- 63 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: Midwest
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on 12/18/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyer DT770 Pro 80 vs. Shure SRH 840 vs. Fischer FA-003 Last post on 6/27/12 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
“First in last out!” While the above make for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Just some brief notes and impressions since no one else has put one up yet. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight...
After starting to review a few IEM's in the past week I decided to slip these babies back into my ears as a reference point for the other IEM's. After doing so for a few minutes I realized these...
I was looking for an excellent universal IEM with multiple drivers to fit my portable listening needs. Ideally, I would have my beloved LCD-2's in a portable package. I have become addicted to the...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ - Page 107post #1591 of 16719/13/13 at 7:17pmAnyone have any problems with intermittent sound coming from one of the ears? On the right side of my HM5, the sound's cutting out and I'm concerned the jack is loose as the cable is completely inserted. Suggestions? (Not under warranty)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1592 of 16719/13/13 at 7:19pmQuote:
Open them an check the soldering on the wires.post #1593 of 16719/14/13 at 7:25ampost #1594 of 16719/15/13 at 1:41ampost #1595 of 16719/15/13 at 6:04ampost #1596 of 16719/15/13 at 6:43amQuote:
Thanks!! But if it's not enough maybe I could buy an Asus xonar DG to make it a bit better.
Enviado desde mi Mlais MX58 Pro usando Tapatalk 4post #1597 of 16719/15/13 at 10:40amQuote:
75$ is the price for the Jaycar's new from Australia...post #1598 of 167110/16/13 at 5:12pm
Are there any solderable after market plugs, that snap into the cans? I want to self assemble a cable with a microphone. Somewhere in this thread (or maybe the fa-003 iirc) there was a sketch of the dimensions of the plug, can't find it right now, but I can measure that myself in a week or two. All previous comments about plugs were just about plugs that fit mechanically but not snap in. Has anything changed and someone found a working plug?
If there are no solderable plugs on the market, has anyone experience with modifying a plug on a lathe (? this rotating cutting tool) to fit the headphones? Or maybe guesses what plugs would be good to drill(/lathe/cut no a native speaker sorry) you could recommend? Do the cables need to have a flexible pit(/dent/nut?) or can it be a metal one?post #1599 of 167111/7/13 at 12:35pm
be careful to not overstretch these phones when widening over a row of books.I nearly snapped my headband but i guess i was lucky. Ihad stretched them to maximum and realised that was a bit too far. Nearly 100$ in the bin:)post #1600 of 167111/8/13 at 11:14pmpost #1601 of 167111/9/13 at 10:08am
Hello guys! Im a new owner of HM5 too! This is my first time investing in a Neutral headphone..but i'm really suprised by the lack of Bass i am actually hearing from this thing? Its not like I'm a basshead haha i own hm3 previously...and hm3's bass just owns this one hands down..is there something wrong with my unit? Or this is just how Neutral is supposed to be ya? My seller asks me to add an AMP for it instead....post #1602 of 167111/9/13 at 2:34pmpost #1603 of 167111/9/13 at 2:58pm
Hello, Sir! Thank you for the review!
I'm kindly asking you to answer the question:
Is the headphone really ABSOLUTELY comfortable? I just could not find the comfort section in the review.
Aren't they warm? If they are not, i understood they are closed. How fully closed headset can be not too warm regarding leather pads???
I suppose only cloth/velour pads may have the balance between overheating and isolation, because they "breathe"post #1604 of 167111/9/13 at 2:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jaroque
Hello guys! Im a new owner of HM5 too! This is my first time investing in a Neutral headphone..but i'm really suprised by the lack of Bass i am actually hearing from this thing? Its not like I'm a basshead haha i own hm3 previously...and hm3's bass just owns this one hands down..is there something wrong with my unit? Or this is just how Neutral is supposed to be ya? My seller asks me to add an AMP for it instead....
Do not trust sellers. You don't need amp unless it's more than 32 ohm with a very_extra_basic soundcard. I suppose your previous headphones were more bass-oriented.
Edited by MygpuK - 11/9/13 at 3:02pm
- [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Schiit we'd like to see 1 minute ago
- › New Oppo BDP-103 & 105 previewed at Cedia 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › PM-1 vs HE-6 ..... 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Appreciation Club ( Sennheiser HD 650 for $45?) 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 2 minutes ago
- › FS: FiiO E12 Amplifier (Excellent Condition) 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 3 minutes ago
- › whats so good about beats headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)