Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread - Page 33

post #481 of 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus-DK View Post

 

IMO they are technically on the same level as the old timers

HD 600/650

AKG 701

Beyer DT770/880/990

 

The build is a bit cheaper than those, but better than 99% of cheap headphones.

 

The Pads are also not as good as those, but quite good for a cheap phone

 

I have no real knowledge about any of the models you mentioned besides the 2050 and to say it outperforms those is to my best opinion a matter of taste and if isolation is wanted/needed, they are a nicer build than the 2050..

 

The right day, the right music, the right mood the Pro80 is wonderfull, for everyday use they are not my signature, I like them better than the 2050, but the 2050 is more of an allrounder to me..

It is a bit like nice clothes if you wear them everyday, they are not your nice clothes anymore..

That's a very big endorsement, great find on these CANs.

post #482 of 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

Use the quad cabling, it gives you separate grounding wires, just solder both grounding wires to the whatever headphone jack you pick.

 

Mogami W2534 cable $1.10 per foot.

http://www.performanceaudio.com/buy/Mogami/W2534/5602

(this place also sells lots of different headphone jacks)

 

Thats great, thanks but they dont really ship outside the US, at least not specified how much. Did you get it from them? how much was the shipping or do you know anywhere else that ships internationally, anywhere on ebay, or any alternates? the ones I found on ebay only have large quantities, I only need maybe 15 foot. or even if you have any extra cable and wouldn't mind me taking it off your hands? I will be happy to pay too. (hope I am not going against the rules when I say this but you can see my OCN feedback too) thanks

 

 

oh forgot to ask,  what paracord exactly do you need to use for sleeving? is it 550? and between the hi 2050 and pro 80 which is the better one, in terms of sound, feel, and comfort. I see the pro80 is leather? please also read my earlier post and give me some suggestions since you own both. :)


Edited by Birdman74 - 1/17/13 at 10:53pm
post #483 of 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman74 View Post

Thats great, thanks but they dont really ship outside the US, at least not specified how much. Did you get it from them? how much was the shipping or do you know anywhere else that ships internationally, anywhere on ebay, or any alternates? the ones I found on ebay only have large quantities, I only need maybe 15 foot. or even if you have any extra cable and wouldn't mind me taking it off your hands? I will be happy to pay too. (hope I am not going against the rules when I say this but you can see my OCN feedback too) thanks

 

oh forgot to ask,  what paracord exactly do you need to use for sleeving? is it 550? and between the hi 2050 and pro 80 which is the better one, in terms of sound, feel, and comfort. I see the pro80 is leather? please also read my earlier post and give me some suggestions since you own both. :)

Might help to add your location in your "Community Profile".

I never got around to actually to recabling headphones, just ended up buying better headphones.

But I did do a fair amount of reading up on recabling.

There are several web forums on the internet with threads on recabling.

To the the Pro 80 is a little better sounding.

post #484 of 2363

I thought this was head fi, where all the audiophile and headphone nerds meet and know it all for noobs like me :| whats the point if I have to go on other forums lol.. I did some google but never came across something that was solid where it mentioned any good place in ebay or somewhere I could get cables shipped internationally. Recabling should be easy, I am sure, all I need is a good source of wiring thats not cut throat expensive and would ship it to me internationally. Anyway, you must have at least thought of changing the cable on the Pro 80? I mean How do you cope with the nasty spiral cabling they used?

 

Would appreciate if you guys could have been a bit more of a help, shame since I would have really liked having a Pro 80 or Hi2050, would have actually gotten the hi 2050 if it didn't leak noise and blocked noise (didn't hear you or anybody say anything in regards yet). but anyway, thanks, maybe I will just fork out a few hundred dollars more and look at other headphones, preferably with everything I want, no spiral cabling, very long cable, no sound leaking, good audio like DT880, Pro 80's or better, and possibly a volume control pod, Wish me luck smile.gif

post #485 of 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggbenn74 View Post

Just received my Takstar Pro80 today. I was going to wait to post a full review later, but I have to say that for the 30 minutes I've listened to them, they absolutely do not disappoint. smily_headphones1.gif I went in with high expectations, and these met them. Paid 80 bucks, worth every dollar. Stay tuned for pics and review from me soon!

-BiggBenn

 

Nice to hear that you're happy with your purchase.

 

As to everybody that buys the Pro80 I would recommend you as well to look into the Brainwavz HM5 pads (sold at mp4nation), They're a perect fit and a good deal thicker than the stock pads.

 

Looking forward to hear more impressions rom you,

post #486 of 2363

I've had my 2050s for a couple of weeks now. They are rapidly becoming my favorite headphone. I listen primarily to jazz, piano and sax, and some ambient. Is there any reason I should add the Pro 80s to my stable? I don't want to buy them just because they are a bargain. I am assuming they sound great. So can any of you jazz guys offer advice?

 

cubdog

post #487 of 2363

they are black ??

post #488 of 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdog View Post

I've had my 2050s for a couple of weeks now. They are rapidly becoming my favorite headphone. I listen primarily to jazz, piano and sax, and some ambient. Is there any reason I should add the Pro 80s to my stable? I don't want to buy them just because they are a bargain. I am assuming they sound great. So can any of you jazz guys offer advice?

 

cubdog

 

I listen to the same music as you do.

This Guy (Claus) owns both, he still cant make up his mind or give a straight answer, as far as I know the Pro80 looks very stylish in black but has a spiral cord but its a closed set that wont leak as much audio as the Hi 2050, but the Pro80 is not as comfortable as Hi 2050? Which one is the better one, thats what I have been trying to find out all weekend because I can get the Hi 2050 locally but the are Open so they will leak music and whatever you play, the Pro 80's I will have to order from ebay and wait a month.

post #489 of 2363

I will not give you a strait answer, I have no way of knowing which model you find better.

 

I have tried to describe the difference in the two models a couple of times earlier in the thread..

 

They compliment each other quite well, so getting both is not redundant.

post #490 of 2363

Got it, So buy them both. blink.gif

 

That's the same answer I got from everything I read, you can't make up your mind. You like them both, I have read this whole thread, its always mixed monkeying around between this one and that one. its always like "this is good, that is also good".

 

 

let me rephrase my question, I will destroy all your takstar headphones including the hi 2050 and pro80 and I will also forbid you from owning any of them in the future by following you around with a sniper rifle. I give you the option of keeping one takstar headphone, that's all you get to keep, obviously its between the hi 2050 or pro80, which one do you chose and why?

post #491 of 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman74 View Post

Got it, So buy them both. blink.gif

 

That's the same answer I got from everything I read, you can't make up your mind. You like them both, I have read this whole thread, its always mixed monkeying around between this one and that one. its always like "this is good, that is also good".

 

 

let me rephrase my question, I will destroy all your takstar headphones including the hi 2050 and pro80 and I will also forbid you from owning any of them in the future by following you around with a sniper rifle. I give you the option of keeping one takstar headphone, that's all you get to keep, obviously its between the hi 2050 or pro80, which one do you chose and why?


Pretty aggressive, must say. In that case I would rather forgot takstar's and call the police...or your mom. Think Claus mentioned somewhere that he prefers PRO-80 more, cause these suits better for his music. I've picked hi2050 because of my music preferred and also wanted open cans. Just choose between them, I think you won't regret in any case. Choose, don't shoot.

post #492 of 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enuma-elis View Post


Pretty aggressive, must say. In that case I would rather forgot takstar's and call the police...or your mom. Think Claus mentioned somewhere that he prefers PRO-80 more, cause these suits better for his music. I've picked hi2050 because of my music preferred and also wanted open cans. Just choose between them, I think you won't regret in any case. Choose, don't shoot.

What about buy both? For their price vs others I assume it is as good as buy 1 get 2 home?

post #493 of 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enuma-elis View Post


Pretty aggressive, must say. In that case I would rather forgot takstar's and call the police...or your mom. Think Claus mentioned somewhere that he prefers PRO-80 more, cause these suits better for his music. I've picked hi2050 because of my music preferred and also wanted open cans. Just choose between them, I think you won't regret in any case. Choose, don't shoot.

 

desperate times call for desperate measures on hoarding nerds, so no, calling the police or my mom is not an option, imagine you are trapped in a german ski resort and the telephone lines have been cut. okay okay, how about I locked you two in a heated dungeon with access to your favorite music (but no internet) and gave you the choice of picking 1 takstar headphoneevil_smiley.gif..just pick one damn it! tongue.gif

 

popcorn.gif

 

 

 

maybe I will get them both, you know just to try them out..

post #494 of 2363

Now I am scared to recommend one, what if you do not like them ??

Will you burn down my house and steal my car ??

post #495 of 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman74 View Post

 

desperate times call for desperate measures on hoarding nerds, so no, calling the police or my mom is not an option, imagine you are trapped in a german ski resort and the telephone lines have been cut. okay okay, how about I locked you two in a heated dungeon with access to your favorite music (but no internet) and gave you the choice of picking 1 takstar headphoneevil_smiley.gif..just pick one damn it! tongue.gif

 

popcorn.gif

 

 

 

maybe I will get them both, you know just to try them out..


Why would he choose for you ?

Is it so difficult asking about the sound of a phone, and make your own opinion ?

It's the same with recabling, buy some quad cable (Mogami 2534/2893, Canare L4E5/L4E6) and a 3.5mm plug (Neutrik, Viablue, Paillics), do your soldering and see if you get any improvement in sound. It's not our hearing but yours.smile.gif

 

edit: I'm still looking for pleather pads for HI 2050.


Edited by zest - 1/18/13 at 7:16pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread