Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ - Page 109

post #1621 of 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTechAgent View Post

My friend has the 612 , he really likes them ...... he kinda describes it to be the sweet spot for AKGs having better bass than the 601 but sounds like a better detailed 240 ..... The price is sweeett !! too .....I owned the ma900s but never liked them that much ( could be because of my 650s ) , also I faced a stupid channel problem 

+ I think buying the Brainwavz was one of my best purchase this year 

Honestly after getting the K612, I don't really like the MA900 that much anymore, the K612 is another league so the MA900 sounds rather subpar in comparison. The K612 comes of as AKGs version of the HD 600 to me and is comparable imo, just a bit different.

Actually it's not a Shimian, it's a Samsung that's about 5 years old that I kept because it has unusually good color reproduction for a non-IPS panel, especially for its age. The other monitor is an Acer.
Edited by kman1211 - 11/19/13 at 7:04am
post #1622 of 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman1211 View Post


Honestly after getting the K612, I don't really like the MA900 that much anymore, the K612 is another league so the MA900 sounds rather subpar in comparison. The K612 comes of as AKGs version of the HD 600 to me and is comparable imo, just a bit different.

Actually it's not a Shimian, it's a Samsung that's about 5 years old that I kept because it has unusually good color reproduction for a non-IPS panel, especially for its age. The other monitor is an Acer.

Oh really , my bad just from the bezel I was convinced LOL ... nice , enjoy your 612 hoping to get a AKG soon and be a part of the family :D

post #1623 of 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTechAgent View Post
 

Oh really , my bad just from the bezel I was convinced LOL ... nice , enjoy your 612 hoping to get a AKG soon and be a part of the family :D


Yeah, I do plan on replacing the monitor with an ips panel sometime, just need to make sure it has a fast enough response time for gaming. Thank you. What AKGs are you planning to get?

post #1624 of 1719

any news on weather the 3d cups beat the beech 8 step?

post #1625 of 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman1211 View Post
 


Yeah, I do plan on replacing the monitor with an ips panel sometime, just need to make sure it has a fast enough response time for gaming. Thank you. What AKGs are you planning to get?

I have absolutely no scope of getting one anytime soon ...... but it probably will be the 612 just because of the price and sound , your thoughts on it being a good companion with the 600s has intrigued me so ...... will see how that goes but currently , I'm broke :P

post #1626 of 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTechAgent View Post

I have absolutely no scope of getting one anytime soon ...... but it probably will be the 612 just because of the price and sound , your thoughts on it being a good companion with the 600s has intrigued me so ...... will see how that goes but currently , I'm broke :P
Ah I see. I would suggest the K612 over any AKG even remotely close to its price, I liked it better than the K7xx serie. I did a small review of the K612 verses the MA900. You and me both, I'm broke as well, at least for a few weeks. We have kind of deviated from the forum subject. One thing I am still curious about the HM5 is how it sounds with different ear cups, never had the chance to try it out.
post #1627 of 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman1211 View Post


Ah I see. I would suggest the K612 over any AKG even remotely close to its price, I liked it better than the K7xx serie. I did a small review of the K612 verses the MA900. You and me both, I'm broke as well, at least for a few weeks. We have kind of deviated from the forum subject. One thing I am still curious about the HM5 is how it sounds with different ear cups, never had the chance to try it out.

Hmm IDK I will try to contact them and see if they can send me a review sample , I have a YouTube channel so ....... Will see how that goes 

post #1628 of 1719
So, did anyone try the 3D printed open back version of these yet?
post #1629 of 1719
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

So, did anyone try the 3D printed open back version of these yet?

I would love to!

post #1630 of 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by keanex View Post

I would love to!

Hmm, I'm really curious about them. The open cups are only $39,50. I think I will order them in the beginning of next year......
Edited by peter123 - 12/16/13 at 2:50pm
post #1631 of 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post


Hmm, I'm really curious about them. The open cups are only $39,50. I think I will order them in the beginning of next year......

That will be awesome ......do let us know how that goes !

post #1632 of 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTechAgent View Post

That will be awesome ......do let us know how that goes !

If (when?) I bite the I'll definitely post my impression.
post #1633 of 1719

Guys i realized something, when i take off my earcups and do side by side comparison, i realized that the Left earcup has less bass than the right ear cup? is this normal or do i actually have a faulty unit?

post #1634 of 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaroque View Post
 

Guys i realized something, when i take off my earcups and do side by side comparison, i realized that the Left earcup has less bass than the right ear cup? is this normal or do i actually have a faulty unit?

No that should not be normal ....make sure you are absolutely certain about the difference being superficial 

post #1635 of 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTechAgent View Post
 

No that should not be normal ....make sure you are absolutely certain about the difference being superficial 

Yeah im certain the difference is REALLY APPARENT. My right earpad has the boom in the bass while my left earpad like....erm flat. Dats why i always wonder why some reviewers said the HM5 is slightly to the bass side abit and i myself totally dont feel that way at all hmmm.... issit burning in? Im attempting to burn in my Left earpad with bass songs now hmm

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ