Someone in the fa-003 thread said the lindys and fa-003 sound exactly the same, no 1 knows about the brainwavez yet but I think they would probley also sound the same.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on 12/18/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyer DT770 Pro 80 vs. Shure SRH 840 vs. Fischer FA-003 Last post on 6/27/12 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
The ATH-CK9’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. Built and accessories: The ATH-CKR9 is a dual dynamic IEM featuring two 13mm drivers. The drivers are...
[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ - Page 3post #31 of 172112/15/11 at 4:14pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 172112/15/11 at 4:28pm
One person is as low as you can get for anecdotal evidence. We'll all be waiting for someone to have HM5s measured, perhaps by someone who knows how like Tyll.
I actually have a couple of WM-61A mic capsules that are suitable for measuring headphones's FR, but I don't know how to set up a cheap recording rig that will do a decent job. I don't know the frequency response of my microphone input jacks either. I briefly tried it with RMAA a while back but the results didn't look too great, mostly because I couldn't the distance right or a good "seal".
Edited by kingpage - 12/15/11 at 4:44pmpost #33 of 172112/15/11 at 4:33pmpost #34 of 172112/15/11 at 4:46pmpost #35 of 172112/15/11 at 5:04pmpost #36 of 172112/15/11 at 6:15pm
That dip at 300hz after that bass structure? That's almost certainly the FA-003 driver, alright!
Quote:Originally Posted by JRG1990
Lindy gave the graph for there headphones http://cdn.head-fi.org/d/d6/d6f3bbc9_dc5c5bf3_1947564.png .post #37 of 172112/15/11 at 6:17pmpost #38 of 172112/15/11 at 7:00pmpost #39 of 172112/15/11 at 7:06pm
I don't have my HM5s yet, but I think I like the fact that they include a short and a long cable and they are cheaper than FA-003. As beautiful as HM5s look, I do like FA-003's new design a tad better. In terms of shipping gd-audiobase is a nightmare from what I heard, frogbeat is out of stock on the 003 otherwise its 2-3 day shipping is nice. I have no idea about the Lindy's, they may be easier to obtain if you're in the UK.post #40 of 172112/15/11 at 9:05pmThread Starter
That chart sounds similar to what I hear from the Hm5, but this is not me claiming they are the same as the FA-003. I will never make that claim myself until there is concrete proof. What I will say is that the Hm5 are an incredible value.post #41 of 172112/15/11 at 9:47pm
Well mine are shipped, now I just have to wait and see if they make it here bfore New Years or not. I suspect first week of January at the earliest .
Anyway setting aside the whole re-badge question I do wonder if the velour pads from the FA-003 will fit. If so that might be an interesting option if they can be bought separately.
I hope these live up to the hype. But having reviewed the HM3 which I think are a not bad budget portable (a bit to bassy and V shaped for me but pretty nice sound stage). I do think these will be more than just the hype.
My only concern is that I have a pair of Etymotic HF3's that my brain has fallen in love with which may make anything less intimate and detailed unappealing. But if these hit the sweet spot in all the areas I have seen reviewed I suspect they will present a different but equally compelling listen which would be perfect.post #42 of 172112/15/11 at 10:19pmQuote:
HM5 and FA-003 have identical housing as confirmed by what's written inside the cups.post #43 of 172112/15/11 at 11:01pmpost #44 of 172112/16/11 at 4:50am
To be blunt I could care less if they are a re-badge. I like MP4Nation stuff and so long as manufacturers allow their stuff to be sold under different brand names, if it gives a price break to the consumer or at least options then it's all good. It's much preffered to the counterfeit market.post #45 of 172112/16/11 at 6:10am
The most important thing is that they sound good (by good, I just want them to blow me away like Creative Aurvana Live! did when I first put them on). At this price point ($140 retail), I'd expect nothing short of eargasmic near-perfection. These are Brainwavz's flagship for crying out loud!!!
Edited by kingpage - 12/16/11 at 6:12am
- [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 1 minute ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › which audio technica is the warmest and best bass 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Etymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones by Chiek
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2