Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread - Page 131

post #1951 of 2363
Tax time coming. I'll be getting the HM5 pads and a Fiio E11

Sent from Moto G XT1033 w/ Faux kernel.
post #1952 of 2363

Hey , I found some headphones that look like these but i couldn't find any information about them the brand is called ( AHUJA ) it seems to be an Indian company the product I am interested in is AHUJA AHP-1800 

 

Product Page:  http://www.ahujaradios.com/Productdetail.asp?prd_id=319&id=11&sc_id=69

 

anyone heard of these before? and what model do they look like coz i am not familiar with all the models.

 

Regards

post #1953 of 2363
Looks like there is changed only name on metalic line, model name and thats all
post #1954 of 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkanlord View Post

Looks like there is changed only name on metalic line, model name and thats all

so you think this is similar to the Takstar HI 2050 ? or what model ? 

post #1955 of 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo137ooo View Post
 

so you think this is similar to the Takstar HI 2050 ? or what model ? 

probably but i cant give 100% because haven't holded those a huj in hands

post #1956 of 2363

Just for fun compared my old jvc ha-s44x vs hi2050 got almost sick :D jvc have more bass but it disgusting bass :D and now i don't want to crack up bass because so much cleaner sound :) i am getting virus :( from you all

post #1957 of 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJScope View Post

Tax time coming. I'll be getting the HM5 pads and a Fiio E11

Sent from Moto G XT1033 w/ Faux kernel.

yay tax time

 

I'm eyeing a TH900

post #1958 of 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post
 

yay tax time

 

I'm eyeing a TH900

 

You obviously have much bigger pockets than I do. xD

 

I'm only leaving an allowance for $100 of petty cash. Rest goes on baby stuff :(

post #1959 of 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJScope View Post

You obviously have much bigger pockets than I do. xD

I'm only leaving an allowance for $100 of petty cash. Rest goes on baby stuff frown.gif

You're doing it right. I was like you a few years ago. It gets better
post #1960 of 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post


You're doing it right. I was like you a few years ago. It gets better

 

I hope so.

 

Hey what's you opinion of adding resistors to the cable to raise the headphone impedance but increasing gain from the amplifier. Do you think this will make an impact of sound quality/clarity?

I just ordered some 75Ohm resistors from eBay for $1 to experiment with it, but they won't be here for about 2-4 weeks. Many people are saying that it cleans out the sound and in some cases raises different bands. Sounds like a cheap experiment worth trying.

post #1961 of 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJScope View Post
 

 

I hope so.

 

Hey what's you opinion of adding resistors to the cable to raise the headphone impedance but increasing gain from the amplifier. Do you think this will make an impact of sound quality/clarity?

I just ordered some 75Ohm resistors from eBay for $1 to experiment with it, but they won't be here for about 2-4 weeks. Many people are saying that it cleans out the sound and in some cases raises different bands. Sounds like a cheap experiment worth trying.

I did the same thing for my IEMs, I didn't notice anything changed except for the addtional power requirement. It might stop hissing if that was there in the first place. These cans are quite efficient though

post #1962 of 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post
 

I did the same thing for my IEMs, I didn't notice anything changed except for the addtional power requirement. It might stop hissing if that was there in the first place. These cans are quite efficient though

 

I do get a very slight amount of electrical interference when using them with my PC front headphone output. It's not constant noise, it's only evident when the HDD spools up. It's only noticeable when there's nothing playing, and even then it's very faint. No such problem from the rear output but not enough gain to drive these cans properly, hence why I'm getting the E11. 

 

When you did it, did you just put resistors in serial to the hot wires or did you also have a resistor in parallel? I'm still not sure exactly how this circuit works. The 2 variation in design. I think that the serial only design is wrong, but I'm not sure. 

 

Once I get the E11 I'm going to make a input/output selector (2x input + 2x output) so I might integrate the resistors to dampen any noise that might be coming from the motherboard. Just a temporary fix for now.

post #1963 of 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJScope View Post
 

 

I do get a very slight amount of electrical interference when using them with my PC front headphone output. It's not constant noise, it's only evident when the HDD spools up. It's only noticeable when there's nothing playing, and even then it's very faint. No such problem from the rear output but not enough gain to drive these cans properly, hence why I'm getting the E11. 

 

When you did it, did you just put resistors in serial to the hot wires or did you also have a resistor in parallel? I'm still not sure exactly how this circuit works. The 2 variation in design. I think that the serial only design is wrong, but I'm not sure. 

 

Once I get the E11 I'm going to make a input/output selector (2x input + 2x output) so I might integrate the resistors to dampen any noise that might be coming from the motherboard. Just a temporary fix for now.

I was actually using an adapter that brought the resistance to 75ohms.

 

Where I did try a resistor was with my speaker amp and across the red and black similar to this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/629352/lightbox/post/9416836/id/832967

post #1964 of 2363

Got my Takstar 2050's today. Not really liking them. Do they need a break in period?

post #1965 of 2363

I've got a Pro 80 and have been enjoying it.

 

I also have a Samson SR850 which I enjoy for the bigger soundstage and airiness.

 

I'm considering getting the Hi-2050, but it doesn't sound like it is a very open for a semi-open can. Is that right?

 

So, I can spend $45 for HI-2050 or I can spend more for something significantly better. What would I need to get/spend for a significant improvement over the 2050? I'm looking for something semi-open to open.

 

Mainly listening to movie soundtracks, pop songs in the top 100, etc. I like a pretty wide range actually, but not into hard rock, techno, etc. - I'm no basshead, but do appreciate bass quality.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread