Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ - Page 112

post #1666 of 1680
Quote:

 

That sounds really interesting....has anyone tried them yet?  Please share your impressions?

post #1667 of 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeviney View Post

That sounds really interesting....has anyone tried them yet?  Please share your impressions?

My pair shipped yesterday but it'll take at least a week before I get them.
post #1668 of 1680
post #1669 of 1680

I tried the open mod  long time ago. Imo it did not work. Hm5/digitech is one of the best bang for the buck around but  I don't feel it compares to takstars's offerings so I gave up with them. However hm5 and its copies are great place to start a headphone hobby. Amazing build and accerories. Gotta love them...but for me those have been outranked.

post #1670 of 1680

Thought I'll update this ...painted it matte black to make it more refined shall we say .....also added some electrical tape to the adjustments to make them more secure , the picture makes it look funny  , in real life it looks flush and sharp 

I know this is far fetched but this could quite possibly be the best looking HM5 , I like it more than the 3D-Printed cups that Brainwavz makes , time to enjoy the sound and that automotive paint ;)  

 

 

post #1671 of 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beocord View Post
 

I tried the open mod  long time ago. Imo it did not work. Hm5/digitech is one of the best bang for the buck around but  I don't feel it compares to takstars's offerings so I gave up with them. However hm5 and its copies are great place to start a headphone hobby. Amazing build and accerories. Gotta love them...but for me those have been outranked.

 

I think after the open mod the HM5 kills the 598s in terms of fidelity and neutrality , the 598 may be a touch soft and less grainy but overall the HM5 win for me , they are getting more head time than ever

I like the Takstars , will get those one day !  

post #1672 of 1680

I just got these in. How can $100 cans sound so good? I'm driving them directly from my Macbook as my Aune T1 is dead and I literally didn't expect this.


Edited by reiserFS - 7/14/14 at 11:27am
post #1673 of 1680

if it weren't for the tight grip, i'd love these. As the HD650 headband fits, i'll get that as soon as i have some money spare.

post #1674 of 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdux View Post
 

if it weren't for the tight grip, i'd love these. As the HD650 headband fits, i'll get that as soon as i have some money spare.

 

If you stretch the headband with a few books (OK more than a few), it'll help out the tight grip.  I know I broke out my Chronicles of Narnia collection to break in the headband :p 

post #1675 of 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarti View Post
 

Interesting "upgrade for these headphones.

 

BRAINWAVZ HM5 Clarity Boost - Low Profile - 3D Printed Headphone Cups - Black

 

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-clarity-boost-low-profile-3d-printed-headphone-cups-free-fedex-2-day-to-select-destination

 

I've got the white version. The 3D-printed cups indeed bring out the treble. In fact, it's a tad bright for me. For people who think HM5 is too smooth on the upper range or think there isn't enough energy in high frequencies, it is a good way to change the sound signature. However, because of the resolution of the 3D printer, I don't think it looks very good. And when changed, the cups will make the enclosures hard to swivel.

 

Everyone seems to be praising Soundmagic HP100 and HP200, are they really that much better than stock HM5? They are all sold out as well. I wonder whether HP200 would be an upgrade from my modded HM5.

post #1676 of 1680
So I'm absolutely in love with the hm5 and I think they would look even better with wooden cups. Anybody know of a place I can buy just the wooden cup shells for cheap?
post #1677 of 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpage View Post

I've got the white version. The 3D-printed cups indeed bring out the treble. In fact, it's a tad bright for me. For people who think HM5 is too smooth on the upper range or think there isn't enough energy in high frequencies, it is a good way to change the sound signature. However, because of the resolution of the 3D printer, I don't think it looks very good. And when changed, the cups will make the enclosures hard to swivel.

Everyone seems to be praising Soundmagic HP100 and HP200, are they really that much better than stock HM5? They are all sold out as well. I wonder whether HP200 would be an upgrade from my modded HM5.

Soundmagic HP150 is nice! biggrin.gif



post #1678 of 1680


Very tempting!

They are branded as "Digitech"

Passed by jaycar today to check them out.biggrin.gif
post #1679 of 1680

Damn! One of my cup holders broke today and i hardly did anything except for taking them off my head with one hand. At least the HD600/650 Headband fits so i'll look for one used on the net.

post #1680 of 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdux View Post
 

Damn! One of my cup holders broke today and i hardly did anything except for taking them off my head with one hand. 

And that's why it broke!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ