I am pretty sure you won't be disappointed! Just remember to leave it 24h or more with some books in between to reduce the clamping force. After the first week of use, these will become very very comfortable. You can take advantage of it and maybe burn them in, that's up to you.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on 12/18/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyer DT770 Pro 80 vs. Shure SRH 840 vs. Fischer FA-003 Last post on 6/27/12 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ - Page 98post #1456 of 16803/26/13 at 7:31pmpost #1457 of 16803/27/13 at 4:43am
I received them last night at 6:56pm GMT!!! not allowed to use it until tomorrow though but they definitely came through with a sansa clip+ black can't wait!!! a word of advice please though, what should I use for burn in, could I use raw frequencies?post #1458 of 16803/31/13 at 10:14am
been listening to them for the past few days and they are AMAZING, however, sometimes voices can seem ever so slightly grainy, also, the case is a bit of a menace to put in my bag but otherwise. as I just said AMAZING
Edited by headphone man07 - 3/31/13 at 10:15ampost #1459 of 16803/31/13 at 10:35amQuote:
Do the poly fill and electric tape mod to tighten up the soundpost #1460 of 16803/31/13 at 11:04ampost #1461 of 16803/31/13 at 1:45pmpost #1462 of 16803/31/13 at 1:47pmQuote:
As somebody said in other thread, these have kind of a "cavernous" sound with the voices... It completely disappears with the mod. The mod is highly recommendable, they become a little bit more neutral and natural sounding.
Edited by Ashade - 3/31/13 at 1:49pmpost #1463 of 16804/1/13 at 10:52ampost #1464 of 16804/1/13 at 10:42pmQuote:
I think I heard that during the burning in. You can try leaving it during a couple of nights playing music. After the mod and the burning in it sounds... Awesome!!! It may be the quality of the songs as well.
Please, tell me back in a couple of weeks to let me know if i´m wrong or not.post #1465 of 16804/6/13 at 11:15amQuote:Originally Posted by mp29k
I would also like to know where you got your wood cups, and am interested where you secured the Canare cable for the HM5. As these have been broken in, I really like the sound, just wish the mid would be a little more forward. I think I am going to get an JDS Labs C421 (OPA 2227 version) to correct that, but any amount I can squeeze out of these is welcome.
Interested to hear more about your re-cable, and where you got the wood cups separately.
this is a very late reply, however the wood cups is made by a friend of mine who happens to work in workshop that has CNC milling machines. the canare cables are custom made by somebody else in my city. I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. the wood cups cost about 70-75 dollars to make. the cable cost around 40-50 dollars.. if i remember correctly...
hope that helps. :Dpost #1466 of 16804/7/13 at 4:00am
Ashade, I know it's a bit late but I noticed you also have managed to get your hands on a pair of these lovely headphones, did you go for the fischer, lindy or brainwavz? I had to go for lindy as they were the only ones stocked on amazon at the timepost #1467 of 16804/7/13 at 10:11amI went with the Jaycar because they were 75$ including shipping. They came with the zipped bag, the long cable and a spare pair of pads. I'm pretty happy with this buy. Amazing value for the headphones. How is the invoicing of the Lindy? Do you like them? Have you done the mod?post #1468 of 16804/7/13 at 10:39ampost #1469 of 16804/7/13 at 11:01am
They send them from Australia (yes... they do. XD)
I got them with no problem in like one to two weeks.
Edited by Ashade - 4/7/13 at 11:02ampost #1470 of 16804/7/13 at 12:27pm
The Lindy's are spare pads, cable and bag, pretty much the same as Jaycar, although I could have bought the Jaycars for nearly half the price I thought the pricing looked a little dodgy so I went with my instincts. I haven't done the mod, not brave enough yet, tested with other tracks and the grainy vocals were just Gotye, and they were all 100 or at least 99.99% quality so I don't know what's up with those, maybe it's something up with the guys microphone, or I could have scratched the cd. I checked the right cup to see if there was anything wrong with the speaker (it seemed more prominent with the right one) no cracks or any scrunching. Tested other tracks and what do you know, no grainy vocals.
- [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 10 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › worst date stories 1 minute ago
- › Car Cassette Deck adaptors...? 1 minute ago
- › Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones 2 minutes ago
- › double post, please delete 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 4 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)