Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread - Page 112

post #1666 of 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post


Yes they're very good for those genres. Wacking on some HM5 pads improved isolation and comfort also

One more question: is there any benefit in using amplifier with these headphones or is alc889 enough? They are 60 ohms.

post #1667 of 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric Moor View Post
 

I bought a pair of Pro80 as gift for my wife in bundle with the X3,  I'm surprised how they sound good. Then I bought a pair of 2050 fo me, really confortable headphones but they can't be compared. I heard they share drivers but honestly I prefer Pro80 as sound quality.


pro80 really is absolutely better than hi2050? In what requisites?

post #1668 of 2157
I had the impression of a more detailed sound and a better bass with Pro80.


Inviato da mio iPhone usando Tapatalk 2
post #1669 of 2157

Will grado sr60i be an open hp compliment the takstar pro80? will i get clearer and more detailed mids even just slightly?


Edited by bravobs - 3/14/14 at 5:21am
post #1670 of 2157
Are the hd 6000 comfortable? And do they have a better soundstage over the hd 5500?
post #1671 of 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravobs View Post

Will grado sr60i be an open hp compliment the takstar pro80? will i get clearer and more detailed mids even just slightly?

Very different presentation from Pro 80 and grado sr60i. Grado SR60i has more forward sounding and it doesn't has the layering and imaging as good as pro 80. Just for live music, feels more open with sr60i. The rest (resolution, imaging, layering, etc *especially bass*) better on Pro 80.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiculus View Post

pro80 really is absolutely better than hi2050? In what requisites?

In what requisites? All biggrin.gif.
post #1672 of 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massacare View Post

In what requisites? All biggrin.gif.

you had experience with both?

post #1673 of 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiculus View Post

you had experience with both?

I have almost all takstar's headphone biggrin.gif (literally, all. Some of them are utterly ugly either in sound of shape, some are good biggrin.gif) . Except for the new one (still haven't heard the HD5500 frown.gif ).
post #1674 of 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massacare View Post


I have almost all takstar's headphone biggrin.gif (literally, all. Some of them are utterly ugly either in sound of shape, some are good biggrin.gif) . Except for the new one (still haven't heard the HD5500 frown.gif ).
 
 
 
then you definitely recommends the pro 80 instead of 2050? usually people say they are very similar
post #1675 of 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiculus View Post

then you definitely recommends the pro 80 instead of 2050? usually people say they are very similar

Yes. No, they are not similar in any way -_-. Definitely no. Resolution is far better on Pro 80.
post #1676 of 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiculus View Post
 
 
 
 
then you definitely recommends the pro 80 instead of 2050? usually people say they are very similar


It's almost unanimous that the pro80 is the better headphone. so get the pro 80 if the budget allows.

post #1677 of 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massacare View Post


Very different presentation from Pro 80 and grado sr60i. Grado SR60i has more forward sounding and it doesn't has the layering and imaging as good as pro 80. Just for live music, feels more open with sr60i. The rest (resolution, imaging, layering, etc *especially bass*) better on Pro 80.
 

Thanks massacre. If you can, can you recommend me an open headphone that has better mids resolution than pro80 that's below 100$? if you cant think of any, that's okay.

post #1678 of 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massacare View Post


Yes. No, they are not similar in any way -_-. Definitely no. Resolution is far better on Pro 80.

hi2050 earns only comfort?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravobs View Post
 


It's almost unanimous that the pro80 is the better headphone. so get the pro 80 if the budget allows.

A difference price which i found is 15$ (hi2050 60$ and pro 80 75$) compensates?

post #1679 of 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravobs View Post

Thanks massacre. If you can, can you recommend me an open headphone that has better mids resolution than pro80 that's below 100$? if you cant think of any, that's okay.

If you're asking from the same brand, then I'll recommend Takstar TS-671. Awesome in mid, very wide staging (literally super wide, one of the best under US$100), but has a bit weak bass. Last time I try them with WA7, and it sounds awesome. People should give more attention to this headphone. Very awesome gem under US$100.
post #1680 of 2157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiculus View Post
 

A difference price which i found is 15$ (hi2050 60$ and pro 80 75$) compensates?

That's a good price, plus you'll get a case for the pro80 which is nice. again, if it fits your budget, get the pro80, because some of us say that it is the better sounding one. if you need that extra $15 for something else, then get the hi2050.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread