- 64 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: Midwest
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on 12/18/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyer DT770 Pro 80 vs. Shure SRH 840 vs. Fischer FA-003 Last post on 6/27/12 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Just some background stuff before the review...this is the second source i have owned dedicated to music (i.e not listening to music off my iphone) so i don't have much experience with high end...
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ - Page 107post #1591 of 16759/13/13 at 7:17pmAnyone have any problems with intermittent sound coming from one of the ears? On the right side of my HM5, the sound's cutting out and I'm concerned the jack is loose as the cable is completely inserted. Suggestions? (Not under warranty)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1592 of 16759/13/13 at 7:19pmQuote:
Open them an check the soldering on the wires.post #1593 of 16759/14/13 at 7:25ampost #1594 of 16759/15/13 at 1:41ampost #1595 of 16759/15/13 at 6:04ampost #1596 of 16759/15/13 at 6:43amQuote:
Thanks!! But if it's not enough maybe I could buy an Asus xonar DG to make it a bit better.
Enviado desde mi Mlais MX58 Pro usando Tapatalk 4post #1597 of 16759/15/13 at 10:40amQuote:
75$ is the price for the Jaycar's new from Australia...post #1598 of 167510/16/13 at 5:12pm
Are there any solderable after market plugs, that snap into the cans? I want to self assemble a cable with a microphone. Somewhere in this thread (or maybe the fa-003 iirc) there was a sketch of the dimensions of the plug, can't find it right now, but I can measure that myself in a week or two. All previous comments about plugs were just about plugs that fit mechanically but not snap in. Has anything changed and someone found a working plug?
If there are no solderable plugs on the market, has anyone experience with modifying a plug on a lathe (? this rotating cutting tool) to fit the headphones? Or maybe guesses what plugs would be good to drill(/lathe/cut no a native speaker sorry) you could recommend? Do the cables need to have a flexible pit(/dent/nut?) or can it be a metal one?post #1599 of 167511/7/13 at 12:35pm
be careful to not overstretch these phones when widening over a row of books.I nearly snapped my headband but i guess i was lucky. Ihad stretched them to maximum and realised that was a bit too far. Nearly 100$ in the bin:)post #1600 of 167511/8/13 at 11:14pmpost #1601 of 167511/9/13 at 10:08am
Hello guys! Im a new owner of HM5 too! This is my first time investing in a Neutral headphone..but i'm really suprised by the lack of Bass i am actually hearing from this thing? Its not like I'm a basshead haha i own hm3 previously...and hm3's bass just owns this one hands down..is there something wrong with my unit? Or this is just how Neutral is supposed to be ya? My seller asks me to add an AMP for it instead....post #1602 of 167511/9/13 at 2:34pmpost #1603 of 167511/9/13 at 2:58pm
Hello, Sir! Thank you for the review!
I'm kindly asking you to answer the question:
Is the headphone really ABSOLUTELY comfortable? I just could not find the comfort section in the review.
Aren't they warm? If they are not, i understood they are closed. How fully closed headset can be not too warm regarding leather pads???
I suppose only cloth/velour pads may have the balance between overheating and isolation, because they "breathe"post #1604 of 167511/9/13 at 2:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jaroque
Hello guys! Im a new owner of HM5 too! This is my first time investing in a Neutral headphone..but i'm really suprised by the lack of Bass i am actually hearing from this thing? Its not like I'm a basshead haha i own hm3 previously...and hm3's bass just owns this one hands down..is there something wrong with my unit? Or this is just how Neutral is supposed to be ya? My seller asks me to add an AMP for it instead....
Do not trust sellers. You don't need amp unless it's more than 32 ohm with a very_extra_basic soundcard. I suppose your previous headphones were more bass-oriented.
Edited by MygpuK - 11/9/13 at 3:02pm
- [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Philips SHE3580/3590 vs Monoprice 8320/9927 vs SoundMagic E10 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso PB-2 (2.5W Headphone Amplifier) 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Is a lossy-lossy conversion process really that degrading in terms... 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 6 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 7 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 7 minutes ago
- › Grado SR125/i/e Appreciation / Impressions Thread!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)