I received them last night at 6:56pm GMT!!! not allowed to use it until tomorrow though but they definitely came through with a sansa clip+ black can't wait!!! a word of advice please though, what should I use for burn in, could I use raw frequencies?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on 12/18/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyer DT770 Pro 80 vs. Shure SRH 840 vs. Fischer FA-003 Last post on 6/27/12 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My preferred sound signature: A bit bass heavy, forward mids, and neutral treble. Love high detailed and clear sound. *All critical listening is done using a Chord Mojo* In almost every...
Introduction Meze 99 Neo – The new classic headphone from Meze. Meze 99 Neo is the new headphone, or rather a headphone with a twist from the Romanian headphone producer Meze....
The AKG K550 revisited. At the time, shortly after I bought my Audio Technica A900Xs I had auditioned the AKG's and I felt my choice for the A900Xs was the right one. I felt the K550s had this...
I have got these recently and I am very happy with my purchase. Denon has not failed me so far and I have used few of their products. I think somebody in Denon knows that the high quality will make...
Edifier K180 Communicator Earbud In many ways the Edifier H180 is a classic. As of 2017, they have been around for four years, earning a nice reputation at Head-Fi. The slightly different K180...
[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ - Page 98post #1456 of 17403/27/13 at 4:43am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1457 of 17403/31/13 at 10:14am
been listening to them for the past few days and they are AMAZING, however, sometimes voices can seem ever so slightly grainy, also, the case is a bit of a menace to put in my bag but otherwise. as I just said AMAZING
Edited by headphone man07 - 3/31/13 at 10:15ampost #1458 of 17403/31/13 at 10:35amQuote:
Do the poly fill and electric tape mod to tighten up the soundpost #1459 of 17403/31/13 at 11:04ampost #1460 of 17403/31/13 at 1:45pmpost #1461 of 17403/31/13 at 1:47pmQuote:
As somebody said in other thread, these have kind of a "cavernous" sound with the voices... It completely disappears with the mod. The mod is highly recommendable, they become a little bit more neutral and natural sounding.
Edited by Ashade - 3/31/13 at 1:49pmpost #1462 of 17404/1/13 at 10:52ampost #1463 of 17404/1/13 at 10:42pmQuote:
I think I heard that during the burning in. You can try leaving it during a couple of nights playing music. After the mod and the burning in it sounds... Awesome!!! It may be the quality of the songs as well.
Please, tell me back in a couple of weeks to let me know if i´m wrong or not.post #1464 of 17404/6/13 at 11:15amQuote:Originally Posted by mp29k
I would also like to know where you got your wood cups, and am interested where you secured the Canare cable for the HM5. As these have been broken in, I really like the sound, just wish the mid would be a little more forward. I think I am going to get an JDS Labs C421 (OPA 2227 version) to correct that, but any amount I can squeeze out of these is welcome.
Interested to hear more about your re-cable, and where you got the wood cups separately.
this is a very late reply, however the wood cups is made by a friend of mine who happens to work in workshop that has CNC milling machines. the canare cables are custom made by somebody else in my city. I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. the wood cups cost about 70-75 dollars to make. the cable cost around 40-50 dollars.. if i remember correctly...
hope that helps. :Dpost #1465 of 17404/7/13 at 4:00am
Ashade, I know it's a bit late but I noticed you also have managed to get your hands on a pair of these lovely headphones, did you go for the fischer, lindy or brainwavz? I had to go for lindy as they were the only ones stocked on amazon at the timepost #1466 of 17404/7/13 at 10:11amI went with the Jaycar because they were 75$ including shipping. They came with the zipped bag, the long cable and a spare pair of pads. I'm pretty happy with this buy. Amazing value for the headphones. How is the invoicing of the Lindy? Do you like them? Have you done the mod?post #1467 of 17404/7/13 at 10:39ampost #1468 of 17404/7/13 at 11:01am
They send them from Australia (yes... they do. XD)
I got them with no problem in like one to two weeks.
Edited by Ashade - 4/7/13 at 11:02ampost #1469 of 17404/7/13 at 12:27pm
The Lindy's are spare pads, cable and bag, pretty much the same as Jaycar, although I could have bought the Jaycars for nearly half the price I thought the pricing looked a little dodgy so I went with my instincts. I haven't done the mod, not brave enough yet, tested with other tracks and the grainy vocals were just Gotye, and they were all 100 or at least 99.99% quality so I don't know what's up with those, maybe it's something up with the guys microphone, or I could have scratched the cd. I checked the right cup to see if there was anything wrong with the speaker (it seemed more prominent with the right one) no cracks or any scrunching. Tested other tracks and what do you know, no grainy vocals.
- [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/Blue/MISC Thread 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Comparison of 5 High End Digital Music Servers - Aurender... 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 4 minutes ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › Meze 99 Neo by Dobrescu George
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Mrobo C5 2.0 by crabdog
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ObjectVoice
- › Archeer AH07 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Over Ear... by genclaymore
- › Wired Earphones, Mixcder X5 In-Ear Earbud Headphones Metal Housing... by slowpickr
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear