Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ - Page 104

post #1546 of 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaPhoenix View Post

Is the 75$ for both cup?

I think he said you had to add the shipping to that but yes, 75$+20$, as an orientation.
post #1547 of 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashade View Post

Brainwavz HM5 for sale in mp4nation now:

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-earphones/brainwavz-hm5-studio-monitor-headphones

Still on sale, I'm taking advantage of this right now!!!

Good job I got like 400 points saved up on MP4Nation as well, time to use them! biggrin.gif

EDIT: Bought for $86! Wow what a value

That deal was meant to end yesterday too lol
Edited by Lifted Andreas - 5/9/13 at 9:06am
post #1548 of 1680
The price of HM5s has gone back up to $139. redface.gif

So glad I ordered them last week Thursday. biggrin.gif

Btw does anyone use these as portables?
post #1549 of 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaPhoenix View Post

Is the 75$ for both cup?

yes for both cups :) I have not checked on shipping since I have not ship any to the state side but +20 should be around there, however if you are interested you can always pm me.. 

post #1550 of 1680
Recieved the amazing value headphones today from Mr FedEx man!



I love that Brainwavz never skip on accessories. biggrin.gif
post #1551 of 1680

Yup, I find it so funny when everyone says that "they're so big" or "they're so ugly" or "they're only £75, how can they be in the top 50"

post #1552 of 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek View Post

Recieved the amazing value headphones today from Mr FedEx man!



I love that Brainwavz never skip on accessories. biggrin.gif

Not sure if I prefer this case or the foam one I had.  Why the red color I wonder 

Looks portable which is a plus, the larger foam case was another bag to strap on.

post #1553 of 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazen View Post

Not sure if I prefer this case or the foam one I had.  Why the red color I wonder 

Looks portable which is a plus, the larger foam case was another bag to strap on.

 

They have been doing the red hard cases for over a year now as far as I know. smile.gif

post #1554 of 1680

I din't get one, where can you get them from? (just the case)

post #1555 of 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by headphone man07 View Post

I din't get one, where can you get them from? (just the case)

Strange, pretty positive that they are supplied with HM5s as standard.

You can have a look on http://mp4nation.net and see if they sell them separately.
post #1556 of 1680

I've got to say that I love the foam case (looks more audiophile and it's really funny telling my friends it's portable) however there are times when it's just impractical.Didn't see it on mp4nation but I found something similar here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slappa-Large-HardBody-Headphone-case/dp/B009NE7B06/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368727418&sr=8-2&keywords=slappa+hardbody+case also saw an add for this whilst  was on mp4 nation: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brainwavz-Peridot-Headphone-Stand-Suitable/dp/B00AE0IEHM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368727933&sr=1-1&keywords=peridot+headphone+stand


Edited by headphone man07 - 5/16/13 at 11:14am
post #1557 of 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by headphone man07 View Post

I've got to say that I love the foam case (looks more audiophile and it's really funny telling my friends it's portable) however there are times when it's just impractical.Didn't see it on mp4nation but I found something similar here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slappa-Large-HardBody-Headphone-case/dp/B009NE7B06/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368727418&sr=8-2&keywords=slappa+hardbody+case also saw an add for this whilst  was on mp4 nation: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brainwavz-Peridot-Headphone-Stand-Suitable/dp/B00AE0IEHM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368727933&sr=1-1&keywords=peridot+headphone+stand

 

Why dont you write them an email and ask why you didint get a case with your HM5s?

post #1558 of 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by headphone man07 View Postve got to say that I love the foam case (looks more audiophile and it's really funny telling my friends it's portable) however there are times when it's just impractical.Didn't see it on mp4nation but I found something similar here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slappa-Large-HardBody-Headphone-case/dp/B009NE7B06/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368727418&sr=8-2&keywords=slappa+hardbody+case also saw an add for this whilst  was on mp4 nation: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brainwavz-Peridot-Headphone-Stand-Suitable/dp/B00AE0IEHM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368727933&sr=1-1&keywords=peridot+headphone+stand

 

I got the slappa one. It's pretty big. Probably excessively.


Edited by Ashade - 5/16/13 at 2:09pm
post #1559 of 1680

Got my Digitech pro monitors from Jaycar over a week ago. Took about 10 days from Australia to east coast USA. Not bad. Physically a nice product for $50 - good finish, a bit snug but comfortable. Have burned them in for some 60 hours or so with improvement obvious.

 

My regular phones are Beyer DT250-250, and I just don't see these Jaycar units ever matching let alone exceeding them, not with 5 times the burn-in and whatever any tweaks can provide. I listen mostly to classical, jazz, and world music, and maybe that's part of the issue - that the Jaycars are just not the bomb for these genres. Maybe if I were younger and less concerned with preserving my hearing they might be great for blasting metal, rock, or electronica. Maybe.

 

If I EQ them significantly, mainly carving out a 6dB U-shaped curve centered on 1K, they begin to approach the neutrality of the Beyers, but there are other failings. There's an unnatural glare through the mids on higher-level signal that's pretty unpleasant. The bass also fails the comparison; less control. I love the Beyer bass, it's present but never excessive. 

 

More importantly they fall a long way short of the relaxed, musical naturalness of the Beyers that make it possible to listen for hour after hour. This coupled with the excellent comfort of the Beyer velour pads and perfect pressure, with light weight. The Jaycars are more isolating, and they do give an impression of depth and separation that's sometimes nice and other times weird. 

 

I WANT to like them, and will continue to let them burn in, hoping against hope that they'll still improve, but they're got too far to go, I fear.

post #1560 of 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek View Post

 

Why dont you write them an email and ask why you didint get a case with your HM5s?

a) I have a foam case

b) They're the Lindy's

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ