- 23 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on Yesterday at 11:04 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyer DT770 Pro 80 vs. Shure SRH 840 vs. Fischer FA-003 Last post on 6/27/12 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ - Page 107post #1591 of 16339/13/13 at 7:17pmAnyone have any problems with intermittent sound coming from one of the ears? On the right side of my HM5, the sound's cutting out and I'm concerned the jack is loose as the cable is completely inserted. Suggestions? (Not under warranty)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1592 of 16339/13/13 at 7:19pmQuote:
Open them an check the soldering on the wires.post #1593 of 16339/14/13 at 7:25ampost #1594 of 16339/15/13 at 1:41ampost #1595 of 16339/15/13 at 6:04ampost #1596 of 16339/15/13 at 6:43amQuote:
Thanks!! But if it's not enough maybe I could buy an Asus xonar DG to make it a bit better.
Enviado desde mi Mlais MX58 Pro usando Tapatalk 4post #1597 of 16339/15/13 at 10:40amQuote:
75$ is the price for the Jaycar's new from Australia...post #1598 of 163310/16/13 at 5:12pm
Are there any solderable after market plugs, that snap into the cans? I want to self assemble a cable with a microphone. Somewhere in this thread (or maybe the fa-003 iirc) there was a sketch of the dimensions of the plug, can't find it right now, but I can measure that myself in a week or two. All previous comments about plugs were just about plugs that fit mechanically but not snap in. Has anything changed and someone found a working plug?
If there are no solderable plugs on the market, has anyone experience with modifying a plug on a lathe (? this rotating cutting tool) to fit the headphones? Or maybe guesses what plugs would be good to drill(/lathe/cut no a native speaker sorry) you could recommend? Do the cables need to have a flexible pit(/dent/nut?) or can it be a metal one?post #1599 of 163311/7/13 at 12:35pm
be careful to not overstretch these phones when widening over a row of books.I nearly snapped my headband but i guess i was lucky. Ihad stretched them to maximum and realised that was a bit too far. Nearly 100$ in the bin:)post #1600 of 163311/8/13 at 11:14pmpost #1601 of 163311/9/13 at 10:08am
Hello guys! Im a new owner of HM5 too! This is my first time investing in a Neutral headphone..but i'm really suprised by the lack of Bass i am actually hearing from this thing? Its not like I'm a basshead haha i own hm3 previously...and hm3's bass just owns this one hands down..is there something wrong with my unit? Or this is just how Neutral is supposed to be ya? My seller asks me to add an AMP for it instead....post #1602 of 163311/9/13 at 2:34pmpost #1603 of 163311/9/13 at 2:58pm
Hello, Sir! Thank you for the review!
I'm kindly asking you to answer the question:
Is the headphone really ABSOLUTELY comfortable? I just could not find the comfort section in the review.
Aren't they warm? If they are not, i understood they are closed. How fully closed headset can be not too warm regarding leather pads???
I suppose only cloth/velour pads may have the balance between overheating and isolation, because they "breathe"post #1604 of 163311/9/13 at 2:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jaroque
Hello guys! Im a new owner of HM5 too! This is my first time investing in a Neutral headphone..but i'm really suprised by the lack of Bass i am actually hearing from this thing? Its not like I'm a basshead haha i own hm3 previously...and hm3's bass just owns this one hands down..is there something wrong with my unit? Or this is just how Neutral is supposed to be ya? My seller asks me to add an AMP for it instead....
Do not trust sellers. You don't need amp unless it's more than 32 ohm with a very_extra_basic soundcard. I suppose your previous headphones were more bass-oriented.
Edited by MygpuK - 11/9/13 at 3:02pm
- [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Headphones with deep bass, but clear mids and highs? 9 seconds ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 or Grado Rs1i for rock/metal? 4 minutes ago
- › The best headphones in terms of dynamics 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Headphones you regretted buying the most 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: June 28th, 2013) 5 minutes ago
- › worst date stories 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe