I am pretty sure you won't be disappointed! Just remember to leave it 24h or more with some books in between to reduce the clamping force. After the first week of use, these will become very very comfortable. You can take advantage of it and maybe burn them in, that's up to you.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on 12/18/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyer DT770 Pro 80 vs. Shure SRH 840 vs. Fischer FA-003 Last post on 6/27/12 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ - Page 98post #1456 of 17003/26/13 at 7:31pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1457 of 17003/27/13 at 4:43am
I received them last night at 6:56pm GMT!!! not allowed to use it until tomorrow though but they definitely came through with a sansa clip+ black can't wait!!! a word of advice please though, what should I use for burn in, could I use raw frequencies?post #1458 of 17003/31/13 at 10:14am
been listening to them for the past few days and they are AMAZING, however, sometimes voices can seem ever so slightly grainy, also, the case is a bit of a menace to put in my bag but otherwise. as I just said AMAZING
Edited by headphone man07 - 3/31/13 at 10:15ampost #1459 of 17003/31/13 at 10:35amQuote:
Do the poly fill and electric tape mod to tighten up the soundpost #1460 of 17003/31/13 at 11:04ampost #1461 of 17003/31/13 at 1:45pmpost #1462 of 17003/31/13 at 1:47pmQuote:
As somebody said in other thread, these have kind of a "cavernous" sound with the voices... It completely disappears with the mod. The mod is highly recommendable, they become a little bit more neutral and natural sounding.
Edited by Ashade - 3/31/13 at 1:49pmpost #1463 of 17004/1/13 at 10:52ampost #1464 of 17004/1/13 at 10:42pmQuote:
I think I heard that during the burning in. You can try leaving it during a couple of nights playing music. After the mod and the burning in it sounds... Awesome!!! It may be the quality of the songs as well.
Please, tell me back in a couple of weeks to let me know if i´m wrong or not.post #1465 of 17004/6/13 at 11:15amQuote:Originally Posted by mp29k
I would also like to know where you got your wood cups, and am interested where you secured the Canare cable for the HM5. As these have been broken in, I really like the sound, just wish the mid would be a little more forward. I think I am going to get an JDS Labs C421 (OPA 2227 version) to correct that, but any amount I can squeeze out of these is welcome.
Interested to hear more about your re-cable, and where you got the wood cups separately.
this is a very late reply, however the wood cups is made by a friend of mine who happens to work in workshop that has CNC milling machines. the canare cables are custom made by somebody else in my city. I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. the wood cups cost about 70-75 dollars to make. the cable cost around 40-50 dollars.. if i remember correctly...
hope that helps. :Dpost #1466 of 17004/7/13 at 4:00am
Ashade, I know it's a bit late but I noticed you also have managed to get your hands on a pair of these lovely headphones, did you go for the fischer, lindy or brainwavz? I had to go for lindy as they were the only ones stocked on amazon at the timepost #1467 of 17004/7/13 at 10:11amI went with the Jaycar because they were 75$ including shipping. They came with the zipped bag, the long cable and a spare pair of pads. I'm pretty happy with this buy. Amazing value for the headphones. How is the invoicing of the Lindy? Do you like them? Have you done the mod?post #1468 of 17004/7/13 at 10:39ampost #1469 of 17004/7/13 at 11:01am
They send them from Australia (yes... they do. XD)
I got them with no problem in like one to two weeks.
Edited by Ashade - 4/7/13 at 11:02ampost #1470 of 17004/7/13 at 12:27pm
The Lindy's are spare pads, cable and bag, pretty much the same as Jaycar, although I could have bought the Jaycars for nearly half the price I thought the pricing looked a little dodgy so I went with my instincts. I haven't done the mod, not brave enough yet, tested with other tracks and the grainy vocals were just Gotye, and they were all 100 or at least 99.99% quality so I don't know what's up with those, maybe it's something up with the guys microphone, or I could have scratched the cd. I checked the right cup to see if there was anything wrong with the speaker (it seemed more prominent with the right one) no cracks or any scrunching. Tested other tracks and what do you know, no grainy vocals.
- [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 22 seconds ago
- › Audeze Robbed of LCD Series Headphones 25 seconds ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 44 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 56 seconds ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › News can and a proper "source" 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2