Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qped Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qped Thread - Page 32

post #466 of 2265

Hello Takstar owners, I am the Birdman, actually an member of OCN but I frequent head fi quite often too :) I am in the market for a new set of headphones and leaning towards Takstar Hi 2050, so had a lot of things I wanted to ask. beyersmile.png

 

I actually have a set of Takstar TS800's so I know they make good products, but unfortunately my ones left can has broken and come off, probably too much traveling stress with the headphones, but it has served me very well and looks like its beyond repair now, so time to get a new set of cans. So I have been reading this thread and many others on the internet and it seems the Takstar's have a growing cult following and the Takstar Hi 2050 are supposed to be a really nice set that sits something in between the Beyers DT880 and DT990. Then Again I have heard a few bad things such as this...."Out of the box we have a baby DT990 , after 150 hours however, Takstar lose that ala DT990 bass, acting more like a baby DT880 (32ohm version)." eek.gif


A few things I want in my headphones is

1. Long Cable (around 15foot or more)

2. a Volume Control Dial Thinggy I can Lower Higher the Volume at ease.

I guess since I am good with a soldering iron I could get either the Hi2050 or Pro80's and solider the Volume Controller from my TS800 on to my Hi2050 or what do you use? Any good after market inline volume controllers that would look professional?

 

 

Anyway for publicly watching Porn, I am thinking about choosing Between the Hi 2050's and the Pro80's. biggrin.gif Okay Okay, maybe not porn but you know privately listening to my stuff and what not. I want them for music and movies mostly. I am not a hiphop rap music guy, I do listen to that once in a while but mostly listen to Jazz and other stuff more like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X90dyIjZXw, also rock, metal and other stuff through the 50 - 80's. Hope that gives you an idea. So anyway I am not clear how much noise is leaked from Hi 2050 so if that is a minus I may chose the Pro80. What I hate the most about the Pro80 is the "teliphone cord" like spiral cord design that will cause a constant pull, thats annoying. So I am thinking about Getting the Hi 2050, adding a volume Controller, Then Sleeving it in some Paracord from ebay(anybody know what size I need?) and a golden 3.5mm connector.

 

I Also dont like the idea of a 2m + 2m extension, I want to add a full 4 - 5m wire without extensions, Does the thickness of the cable matter? I guess thicker cable is better for longer distance? in that case do I have to make my own cable out of networking cable or can I get real good thick proper PVC coated round stuff off ebay redy to be soldered? I do have plenty of thick speaker wire at home however I think they will be too thick and wont look pro even when sleeved with paracord, so I want something that looks OEM black corded with thick wiring inside. My TS800's cable is actually 15 foot long but the internal cables are pretty thin, not as thick as what I saw they used in Hi 2050's.
 

 

I would also like to Mod the Hi 2050, Not sure what exactly I am supposed to do? Do I open the cans up and stuff say medical grade cotton in there or something? What Improvements can be made? Some resources would help. Thanks

 


Edited by Birdman74 - 1/17/13 at 3:27am
post #467 of 2265
Just received my Takstar Pro80 today. I was going to wait to post a full review later, but I have to say that for the 30 minutes I've listened to them, they absolutely do not disappoint. smily_headphones1.gif I went in with high expectations, and these met them. Paid 80 bucks, worth every dollar. Stay tuned for pics and review from me soon!

-BiggBenn
post #468 of 2265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman74 View Post

Hello Takstar owners, I am the Birdman, actually an member of OCN but I frequent head fi quite often too :) I am in the market for a new set of headphones and leaning towards Takstar Hi 2050, so had a lot of things I wanted to ask. beyersmile.png

 

I actually have a set of Takstar TS800's so I know they make good products, but unfortunately my ones left can has broken and come off, probably too much traveling stress with the headphones, but it has served me very well and looks like its beyond repair now, so time to get a new set of cans. So I have been reading this thread and many others on the internet and it seems the Takstar's have a growing cult following and the Takstar Hi 2050 are supposed to be a really nice set that sits something in between the Beyers DT880 and DT990. Then Again I have heard a few bad things such as this...."Out of the box we have a baby DT990 , after 150 hours however, Takstar lose that ala DT990 bass, acting more like a baby DT880 (32ohm version)." eek.gif


A few things I want in my headphones is

1. Long Cable (around 15foot or more)

2. a Volume Control Dial Thinggy I can Lower Higher the Volume at ease.

I guess since I am good with a soldering iron I could get either the Hi2050 or Pro80's and solider the Volume Controller from my TS800 on to my Hi2050 or what do you use? Any good after market inline volume controllers that would look professional?

 

 

Anyway for publicly watching Porn, I am thinking about choosing Between the Hi 2050's and the Pro80's. biggrin.gif Okay Okay, maybe not porn but you know privately listening to my stuff and what not. I want them for music and movies mostly. I am not a hiphop rap music guy, I do listen to that once in a while but mostly listen to Jazz and other stuff more like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X90dyIjZXw, also rock, metal and other stuff through the 50 - 80's. Hope that gives you an idea. So anyway I am not clear how much noise is leaked from Hi 2050 so if that is a minus I may chose the Pro80. What I hate the most about the Pro80 is the "teliphone cord" like spiral cord design that will cause a constant pull, thats annoying. So I am thinking about Getting the Hi 2050, adding a volume Controller, Then Sleeving it in some Paracord from ebay(anybody know what size I need?) and a golden 3.5mm connector.

 

I Also dont like the idea of a 2m + 2m extension, I want to add a full 4 - 5m wire without extensions, Does the thickness of the cable matter? I guess thicker cable is better for longer distance? in that case do I have to make my own cable out of networking cable or can I get real good thick proper PVC coated round stuff off ebay redy to be soldered? I do have plenty of thick speaker wire at home however I think they will be too thick and wont look pro even when sleeved with paracord, so I want something that looks OEM black corded with thick wiring inside. My TS800's cable is actually 15 foot long but the internal cables are pretty thin, not as thick as what I saw they used in Hi 2050's.
 

 

I would also like to Mod the Hi 2050, Not sure what exactly I am supposed to do? Do I open the cans up and stuff say medical grade cotton in there or something? What Improvements can be made? Some resources would help. Thanks

 

 

They have a 3 meter long Cable, foot I do not know as we european have not used that one in a looong time, but guess it would be 9-10 feet..

 

No volumecontrol on the cable and not a solution I would chose, turn the dial on your amp instead.

 

They do change a lot with burn-in, To me it is quite much, more than "normal", but they have only gotten better over time to my ears..

 

I have yet to mod mine, I have changed cable on the pro80 and put better pads on both, I would say that the Pro80 holds a greater potential for modding, Hi2050 is quite well dampend from the factory so I suspect that the gain would be greater with the pro80..

 

Beginning to discuss cable thickness on a headphone is a bit far out, use the cable you have or get something cheap, getting a fine audio cable would very fast end up costing more than the phones itself..

Also the thickness of the cable is indifferent on headphones, there are so few Amps runnng though that cable that a wire with a thickness of a hair would be enough to handle the power..

 

The quality of cables is not something I wish to discuss, it often ends out in namecalling and other unpleasent things, so if you are a believer go for it if not save your money..


Edited by Claus-DK - 1/17/13 at 4:18pm
post #469 of 2265
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggbenn74 View Post

Just received my Takstar Pro80 today. I was going to wait to post a full review later, but I have to say that for the 30 minutes I've listened to them, they absolutely do not disappoint. smily_headphones1.gif I went in with high expectations, and these met them. Paid 80 bucks, worth every dollar. Stay tuned for pics and review from me soon!

-BiggBenn

Looking forward to reading that, will you post a link to it here ?? Otherwise I will probably never see it.. .. .. ..

 

You need to let them play for about 100-150 hours before you pass judgement, those BIG drivers need a lot of exercise before they get in shape..

post #470 of 2265

I've been a lurker of Head-fi now for about a year. This site has showed me some amazing deals. Most recently the Ele-Dac, the MH1c, and a few other amazing items for the price. I've mostly been a IEM guy for awhile, but wanted to get a set of phones for home use. My buddy gave me his old HD555's and they sound pretty good, but after reading this thread I was completely intrigued by the Takstars. I ordered the HI2050's off Aliexpress a week ago and recieved them. Out of the box I am COMPLETELY blown away, to the point I had to make this post. I can't believe I only payed 54 bucks for these including shipping. They just sound so damn good.

 

I just had to thank the posters in this thread for thier impressions, these things are truly amazing for the price. I am a very happy camper! I can't wait to try these with some games.

post #471 of 2265

I am wondering if I should get the Hi 2050 or the Pro80? Why di you get the Pro80 over the Hi 2050?

 

Do you plan to mod and recable and mod yours? I Hope it doesn't become like what the other owner said about them that "Out of the box we have a baby DT990 , after 150 hours however, Takstar lose that ala DT990 bass, acting more like a baby DT880 (32ohm version)." How do you compare the two with say any mainstream headphones such as beyers? some say the Hi 2050 is better they beyers DT880 and others say its almost as good or not as good sounding. And then hows the Pro80? I know they use the same internals. but the Pro is closed so no sound leaking and the pads are leather and are supposed to be more comfortable? having difficulty choosing between the two.

 

 

Looking forward to hearing back from claus or purpleangel. They seem to know everything about these and other headphones, although it seems purpleangel no longer considers the Hi 2050 to be equal or better then DT880 like once he said it was actually quite better.

 

Maybe I will just message them and divert their attention here and see what they have to say smily_headphones1.gif

post #472 of 2265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoe69 View Post

I've been a lurker of Head-fi now for about a year. This site has showed me some amazing deals. Most recently the Ele-Dac, the MH1c, and a few other amazing items for the price. I've mostly been a IEM guy for awhile, but wanted to get a set of phones for home use. My buddy gave me his old HD555's and they sound pretty good, but after reading this thread I was completely intrigued by the Takstars. I ordered the HI2050's off Aliexpress a week ago and recieved them. Out of the box I am COMPLETELY blown away, to the point I had to make this post. I can't believe I only payed 54 bucks for these including shipping. They just sound so damn good.

 

I just had to thank the posters in this thread for thier impressions, these things are truly amazing for the price. I am a very happy camper! I can't wait to try these with some games.

 

Welcome to head-fi sorry about your vallet..

 

They do get better over time, give the the mandatory 100-150 hours, then you will truky get blown away..

 

I have had my pair for almost 2 years now, I have been buying tons of el cheapo phones over the years (one of my stranger hobbies) and will say that the Hi2050 walks all over most of the other "giant killers", don´t get me wrong there are a lot of very good and cheap phones outthere, but they do not get close to the buildquality and feel of the Hi2050, some of them sounds just as good, a very few of them better, but none of them has the build that these does, the others look and feel cheap, but not the Takstars..

 

I got some very nice phones in my home and quite a lot of phones, but after 2 years I still go back to these 50$ phones, that is not normal to me, normally I buy the cheap phones listen to them a couple of weeks or months, some just a couple of seconds and then I put them in the "museum" or "mens room" whatever you prefer to call it LOL.

But the Takstar just stays in my living room and have thousands of hours on them and I still enjoy them very much and quite often..

 

Could be fun balancing a pair and see what that would do to these phones beyersmile.png 

post #473 of 2265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman74 View Post

I am wondering if I should get the Hi 2050 or the Pro80? Why di you get the Pro80 over the Hi 2050?

 

Do you plan to mod and recable and mod yours? I Hope it doesn't become like what the other owner said about them that "Out of the box we have a baby DT990 , after 150 hours however, Takstar lose that ala DT990 bass, acting more like a baby DT880 (32ohm version)." How do you compare the two with say any mainstream headphones such as beyers? some say the Hi 2050 is better they beyers DT880 and others say its almost as good or not as good sounding. And then hows the Pro80? I know they use the same internals. but the Pro is closed so no sound leaking and the pads are leather and are supposed to be more comfortable? having difficulty choosing between the two.

 

 

Looking forward to hearing back from claus or purpleangel. They seem to know everything about these and other headphones, although it seems purpleangel no longer considers the Hi 2050 to be equal or better then DT880 like once he said it was actually quite better.

 

Maybe I will just message them and divert their attention here and see what they have to say smily_headphones1.gif

 

Stay calm all will be revealed..

 

I did not choose the Pro80 over the 2050, I chose both..

I liked the 2050 so much I went out and bought the 6 most expensive models of Takstar.

 

Have you listened to a pair of DT990 and/or DT880 ??

I got the DT880 but it is a long time since I listened to a pair of 990 and how does a "babyversion" sound ??

 

If it is better or worse than the 880 is a matter of taste, technically they are quite equal, build the Beyer´s wins, but we are talking about a 50$ phone how wrong could a 50$ investment go..??

The dissapointment you can get from spending 50 bucks on something completely useless is something most people can live with LOL

 

It is not really fair to compare them to phones costing 3-4 times more, compare them to those awfull gamer headsets that cost 50-100$ that would be fair..

 

We got a member on hoved-fi that has modded a pair of pro80 http://hoved-fi.dk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1864&p=32154&hilit=pro80#p32154 it is in danish but got lots of pictures

post #474 of 2265

Hi, after reading so much about them do the Pro 80 about to outperform headphones such as ATH M50 and Hi2050 against the AD900x? If not price, what they can compare with especially popular headphones in term of sound quality?

 

Of course I know this is subjective, just some impression to start with.

post #475 of 2265

Thanks Claus, But why really? Because I dont have an AMP haha.. I listen to most things from my computer, I have a nice Creative X FI Audigy Sound Card. I need to be able to change the volume on the fly and just want a good set of phones like my Takstar TS800(which had volume control) something that is very good on the sound and will last. Yes I have listened to the DT880 (unburned) few years ago, they sounded really really nice, my friend bought it thats why he gave me his Takstar TS800. And it did sound pretty nice as well. 

Okay, So Do you prefer the Hi2050 or Pro80, between the two which one would you chose and why? Which would sound better before and after modding? Because I cant really chose both and start my own headphone collection...yet.. Anyway I really do like the Hi 2050 but from what I have heard from others it does leak quite a lot of sound, which can be annoying for private listening? So I was wondering if I should probably get the Pro80 from ebay since its closed and will leak less sound?

 

Also When you mention Modding, are you just stuffing it full of cotton? Just wanting to know what I have to do.. biggrin.gif Can I see yours? What cable did you use and what other cables can I use? where can I get them? on ebay? got any names or links? I mean I only need about 4 or 5 Meter, it can't be that expensive? I don't mind really. Tell me, I wont say bad things, maybe I will just say just unpleasant things smile.gif really I dont mind..I am okay with cheap stuff, Cheap is good. I dont care if the Americans Made it(I am not American) or if the Chinese Made it, as long as its offering me good quality and price is competitive, which in this case a lot less. All my hundreds of dollar worth of computer parts are all manufactured or assembled in china. So I dont mind at all, just tell me what you want. You know if I get the Pro80 I will have to get rid of the spiral cord cable they used and put say 5m cable. So where should I get that from? I see you have a good point with the amps, it probably uses less than 1A, actually 500mA so thickness of wire doesn't really matter as it would in say setting up Speakers, I would reuse the wire in my TS800 but I would prefer to use the same grade non enamel coated wire they used in the Hi2050 or Pro80 and keep the oem look.

 


Give me some links where I can buy the cable from(ebay?) also what size paracord do I need for a professional looking job? I used shoe laces last time. Didn't come out bad at all although I had to make joints every few feet. smile.gif

post #476 of 2265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus-DK View Post

Looking forward to reading that, will you post a link to it here ?? Otherwise I will probably never see it.. .. .. ..

You need to let them play for about 100-150 hours before you pass judgement, those BIG drivers need a lot of exercise before they get in shape..

I'll definitely post a link. How could I not contribute to this awesome thread? Just gimme 2 weeks with them, and I'll come up with a full review. I plan on spending lots of time with it over the next couple of weeks.

Oh, and by the way, it was mainly YOU, Claus, that influenced me to purchase this little wonder. So, thanks again. smily_headphones1.gif

BRB, guys! -BiggBenn
post #477 of 2265

@birdman

Try reading my reply to your last post..

 

LINK


Edited by Claus-DK - 1/17/13 at 6:47pm
post #478 of 2265
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoelse View Post

Hi, after reading so much about them do the Pro 80 about to outperform headphones such as ATH M50 and Hi2050 against the AD900x? If not price, what they can compare with especially popular headphones in term of sound quality?

 

Of course I know this is subjective, just some impression to start with.

 

IMO they are technically on the same level as the old timers

HD 600/650

AKG 701

Beyer DT770/880/990

 

The build is a bit cheaper than those, but better than 99% of cheap headphones.

 

The Pads are also not as good as those, but quite good for a cheap phone

 

I have no real knowledge about any of the models you mentioned besides the 2050 and to say it outperforms those is to my best opinion a matter of taste and if isolation is wanted/needed, they are a nicer build than the 2050..

 

The right day, the right music, the right mood the Pro80 is wonderfull, for everyday use they are not my signature, I like them better than the 2050, but the 2050 is more of an allrounder to me..

It is a bit like nice clothes if you wear them everyday, they are not your nice clothes anymore..

post #479 of 2265

You mean the PM? Thanks I have read it.

 

I know its mogami but wasn't sure which one, there are so many of them on ebay. I am new to this and just trying to get things right so bare with me. triportsad.gif So now that you mentioned the name and some other references, I looked up the Mogami 2893 and found it on ebay, but they come with connectors attached? Shouldn't it be just the wire? did you buy them like that and strip the connectors? http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-TT-to-TT-PATCH-CABLE-w-MOGAMI-2893-NEUTRIK-CONNECTORS-15-FEET-/310508681029?pt=US_Cables_Snakes_Interconnects&hash=item484bc27745 its quite expensive too, 15 feet would cost me nearly $50 shipped!! thats crazy. Is there any other stuff that exists for similar usage or good quality for a fraction of the cost? other then the thin flimsy enamel coated stuff?

 

Another thing that confuses me about the Mogami 2894 stuff you used, is this http://www.takefiveaudio.com/mall/images/perft/CR2893.jpg see that? they also seem to have extra wires, there is Red Blue and Black I know what they are for (left, right and ground) but whats the thin copper wire and round copper coating around the wires and white string like stuff inside the wire for?

 

 

So as for paracord do I get any 550 paracord off ebay? any sizes I should know of or any regular 550 Paracord?

post #480 of 2265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman74 View Post

You mean the PM? Thanks I have read it.

I know its mogami but wasn't sure which one, there are so many of them on ebay. I am new to this and just trying to get things right so bare with me. triportsad.gif So now that you mentioned the name and some other references, I looked up the Mogami 2893 and found it on ebay, but they come with connectors attached? Shouldn't it be just the wire? did you buy them like that and strip the connectors? http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-TT-to-TT-PATCH-CABLE-w-MOGAMI-2893-NEUTRIK-CONNECTORS-15-FEET-/310508681029?pt=US_Cables_Snakes_Interconnects&hash=item484bc27745 its quite expensive too, 15 feet would cost me nearly $50 shipped!! thats crazy. Is there any other stuff that exists for similar usage or good quality for a fraction of the cost? other then the thin flimsy enamel coated stuff?

Another thing that confuses me about the Mogami 2894 stuff you used, is this http://www.takefiveaudio.com/mall/images/perft/CR2893.jpg see that? they also seem to have extra wires, there is Red Blue and Black I know what they are for (left, right and ground) but whats the thin copper wire and round copper coating around the wires and white string like stuff inside the wire for?

So as for paracord do I get any 550 paracord off ebay? any sizes I should know of or any regular 550 Paracord?

Use the quad cabling, it gives you separate grounding wires, just solder both grounding wires to the whatever headphone jack you pick.

 

Mogami W2534 cable $1.10 per foot.

http://www.performanceaudio.com/buy/Mogami/W2534/5602

(this place also sells lots of different headphone jacks)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qped Thread