E17. The reason why I went with a potable amp/DAC was because I can use it at home, at work and on the go with my phone. 

 

@robakri & @noamsim i think what you guys need are the HM5 pads. This will fix your "touching the ear" problem.

I already have the HM5 pads on my pair. Like I said, it can well be that the stopper for my 2050 was just in a slightly higher position, you can see the plastic part I'm talking about in the teardown link you posted.

 

With the hm5s the pro80s have wonderful comfort, I wasn't complaining, I was just saying my 2050s were larger, I could get away with not fully extending them even, while the pro80s I would like them to extend a touch further. I don't have them for side by side comparison so it really doesn't matter - so let's just move on :)

post #2136 of 2144
Quote:
Originally Posted by robakri View Post
 

I already have the HM5 pads on my pair. Like I said, it can well be that the stopper for my 2050 was just in a slightly higher position, you can see the plastic part I'm talking about in the teardown link you posted.

 

With the hm5s the pro80s have wonderful comfort, I wasn't complaining, I was just saying my 2050s were larger, I could get away with not fully extending them even, while the pro80s I would like them to extend a touch further. I don't have them for side by side comparison so it really doesn't matter - so let's just move on :)

 

No worries mate. I have a small head so the Pro 80 is perfectly sized for me. :D It's a good and bad thing. One thing for sure, I'll never be able to own the HE-500 because they're just waaayyyy too big for my head. LOL 

post #2137 of 2144

well, I found the 2050 for 25$ shipped, but im guessing there are fakes out there for the takstar also.  Took a chance at that price, hopefully its the real 2050.

post #2138 of 2144
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikp View Post
 

well, I found the 2050 for 25$ shipped, but im guessing there are fakes out there for the takstar also.  Took a chance at that price, hopefully its the real 2050.

 

Highly doubt that there are fakes of something already so cheap. Show us the link.


Edited by DJScope - Today at 5:50 am
post #2139 of 2144
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJScope View Post
 

 

Highly doubt that there are fake of something already so cheap. Show us the link.

 

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TAKSTAR-HI2050-Stereo-DJ-Monitor-Open-Dynamic-Music-Headset-hi-2050-For-PC-Audio-In-Stock/1845545985.html

 

the hd5500 are fine, but a little small earbuds. Not so comfortable over longer period.

post #2140 of 2144
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikp View Post
 

 

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TAKSTAR-HI2050-Stereo-DJ-Monitor-Open-Dynamic-Music-Headset-hi-2050-For-PC-Audio-In-Stock/1845545985.html

 

the hd5500 are fine, but a little small earbuds. Not so comfortable over longer period.

 

They look like the real deal. But you don't get the protective case. That's the only difference.

post #2141 of 2144

i don't have a problem with the pro 80 pads, i did have a problem with the 2050. i will probably buy the HM5 pads in the future, can also help with the bass.

this on the other hand is just bad luck, the curve on the right ear is not the same as on the left. don't effect comfort or fit, just doesn't look right =S

 

i think i someone else had the same problem with the pro 80, but i am just going to get over it, they are comfy and sound great.

edit: my father bent the metal and fixed it (looks like the problem is the joint right before the T split), could be from shipping or just "made in china".


Edited by noamsim - Today at 6:43 am
post #2142 of 2144
Never thought I would here anyone say these have too much bass. Consider me speechless.
post #2143 of 2144

lol, my brother tried them and also found the bass to be overwhelming. he also was very happy to hear the bass didn't effect the rest of the frequency range that bad so we only reduced the bass with EQ. coming to the PRO 80 from bass light headphones is not easy.

post #2144 of 2144
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJScope View Post
 

 

No worries mate. I have a small head so the Pro 80 is perfectly sized for me. :D It's a good and bad thing. One thing for sure, I'll never be able to own the HE-500 because they're just waaayyyy too big for my head. LOL 

Mentioning HE-500, they are so soundwise similar to Pro80 (to me)... (techinically they are much better, but for just music listening..., however it seems like HE500 have fixed problems of Pro80, especially the closeness).

- more mid emphasis on Pro80, little bit of thonk compared to HE500 which kind of seem to be just a (very)little bit colorless

- more fluid bass (with more midbass) on the Pro80 (heard some Trance/Dance/Progressive tracks and would not call that an upgrade)

- highs is a little bit diffrent, on small volums on Pro80 I feel there are neutral, with more volumn they comence to be overdone, he500 is (also very)little bit bright

PS: actually the golden-ears chart seems to agree; and you cannot run the HE500 from phone :(


Edited by xdog - Today at 11:02 am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread