Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread - Page 108

post #1606 of 2350

can anyone compare the hd6000 and the hd 5500 for elerctic music metal rock and pop, and which one is more comfortable ,and in which one ill sweat less?

 

Thanks.

post #1607 of 2350
Does anyone know of a headphone that's sounds exactly the pro80 but with harder hitting, and lower reaching bass? Would the hd6000 be that? Seriously loving these hsr1000, but just need a bit more bass. Went back to my go to headphones that I have been using for the past year, and now I can't use them after these Geminis lol.
post #1608 of 2350
Does abyone know what earphone hard case can I use with the hd6000?
post #1609 of 2350

Has anyone owned both gemini 1k and takstar 80? Can you confirm they are indeed the same?  i saw the graph for the 80's today, and it's waaay different from the gemini graph.

post #1610 of 2350

I want to eq the pro80 and compensate the steep dip at 4k to make it less dark in my rockbox'd device. any advice how to do it the right way? simply adding db at 4k causes clipping. thanks

post #1611 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by quisxx View Post

Has anyone owned both gemini 1k and takstar 80? Can you confirm they are indeed the same?  i saw the graph for the 80's today, and it's waaay different from the gemini graph.
Where did you come across an hsr1000 graph? I am interested as I have them arriving in a few days. I have read positive responses about both models on this thread, but I am interested in the difference as well. Price was the deciding factor in my case as the hsr1000 was $55 on amazon vs $75 for the pro80.
Edited by rockcoastsound - 3/9/14 at 7:36am
post #1612 of 2350

.


Edited by bravobs - 3/9/14 at 7:47am
post #1613 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravobs View Post

I want to eq the pro80 and compensate the steep dip at 4k to make it less dark in my rockbox'd device. any advice how to do it the right way? simply adding db at 4k causes clipping. thanks
I have just completed reading this thread in its entirety. There is a section regarding proper eq for the pro80. I cant seem to find it, but it is there. I promise.good luck searching through the 3 years of material. Ill let you know if I come across it.
post #1614 of 2350

Tried stuffing my hm5 pads on the pro80 to make them angled. Absolutely did not like it one bit - gives them a mid bass hump and takes focus off mids completely ruined the mids for me - sounded muffled as well. Highs were more rolled off / less prominent but it didn't really help solve the problem of sibilance - if anything the sibilance sounded worse, it was just not as loud.

 

I have my hm5 pads currently with an electric cable the whole circle under the pad (to keep them away from the ears). It was just an implementation of the "rope mod" with stuff I had lying around, but that sounded much better to me.

 

EDIT: Took it out and went for about 50% of the amount I used before with much better results. It sounds very similar to the electrical rope mod now but the soundstage may have opened up a bit (have not done a direct comparison - when you expect things to happen it can be very easy to hear them simply because you weren't looking for it before).


Edited by robakri - 3/9/14 at 8:56am
post #1615 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcoastsound View Post


Where did you come across an hsr1000 graph? I am interested as I have them arriving in a few days. I have read positive responses about both models on this thread, but I am interested in the difference as well. Price was the deciding factor in my case as the hsr1000 was $55 on amazon vs $75 for the pro80.


http://www.head-fi.org/content/type/61/id/729897/width/500/height/1000/flags/LL

post #1616 of 2350

is takstar hi2050 to sennheiser hd558 a good upgrade? or can someone compare them for me? thanks

post #1617 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravobs View Post
 

is takstar hi2050 to sennheiser hd558 a good upgrade? or can someone compare them for me? thanks

I sold my HD598's and kept my HI2050's. Takstar is very detailed and clean, I do EQ the highs just a bit. The Senn's are relaxed but I felt they were slightly veiled not as detailed and lively as the Takstar. I am not familiar with the HD558 though. The Senn's were nice just not for me. I'll be keeping the HI2050.

post #1618 of 2350

I've just unpacked my Takstar 2050's and gave them a quick listen. How much burn in do you think they need ?

 

At this moment, with less than 30 minutes on them, they're quite edgy and congested. I do like the comfort though.

post #1619 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADCAM View Post
 

I sold my HD598's and kept my HI2050's. Takstar is very detailed and clean, I do EQ the highs just a bit. The Senn's are relaxed but I felt they were slightly veiled not as detailed and lively as the Takstar. I am not familiar with the HD558 though. The Senn's were nice just not for me. I'll be keeping the HI2050.


Thanks for the insight.

post #1620 of 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby S View Post
 

I've just unpacked my Takstar 2050's and gave them a quick listen. How much burn in do you think they need ?

 

At this moment, with less than 30 minutes on them, they're quite edgy and congested. I do like the comfort though.

Mine took around 150+ hours...I was getting a little worried. I used a nice mix of music at a realistic volume. They now sound great but I do EQ around 7k down a bit, not much.

I really like these headphones.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread