Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ - Page 28

post #406 of 1680


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keanex View Post





 

The clamp does loosen a bit over time, without loosening them over books I've found they're fine after a while.

I let my friend try them in the car and I didn't hear anything on the outside. Definitely able to be used portable.

I agree 100% with the soundstage, very nice presentation and width.

That was me that said they are basically Ad900 with better bass. Glad you also agree!

 

Glad you're enjoying them, especially coming from the D7000!



 

Hey do these respond well to EQu app on ipod do you think? I like clear and slightly foward  midrange and vocals and dislike overpowering bass(like the ath-m50s are).

post #407 of 1680
Does anyone find the piano kind of unclear? Just wondering, it seems underpowered on my hm5's.
post #408 of 1680

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006MA9XXM/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

 

For those looking for a pair. 4 more went up from MP4Nations. Can't beat Amazon for returns and shipping.

post #409 of 1680
can anyone take a pic of themselves with the cans on.? I would like to see if it's big or not, to use it to commuting to work
post #410 of 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRiNiCK View Post

can anyone take a pic of themselves with the cans on.? I would like to see if it's big or not, to use it to commuting to work


Keanex has pictures of them on a styrofoam head, and (I believe) Dragon2knight wears them in his video review

 

post #411 of 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftown1 View Post



Keanex has pictures of them on a styrofoam head, and (I believe) Dragon2knight wears them in his video review


just saw the pictures...hmmm the padding makes it sort of huge on the head... Hopefully I can order a smaller set of pads for these
post #412 of 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRiNiCK View Post


just saw the pictures...hmmm the padding makes it sort of huge on the head... Hopefully I can order a smaller set of pads for these

I'd imagine they'd stick out just a little further than the hd600 on the sides (just based on pictures of the hm5).  And if you do pad swap, be sure to send a pair of the old ones my way wink.gif
 

 

post #413 of 1680

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRiNiCK View Post


just saw the pictures...hmmm the padding makes it sort of huge on the head... Hopefully I can order a smaller set of pads for these


Not sure it's a good idea. The clamping force is pretty strong, and the thick padding is what makes it so comfortable. Also I imagine it would change the sound quite a lot. They're actually not that bad. They don't look as crazy on your head as some other full-sized phones do.

post #414 of 1680
I wore mine to work and they were fine. The isolation is also above average for a headphone, not at as good as a good IEM but better than any other headphone I have tried. But keep in mind I don't mind looking like a deranged Princess Leia :-)
post #415 of 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post




Not sure it's a good idea. The clamping force is pretty strong, and the thick padding is what makes it so comfortable. Also I imagine it would change the sound quite a lot. They're actually not that bad. They don't look as crazy on your head as some other full-sized phones do.

well i used to have own PRO 650, and i used it before as my portable can.and they looked alright using them outside..
yeahh i saw the video too, doesnt look too bad but again the camera is up close to him and cant really see how they look from a good feet away
post #416 of 1680

Man, I'm sure these are really great for their price and all, but am I the only one who finds them hideous?

post #417 of 1680

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRiNiCK View Post


well i used to have own PRO 650, and i used it before as my portable can.and they looked alright using them outside..
yeahh i saw the video too, doesnt look too bad but again the camera is up close to him and cant really see how they look from a good feet away


Did you happen to see these?

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/585281/review-brainwavz-hm5-a-new-neutral-champ/135#post_7998990

post #418 of 1680
a1b86cd6-cd82-64df.jpg
a1b86cd6-cdaa-2d89.jpg
post #419 of 1680

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player1josh46 View Post

Hey do these respond well to EQu app on ipod do you think? I like clear and slightly foward  midrange and vocals and dislike overpowering bass(like the ath-m50s are).


They respond amicably to EQ. The mids are clear, and no overpowering bass, so perhaps it won't be as necessary anyway.

post #420 of 1680
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbd2884 View Post

How are these the "NEW" neutral champ if they are just a clone of the Fischer FAA-03?


I had no proof they were the same, and there's still no definite proof. Either way, even if they are clones, they are $20 cheaper for the same headphone, that deserves the "New Neutral Champ" title if you ask me!

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

It's just a play on words from project86's FA-003 review, no?


Exactly this.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ