Someone in the fa-003 thread said the lindys and fa-003 sound exactly the same, no 1 knows about the brainwavez yet but I think they would probley also sound the same.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on 12/18/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyer DT770 Pro 80 vs. Shure SRH 840 vs. Fischer FA-003 Last post on 6/27/12 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ - Page 3post #31 of 168012/15/11 at 4:14pmpost #32 of 168012/15/11 at 4:28pm
One person is as low as you can get for anecdotal evidence. We'll all be waiting for someone to have HM5s measured, perhaps by someone who knows how like Tyll.
I actually have a couple of WM-61A mic capsules that are suitable for measuring headphones's FR, but I don't know how to set up a cheap recording rig that will do a decent job. I don't know the frequency response of my microphone input jacks either. I briefly tried it with RMAA a while back but the results didn't look too great, mostly because I couldn't the distance right or a good "seal".
Edited by kingpage - 12/15/11 at 4:44pmpost #33 of 168012/15/11 at 4:33pmpost #34 of 168012/15/11 at 4:46pmpost #35 of 168012/15/11 at 5:04pmpost #36 of 168012/15/11 at 6:15pm
That dip at 300hz after that bass structure? That's almost certainly the FA-003 driver, alright!
Quote:Originally Posted by JRG1990
Lindy gave the graph for there headphones http://cdn.head-fi.org/d/d6/d6f3bbc9_dc5c5bf3_1947564.png .post #37 of 168012/15/11 at 6:17pmpost #38 of 168012/15/11 at 7:00pmpost #39 of 168012/15/11 at 7:06pm
I don't have my HM5s yet, but I think I like the fact that they include a short and a long cable and they are cheaper than FA-003. As beautiful as HM5s look, I do like FA-003's new design a tad better. In terms of shipping gd-audiobase is a nightmare from what I heard, frogbeat is out of stock on the 003 otherwise its 2-3 day shipping is nice. I have no idea about the Lindy's, they may be easier to obtain if you're in the UK.post #40 of 168012/15/11 at 9:05pmThread Starter
That chart sounds similar to what I hear from the Hm5, but this is not me claiming they are the same as the FA-003. I will never make that claim myself until there is concrete proof. What I will say is that the Hm5 are an incredible value.post #41 of 168012/15/11 at 9:47pm
Well mine are shipped, now I just have to wait and see if they make it here bfore New Years or not. I suspect first week of January at the earliest .
Anyway setting aside the whole re-badge question I do wonder if the velour pads from the FA-003 will fit. If so that might be an interesting option if they can be bought separately.
I hope these live up to the hype. But having reviewed the HM3 which I think are a not bad budget portable (a bit to bassy and V shaped for me but pretty nice sound stage). I do think these will be more than just the hype.
My only concern is that I have a pair of Etymotic HF3's that my brain has fallen in love with which may make anything less intimate and detailed unappealing. But if these hit the sweet spot in all the areas I have seen reviewed I suspect they will present a different but equally compelling listen which would be perfect.post #42 of 168012/15/11 at 10:19pmQuote:
HM5 and FA-003 have identical housing as confirmed by what's written inside the cups.post #43 of 168012/15/11 at 11:01pmpost #44 of 168012/16/11 at 4:50am
To be blunt I could care less if they are a re-badge. I like MP4Nation stuff and so long as manufacturers allow their stuff to be sold under different brand names, if it gives a price break to the consumer or at least options then it's all good. It's much preffered to the counterfeit market.post #45 of 168012/16/11 at 6:10am
The most important thing is that they sound good (by good, I just want them to blow me away like Creative Aurvana Live! did when I first put them on). At this price point ($140 retail), I'd expect nothing short of eargasmic near-perfection. These are Brainwavz's flagship for crying out loud!!!
Edited by kingpage - 12/16/11 at 6:12am
- [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 6 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 6 minutes ago
- › Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads 11 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 12 minutes ago
- › $500 DAC; Shciit Biforst Uber upgrade or Audio-GD NFB 3 12 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › About to buy first pair of IEMs - RHA MA750s 13 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 13 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)