Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread - Page 21

post #301 of 2350

did some research on sound cards and get more confused :)

 

looks like xonar dg have so-so dac and decent amp, that translate in good price/perf

prob. for me is that i need to buy dgx (no pci slots) and pay it 65 dollars, so i lose price/perf

 

then i found that xonar dx have great SQ for money, but no amp

i can get it for 94 usd

BUT i found http://www.head-fi.org/t/606826/asus-xonar-dx-needs-a-headphone-amp-dac#post_8327052

"front channel output has 100 Ohm impedance ... , which is not ideal for most headphones"

can it be usable with TAKSTAR TS-671 ???

 

another option would be recon3D

it have amp, sound for music is bad, BUT it should be very good for gaming

i can found it for 80 usd
 

im afraid that i dont hve other options,

STX is 260 usd,

fiio can found only on ebay, so i need to pay ship and tax ... and i would like to try 3D sound in games

 

 

i would use it most for games and then recon3D would be ok choice, but i enjoy music to ...

xonar DX would fit my needs, BUT can it drive those headphones?

or i should pick other headphones, problem is which one ...

 

 

to make this long post sort: read bold

post #302 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeClerc2 View Post


thank you very much

was hoping for "decent bass", cant have it all

y, 120 Ohm, xonar dgx should be good?

 

if i can ask u to compare them with yours hd 558 and SR850 in Soundstage/Positional accuracy/Detail retrieval?

Have to figure out were my SR850s are hiding first.

post #303 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeClerc2 View Post

did some research on sound cards and get more confused :)

 

Looks like Xonar DG have so-so dac and decent amp, that translate in good price/perf

prob. for me is that i need to buy dgx (no pci slots) and pay it 65 dollars, so i lose price/perf

 

then i found that xonar dx have great SQ for money, but no amp

i can get it for 94 usd

BUT i found http://www.head-fi.org/t/606826/asus-xonar-dx-needs-a-headphone-amp-dac#post_8327052

"front channel output has 100 Ohm impedance ... , which is not ideal for most headphones"

can it be usable with TAKSTAR TS-671 ???

 

another option would be recon3D

it have amp, sound for music is bad, BUT it should be very good for gaming

i can found it for 80 usd
 

I'm afraid that i don't have other options,

STX is 260 usd,

fiio can found only on ebay, so i need to pay ship and tax ... and i would like to try 3D sound in games

 

i would use it most for games and then recon3D would be ok choice, but i enjoy music to ...

xonar DX would fit my needs, BUT can it drive those headphones?

or i should pick other headphones, problem is which one ...

 

to make this long post sort: read bold

I would say to just get the Xonar DGX for now, sound quality (CS4245 DAC) is fairly decent.

Last time I used the Xonar DG, I watched Star Wars 4 on DVD, I really had zero complains about audio quality.

I would only recommend the Xonar DX if you got an external head amp. to go with it.

post #304 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

Have to figure out were my SR850s are hiding first.


i dont want to intrude u, if u can compere them from memory its good to me

to be honest, i more interested in vs hd 558

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

I would say to just get the Xonar DGX for now, sound quality (CS4245 DAC) is fairly decent.

Last time I used the Xonar DG, I watched Star Wars 4 on DVD, I really had zero complains about audio quality.

I would only recommend the Xonar DX if you got an external head amp. to go with it.

problem is that this is my first proper build and i want to have all in one for fair price

im so naive :)

have feeling that dxg for price that i need to pay dont give me value

i dont have budget, can afford everything that i thing is good value

hope u understand


Edited by LeClerc2 - 12/5/12 at 2:51pm
post #305 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeClerc2 View Post

I don't want to intrude u, if u can compere them from memory its good to me

to be honest, i more interested in vs HD 558

The HD558s are better sounding headphones then the SR850, but as the SR850s are selling for $50, just get the SR850.

You should be happy enough with them.

 

Currently I think the Takstar Hi2050 (Technical Pro HPT990), which sell for around $70, are the best value I know of

Good audio quality and decent Velour ear pads.

post #306 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeClerc2 View Post


i dont want to intrude u, if u can compere them from memory its good to me

to be honest, i more interested in vs hd 558

 

problem is that this is my first proper build and i want to have all in one for fair price

im so naive :)

have feeling that dxg for price that i need to pay dont give me value

i dont have budget, can afford everything that i thing is good value

hope u understand

Xonar DG & DGX are a great value, I've owned about 8 sound cards in the past 12 years, the Xonar DG & DGX are very good for the price.

post #307 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

The HD558s are better sounding headphones then the SR850, but as the SR850s are selling for $50, just get the SR850.

You should be happy enough with them.

 

Currently I think the Takstar Hi2050 (Technical Pro HPT990), which sell for around $70, are the best value I know of

Good audio quality and decent Velour ear pads.


misunderstanding

i was asking u to compare TS-671 with them, never mind ...

 

Takstar Hi2050 was my first pick, but im afraid it cant fit my big head

btw i can get it for 46 usd

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-hi-2050-high-fidelity-earphones-hifi-high-qualuty-headsets-monitor-s-headphones-without-micro/690162253.html

can they work with dx? :)

post #308 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeClerc2 View Post


misunderstanding

i was asking u to compare TS-671 with them, never mind ...

 

Takstar Hi2050 was my first pick, but im afraid it cant fit my big head

btw i can get it for 46 usd

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-hi-2050-high-fidelity-earphones-hifi-high-qualuty-headsets-monitor-s-headphones-without-micro/690162253.html

can they work with dx? :)

Sorry I deal a lot with the Hi2050 on Head-Fi, forget which headphone I'm being questioned about from post to post.

But the TS-671 are good for sound stage and a general openness feeling to audio.

post #309 of 2350

all good, thx for your time

have fun
 

post #310 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeClerc2 View Post


misunderstanding

i was asking u to compare TS-671 with them, never mind ...

 

Takstar Hi2050 was my first pick, but im afraid it cant fit my big head

btw i can get it for 46 usd

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-hi-2050-high-fidelity-earphones-hifi-high-qualuty-headsets-monitor-s-headphones-without-micro/690162253.html

can they work with dx? :)

That dude doesn't seem to have any feedback I'd try and go for one of the more reputable sellers. 

post #311 of 2350

Now the proud owner of the Takstar TS-671, Takstar Hi2050 and Gemini HSR-1000 (rebadged Takstar Pro 80).

post #312 of 2350

please post some impressions/comparisons of the pro80beerchug.gif

post #313 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofastreamer View Post

please post some impressions/comparisons of the pro80beerchug.gif

For the price I paid for the Gemini "Pro 80", they are a good value.

I think the Pro 80s sound a little better then the Hi2050s.

So far I've tried the Pro 80s with my O2 and Yamaha receiver.

 

Before i was holding off on getting the Pro 80s because i was hopefully they would be offered with Velour ear pads.

But the Pro 80s current leather pads are comfortable.

post #314 of 2350

i got the isk hp2011 and they are far too bright with piercing highs. what is the generall soundsignature of the pro80?

post #315 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofastreamer View Post

i got the isk hp2011 and they are far too bright with piercing highs. what is the general sound signature of the Pro80?

No "weakness" in any area of sound.

Good sound with music, later today I might try them with a Blu-ray movie.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread