Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread - Page 144

post #2146 of 2554

I received a pair of Takstar Hi2050 today, resemblance in the flesh to Beyerdynamic DT880 is almost freaky.

The headband, cup arms and overall design reminds me of baby pair of DT880 down to a tee.

These ones don't mind a fair amount of power! Is that normal?

As for the sound, they're pretty good!

post #2147 of 2554
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 

I received a pair of Takstar Hi2050 today, resemblance in the flesh to Beyerdynamic DT880 is almost freaky.

The headband, cup arms and overall design reminds me of baby pair of DT880 down to a tee.

These ones don't mind a fair amount of power! Is that normal?

As for the sound, they're pretty good!


Mine didn't need a lot of power but did need a long time to break in. If you got them new and think they sound good now...wait.

post #2148 of 2554
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADCAM View Post
 


Mine didn't need a lot of power but did need a long time to break in. If you got them new and think they sound good now...wait.



This pair only had about 3-4 hours on them, basically new. (came with a trade) 

They sound pretty good straight from an Aune T1 atm.  I've had PRO80 before so wanted to try Hi2050.

I'll probably be using them most of today so we'll get some time on them. 

post #2149 of 2554

If I remember correctly mine took quite awhile and the sound changed quite drastically over a 100+ period. I am amazed at the changes that occur as a headphone breaks-in. Far more dramatic than cables.

post #2150 of 2554

I've put well over 500 hours plus on these and they still amaze me of how good they sound. The best thing you can do to improve your enjoyment is the buy the HM5 pads. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADCAM View Post
 

If I remember correctly mine took quite awhile and the sound changed quite drastically over a 100+ period. I am amazed at the changes that occur as a headphone breaks-in. Far more dramatic than cables.

 

My break-in time was more like around 20 hours before they started to sound really good. After that I've not noticed any change until I got the HM5 pads, and after that removed the foam on the cups to decrease the bass boominess.

post #2151 of 2554

Been listening most of today to Hi2050.

 I'm really impressed with the sound still, I especially like the treble tone and detail. It has great shimmer and presence hitting a frequency that truly gels well with me. I was listening to some Diana Krall earlier today  (Live in Paris) and the bass was well separated from the mids bouncing away with good speed. I could hear individual bass notes easily, actually they jumped out at me, that was with a rather fast track too. Now I'm listening to Sphongle and feel really immersed in the sound around me.

Another good thing is the detailing levels while remaining non-fatiguing. By now with an SHR940 I would far more than fatigued and need to stop but the HI2050 lets me continue to listen for much longer. Comfort is also great, I'm hoping the pads break in a little more just to soften up a touch. (not going to try HM5 pads on these ones. Maybe the newer velour down the road.

You really can't go wrong with these Takstar headphones. I would recommend them to anyone wanting sound on a budget or anyone really who simply wants a great can for cheap. 

Really really like them.........

post #2152 of 2554
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 

Been listening most of today to Hi2050.

 I'm really impressed with the sound still, I especially like the treble tone and detail. It has great shimmer and presence hitting a frequency that truly gels well with me. I was listening to some Diana Krall earlier today  (Live in Paris) and the bass was well separated from the mids bouncing away with good speed. I could hear individual bass notes easily, actually they jumped out at me, that was with a rather fast track too. Now I'm listening to Sphongle and feel really immersed in the sound around me.

Another good thing is the detailing levels while remaining non-fatiguing. By now with an SHR940 I would far more than fatigued and need to stop but the HI2050 lets me continue to listen for much longer. Comfort is also great, I'm hoping the pads break in a little more just to soften up a touch. (not going to try HM5 pads on these ones. Maybe the newer velour down the road.

You really can't go wrong with these Takstar headphones. I would recommend them to anyone wanting sound on a budget or anyone really who simply wants a great can for cheap. 

Really really like them.........

 

Great one mate!

 

I'll be looking at getting these one day to have as my open cans. I also what to trail some mods with them. Possibly use the grille from them to create a hybrid headphone where you can swap out the cup cover to turn them into open or close cans. 

 

Also try these with an amp. The drivers in them scale very well with increasingly more powerful gear. You love them when your get the NX1 back.

 

How would you compare these with the Shure SRH940 in terms of dynamics and sound stage?

post #2153 of 2554
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJScope View Post
 

 

Great one mate!

 

I'll be looking at getting these one day to have as my open cans. I also what to trail some mods with them. Possibly use the grille from them to create a hybrid headphone where you can swap out the cup cover to turn them into open or close cans. 

 

Also try these with an amp. The drivers in them scale very well with increasingly more powerful gear. You love them when your get the NX1 back.

 

How would you compare these with the Shure SRH940 in terms of dynamics and sound stage?



 I think due to the semi-open design Hi2050 have SHR940 beaten in soundstage width .At the moment I can hear samples about 1" either side of my ears using Aune T1 and Golden lion tube. The Shure aren't that impressive in the way of space and you really need to try and extract much air as you can from your source, DAC, amp etc.

SHR940 have more dynamic impact though sounding brighter aggressive. Where the Hi2050 reach their top level of detail and constantly hover around that region SHR940 will have a higher ceiling which shows when the recording asked it too or depending on your volume level. So for example, if I lift the volume on Hi2050 it will cap out in detail, (but at a more than enjoyable level), Wheras the 940 will open up like a racing car and rev harder .Despite the poor build SHR940 are one of the most detailed headphones I've heard.

 Compared to SHR440 the Hi2050 sound warm, smooth, boosted in bass and a little coloured.. 440 in comparison sound analytical and SHR940 share many of those traits.

 Hi2050 sound more akin to a DT880 IMHO from any headphone I've heard. but with slightly more bass.


 


Edited by H20Fidelity - 7/31/14 at 2:10am
post #2154 of 2554
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 



 I think due to the semi-open design Hi2050 have SHR940 beaten in soundstage width .At the moment I can hear samples about 1" either side of my ears using Aune T1 and Golden lion tube. The Shure aren't that impressive in the way of space and you really need to try and extract much air as you can from your source, DAC, amp etc.

SHR940 have more dynamic impact though sounding brighter aggressive. Where the Hi2050 reach their top level of detail and constantly hover around that region SHR940 will have a higher ceiling which shows when the recording asked it too or depending on your volume level. So for example, if I lift the volume on Hi2050 it will cap out in detail, (but at a more than enjoyable level), Wheras the 940 will open up like a racing car and rev harder .Despite the poor build SHR940 are one of the most detailed headphones I've heard.

 Compared to SHR440 the Hi2050 sound warm, smooth, boosted in bass and a little coloured.. 440 in comparison sound analytical and SHR940 share many of those traits.

 Hi2050 sound more akin to a DT880 IMHO from any headphone I've heard. but with slightly more bass.


 

 

Exactly why i have a lot of the missing treble boosted in my EQ, it brings that air and sparkle back and sort of bring the sound back to life. I find the sound quite mellow with no EQ.

post #2155 of 2554
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJScope View Post
 

 

Exactly why i have a lot of the missing treble boosted in my EQ, it brings that air and sparkle back and sort of bring the sound back to life. I find the sound quite mellow with no EQ.



Honestly, once you adjust to Hi2050 (and PRO 80) they offer plenty enough of everything.

I know if I switch over to 940 I'll notice the difference, but until then the Takstar serve up an upright listening adventure.

 

post #2156 of 2554
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 



Honestly, once you adjust to Hi2050 (and PRO 80) they offer plenty enough of everything.

I know if I switch over to 940 I'll notice the difference, but until then the Takstar serve up an upright listening adventure.

 

 

True. And unbeatable for the price tag.

post #2157 of 2554
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post



Honestly, once you adjust to Hi2050 (and PRO 80) they offer plenty enough of everything.


I know if I switch over to 940 I'll notice the difference, but until then the Takstar serve up an upright listening adventure.
You should just take the pads from your 940, dump them on the Hi2050 and call it a day. biggrin.gif
post #2158 of 2554
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post


You should just take the pads from your 940, dump them on the Hi2050 and call it a day. biggrin.gif



I actually have a spare set of 940 pads here (the kit comes with x2)

Damnit, *looks under table at SHR940 box containing spare pads*

post #2159 of 2554
Awesome. I still need to get me a set. After many hours of use, it's still stiff. frown.gif I've tried swapping with the 880s pads (Doesn't quite fit, can be easily dislodged) and some Beyer COP pads (Fits really nice, didn't like the changes to the signature)
post #2160 of 2554

For some reason I feel the Hi2050 have above average synergy with an 5G iPod Video (straight from headphone out). Something magical happens when you pair them together. I actually sold my Beyer DT880 recently and enjoy (well have more fun) with the Takstar. Don't get me wrong though, there's no denying the Beyer was superior.

I've had the PRO80 and think for me Hi2050 is my preferred choice. I know one thing, these aren't going anywhere in a  hurry.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread