or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread - Page 123

post #1831 of 4428
OK so I went and bought some components from my local and made a adapter cable.

sanaragu.jpg

Sorry for the terrible quality photo.

I had a huge "derp" moment when I realised I needed 4 banana plugs. So I ended up not using them.

Conclusion.
Noise! A lot of static. But the highs and mids sounded fantastic! The lows where completely nonexistent because the amp has a dedicated sub and anything below 300hz was missing. It was a $8 experiment, and worth the effort IMO.

Sent from Moto G XT1033 w/ Faux kernel.
post #1832 of 4428
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJScope View Post

OK so I went and bought some components from my local and made a adapter cable.

sanaragu.jpg

Sorry for the terrible quality photo.

I had a huge "derp" moment when I realised I needed 4 banana plugs. So I ended up not using them.

Conclusion.
Noise! A lot of static. But the highs and mids sounded fantastic! The lows where completely nonexistent because the amp has a dedicated sub and anything below 300hz was missing. It was a $8 experiment, and worth the effort IMO.

Sent from Moto G XT1033 w/ Faux kernel.
Can't you turn off that 300hz crossover?
post #1833 of 4428
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post


Can't you turn off that 300hz crossover?

 

Not possible without hardware hacking unfortunately. I don't really wanna play around with the circuit.

 

Do you think the noise is being produced because of the frankenstein ground connection?

post #1834 of 4428
N
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJScope View Post

Not possible without hardware hacking unfortunately. I don't really wanna play around with the circuit.

Do you think the noise is being produced because of the frankenstein ground connection?
Not sure but it could be just a high noise floor
post #1835 of 4428
post #1836 of 4428

is that worth it and will be better then takstar hd2050 orginals and will fit at all?

post #1837 of 4428
For me it's better than the Takstar pro80 originals. Better comfort, isolation and better bass
post #1838 of 4428
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post
 

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-earphones/brainwavz-hm5-spare-earpad-1pc

 

HM5 pads back for sale

 

Are these made of natural leather or are they pleather (faux leather)?

post #1839 of 4428
They're made of pleather but they're really nice.
post #1840 of 4428
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJScope View Post
 

 

xD

 

You sir! You have way too much money! Can I have some?

 

I do not have so many you have to "sir" me that is for sure..

post #1841 of 4428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus-DK View Post
 

 

I do not have so many you have to "sir" me that is for sure..

 

Yes sir! ;)

post #1842 of 4428
Nobody has too much money
post #1843 of 4428
Bill gates does!

I have recently ordered the hm5 pads and hd80 pros. Hopefully they meet my expectations.
I only have a few sets of lower end sennheisers and the philips up towns which I love but are a bit too warm and of course they have the dreadful volume control which I'll have to cut off some time.
post #1844 of 4428
Has anyone done any mods to their Takstar/Gemini/TP HP yet?

I ordered some 10m of paracord and some heat shrink from China. Also I'm going to be getting 2x Neutrik 3.5mm jacks in 2 weeks time. Already got the 3.5mm chassis socket.

Once I've got everything ready to go. Here are my plans:

1) convert the Pro 80 to have a removable cable.
2) add a standard gold plated 3.5mm jack to the cut end of the stock cable. This will allow me to use the 1/4" adapter that came in the box.
3) make a 1m straight cable from CAT5 cables and the 2x Neutrik jacks and use the paracord to sleeve it.

These will be my first attempt to do some REAL aesthetic audio mods.

Can't wait till I get them.

Sent from Moto G XT1033 w/ Faux kernel.
Edited by DJScope - 4/2/14 at 11:05pm
post #1845 of 4428

i thought the takstar ts 671 will be less dark than the pro80. but I was wrong.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread