- 77 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: Midwest
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on 12/18/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyer DT770 Pro 80 vs. Shure SRH 840 vs. Fischer FA-003 Last post on 6/27/12 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ - Page 107post #1591 of 16809/13/13 at 7:17pmAnyone have any problems with intermittent sound coming from one of the ears? On the right side of my HM5, the sound's cutting out and I'm concerned the jack is loose as the cable is completely inserted. Suggestions? (Not under warranty)post #1592 of 16809/13/13 at 7:19pmQuote:
Open them an check the soldering on the wires.post #1593 of 16809/14/13 at 7:25ampost #1594 of 16809/15/13 at 1:41ampost #1595 of 16809/15/13 at 6:04ampost #1596 of 16809/15/13 at 6:43amQuote:
Thanks!! But if it's not enough maybe I could buy an Asus xonar DG to make it a bit better.
Enviado desde mi Mlais MX58 Pro usando Tapatalk 4post #1597 of 16809/15/13 at 10:40amQuote:
75$ is the price for the Jaycar's new from Australia...post #1598 of 168010/16/13 at 5:12pm
Are there any solderable after market plugs, that snap into the cans? I want to self assemble a cable with a microphone. Somewhere in this thread (or maybe the fa-003 iirc) there was a sketch of the dimensions of the plug, can't find it right now, but I can measure that myself in a week or two. All previous comments about plugs were just about plugs that fit mechanically but not snap in. Has anything changed and someone found a working plug?
If there are no solderable plugs on the market, has anyone experience with modifying a plug on a lathe (? this rotating cutting tool) to fit the headphones? Or maybe guesses what plugs would be good to drill(/lathe/cut no a native speaker sorry) you could recommend? Do the cables need to have a flexible pit(/dent/nut?) or can it be a metal one?post #1599 of 168011/7/13 at 12:35pm
be careful to not overstretch these phones when widening over a row of books.I nearly snapped my headband but i guess i was lucky. Ihad stretched them to maximum and realised that was a bit too far. Nearly 100$ in the bin:)post #1600 of 168011/8/13 at 11:14pmpost #1601 of 168011/9/13 at 10:08am
Hello guys! Im a new owner of HM5 too! This is my first time investing in a Neutral headphone..but i'm really suprised by the lack of Bass i am actually hearing from this thing? Its not like I'm a basshead haha i own hm3 previously...and hm3's bass just owns this one hands down..is there something wrong with my unit? Or this is just how Neutral is supposed to be ya? My seller asks me to add an AMP for it instead....post #1602 of 168011/9/13 at 2:34pmpost #1603 of 168011/9/13 at 2:58pm
Hello, Sir! Thank you for the review!
I'm kindly asking you to answer the question:
Is the headphone really ABSOLUTELY comfortable? I just could not find the comfort section in the review.
Aren't they warm? If they are not, i understood they are closed. How fully closed headset can be not too warm regarding leather pads???
I suppose only cloth/velour pads may have the balance between overheating and isolation, because they "breathe"post #1604 of 168011/9/13 at 2:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jaroque
Hello guys! Im a new owner of HM5 too! This is my first time investing in a Neutral headphone..but i'm really suprised by the lack of Bass i am actually hearing from this thing? Its not like I'm a basshead haha i own hm3 previously...and hm3's bass just owns this one hands down..is there something wrong with my unit? Or this is just how Neutral is supposed to be ya? My seller asks me to add an AMP for it instead....
Do not trust sellers. You don't need amp unless it's more than 32 ohm with a very_extra_basic soundcard. I suppose your previous headphones were more bass-oriented.
Edited by MygpuK - 11/9/13 at 3:02pm
- [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Group Buy for full ATX Linear PSU from Teradak 26 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › WyWires Red Headphone Cable 2 minutes ago
- › (help) Portable set up for near $1000 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Bel Canto DAC3 3 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for decent Earbuds 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)