Someone in the fa-003 thread said the lindys and fa-003 sound exactly the same, no 1 knows about the brainwavez yet but I think they would probley also sound the same.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on 12/18/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyer DT770 Pro 80 vs. Shure SRH 840 vs. Fischer FA-003 Last post on 6/27/12 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This Headphone have Very Good and Smooth Mid / High, Good Bass response. Cold-side, Analytical, Overall Clarity made this Headphone Shine, Bass may lack on some track or Not enough for some...
I recently traded my ATM-50's since they unfortunately lost lower frequencies and started crackling in the left ear. So I thought "Why not try something different". I was looking for something to...
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ - Page 3post #31 of 163312/15/11 at 4:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 163312/15/11 at 4:28pm
One person is as low as you can get for anecdotal evidence. We'll all be waiting for someone to have HM5s measured, perhaps by someone who knows how like Tyll.
I actually have a couple of WM-61A mic capsules that are suitable for measuring headphones's FR, but I don't know how to set up a cheap recording rig that will do a decent job. I don't know the frequency response of my microphone input jacks either. I briefly tried it with RMAA a while back but the results didn't look too great, mostly because I couldn't the distance right or a good "seal".
Edited by kingpage - 12/15/11 at 4:44pmpost #33 of 163312/15/11 at 4:33pmpost #34 of 163312/15/11 at 4:46pmpost #35 of 163312/15/11 at 5:04pmpost #36 of 163312/15/11 at 6:15pm
That dip at 300hz after that bass structure? That's almost certainly the FA-003 driver, alright!
Quote:Originally Posted by JRG1990
Lindy gave the graph for there headphones http://cdn.head-fi.org/d/d6/d6f3bbc9_dc5c5bf3_1947564.png .post #37 of 163312/15/11 at 6:17pmpost #38 of 163312/15/11 at 7:00pmpost #39 of 163312/15/11 at 7:06pm
I don't have my HM5s yet, but I think I like the fact that they include a short and a long cable and they are cheaper than FA-003. As beautiful as HM5s look, I do like FA-003's new design a tad better. In terms of shipping gd-audiobase is a nightmare from what I heard, frogbeat is out of stock on the 003 otherwise its 2-3 day shipping is nice. I have no idea about the Lindy's, they may be easier to obtain if you're in the UK.post #40 of 163312/15/11 at 9:05pmThread Starter
That chart sounds similar to what I hear from the Hm5, but this is not me claiming they are the same as the FA-003. I will never make that claim myself until there is concrete proof. What I will say is that the Hm5 are an incredible value.post #41 of 163312/15/11 at 9:47pm
Well mine are shipped, now I just have to wait and see if they make it here bfore New Years or not. I suspect first week of January at the earliest .
Anyway setting aside the whole re-badge question I do wonder if the velour pads from the FA-003 will fit. If so that might be an interesting option if they can be bought separately.
I hope these live up to the hype. But having reviewed the HM3 which I think are a not bad budget portable (a bit to bassy and V shaped for me but pretty nice sound stage). I do think these will be more than just the hype.
My only concern is that I have a pair of Etymotic HF3's that my brain has fallen in love with which may make anything less intimate and detailed unappealing. But if these hit the sweet spot in all the areas I have seen reviewed I suspect they will present a different but equally compelling listen which would be perfect.post #42 of 163312/15/11 at 10:19pmQuote:
HM5 and FA-003 have identical housing as confirmed by what's written inside the cups.post #43 of 163312/15/11 at 11:01pmpost #44 of 163312/16/11 at 4:50am
To be blunt I could care less if they are a re-badge. I like MP4Nation stuff and so long as manufacturers allow their stuff to be sold under different brand names, if it gives a price break to the consumer or at least options then it's all good. It's much preffered to the counterfeit market.post #45 of 163312/16/11 at 6:10am
The most important thing is that they sound good (by good, I just want them to blow me away like Creative Aurvana Live! did when I first put them on). At this price point ($140 retail), I'd expect nothing short of eargasmic near-perfection. These are Brainwavz's flagship for crying out loud!!!
Edited by kingpage - 12/16/11 at 6:12am
- [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Oppo BDP-105 vs. Emotiva DC-1 SQ 4 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 8 seconds ago
- › MHDT Havana DAC 16 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 40 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › TASCAM US-144 driver for Windows 7 64-bit 1 minute ago
- › In what circumstances is it worth it to buy an audio card? 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital