Certainly looks different but they need to play around with the settings on their 3d printer as the finish looks pretty bad.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on 12/18/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyer DT770 Pro 80 vs. Shure SRH 840 vs. Fischer FA-003 Last post on 6/27/12 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ - Page 111
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1652 of 17384/5/14 at 1:33ampost #1653 of 17384/5/14 at 8:53amQuote:
In my opinion, you don't need a Dac or amp for the HM5. I personally didn't find it improved much. Instead, I chose to save up and put the money towards upgrading my headphones, which I have noticed a significant difference. You can find some great deals on Head-fi and can also trade if you don't like a certain sound signature or want to try something else. My problem now becomes one of diminishing returns--what is the sweet spot for quality and cost?
As for answering on the Modi/Magni, I'll let someone else speak to that as I haven't experienced those personally. I have a ELE DAC EL-002 that I use as a DAC only with a BSG Cmoy 18V with a AD8620 Op amp that has worked great for my Q701's, TDK IE800's, and TDK BA200's. The ELE Dac was about $10 new on Ebay and the BSG Cmoy is fairly inexpensive. The op amp was a little pricier but well worth it, IMO. I wouldn't mind a DAC that can play higher resolution files, but the sound I'm currently getting is very enjoyable and detailed.
I hope this helps a little. Remember, this is just MY opinion and not meant as stand alone.post #1654 of 17385/14/14 at 12:40pm
Can somebody tell me how to open these? I want to get the pads off, but I don't know how to get inside. I've googled it, but all I get is results on how easy they are to take apart, which I believe, but I still don't know how.post #1655 of 17385/14/14 at 1:03pmpost #1656 of 17385/14/14 at 4:52pmpost #1657 of 17385/16/14 at 5:14am
I snipped off the tight-material filters between the drivers and the ears (attached to the pads) and I immediately noticed a much more open, deep sound, of course, I've yet to compare it properly but just initial impressions.post #1658 of 17385/16/14 at 9:00pmpost #1659 of 17385/18/14 at 4:09ampost #1660 of 17385/23/14 at 12:30pm
Has anyone had any experience with both the Brainwavz HM5/NVX XPT100/Fischer Audio FA-003s and the AKG K551s?
I'm looking for a neutral and detailed sealed headphone for mostly acoustic/classical, and with discounts on Amazon in the UK the prices their prices are similar enough for me to consider both. Thanks in advance for any help!post #1661 of 17385/26/14 at 3:05pm
AKG K551 is pretty much same as K550 I suppose.AKG's and HM5 have completely different characters. AKG's are clear and bright HM5 is dark and more romantic. Neither of those are musical headphones... But if you prefer clarity over somehow darker presentation go with AKG's. Both are neutral headphones but both have different means of achieving that neutral tone.post #1662 of 17386/18/14 at 7:06am
I'm trying to find the right pair of headphones for use primarily in the library at my university. I had the GR07 and although I loved the sound I just can't stand wearing IEMs. I like the price of the Takstar pro80 and the HM5 and am considering one of these. The HM5 seems like the better 'phones but im not quite sure I won look completely ridiculous wearing these in public. What do you guys think?post #1663 of 17386/18/14 at 7:24amQuote:
They look HUGE but hey! They sound awesome and who cares about what other say anyways?post #1664 of 17386/19/14 at 6:24am
HM5 pads in velour are now available:post #1665 of 17386/19/14 at 6:42amQuote:Originally Posted by peter123
HM5 pads in velour are now available:
That sounds really interesting....has anyone tried them yet? Please share your impressions?
- [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Three Word Story 22 seconds ago
- › Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling 46 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser RS 165, RS 175, RS 185, RS 195 - Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Is a USB DAC+Amp the solution to very little bass coming from my... 4 minutes ago
- › Intona High Speed USB Isolator 5 minutes ago
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by Jackpot77
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...