I am pretty sure you won't be disappointed! Just remember to leave it 24h or more with some books in between to reduce the clamping force. After the first week of use, these will become very very comfortable. You can take advantage of it and maybe burn them in, that's up to you.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on 11/17/13 at 11:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyer DT770 Pro 80 vs. Shure SRH 840 vs. Fischer FA-003 Last post on 6/27/12 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ - Page 98post #1456 of 16283/26/13 at 7:31pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1457 of 16283/27/13 at 4:43am
I received them last night at 6:56pm GMT!!! not allowed to use it until tomorrow though but they definitely came through with a sansa clip+ black can't wait!!! a word of advice please though, what should I use for burn in, could I use raw frequencies?post #1458 of 16283/31/13 at 10:14am
been listening to them for the past few days and they are AMAZING, however, sometimes voices can seem ever so slightly grainy, also, the case is a bit of a menace to put in my bag but otherwise. as I just said AMAZING
Edited by headphone man07 - 3/31/13 at 10:15ampost #1459 of 16283/31/13 at 10:35amQuote:
Do the poly fill and electric tape mod to tighten up the soundpost #1460 of 16283/31/13 at 11:04ampost #1461 of 16283/31/13 at 1:45pmpost #1462 of 16283/31/13 at 1:47pmQuote:
As somebody said in other thread, these have kind of a "cavernous" sound with the voices... It completely disappears with the mod. The mod is highly recommendable, they become a little bit more neutral and natural sounding.
Edited by Ashade - 3/31/13 at 1:49pmpost #1463 of 16284/1/13 at 10:52ampost #1464 of 16284/1/13 at 10:42pmQuote:
I think I heard that during the burning in. You can try leaving it during a couple of nights playing music. After the mod and the burning in it sounds... Awesome!!! It may be the quality of the songs as well.
Please, tell me back in a couple of weeks to let me know if i´m wrong or not.post #1465 of 16284/6/13 at 11:15amQuote:Originally Posted by mp29k
I would also like to know where you got your wood cups, and am interested where you secured the Canare cable for the HM5. As these have been broken in, I really like the sound, just wish the mid would be a little more forward. I think I am going to get an JDS Labs C421 (OPA 2227 version) to correct that, but any amount I can squeeze out of these is welcome.
Interested to hear more about your re-cable, and where you got the wood cups separately.
this is a very late reply, however the wood cups is made by a friend of mine who happens to work in workshop that has CNC milling machines. the canare cables are custom made by somebody else in my city. I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. the wood cups cost about 70-75 dollars to make. the cable cost around 40-50 dollars.. if i remember correctly...
hope that helps. :Dpost #1466 of 16284/7/13 at 4:00am
Ashade, I know it's a bit late but I noticed you also have managed to get your hands on a pair of these lovely headphones, did you go for the fischer, lindy or brainwavz? I had to go for lindy as they were the only ones stocked on amazon at the timepost #1467 of 16284/7/13 at 10:11amI went with the Jaycar because they were 75$ including shipping. They came with the zipped bag, the long cable and a spare pair of pads. I'm pretty happy with this buy. Amazing value for the headphones. How is the invoicing of the Lindy? Do you like them? Have you done the mod?post #1468 of 16284/7/13 at 10:39ampost #1469 of 16284/7/13 at 11:01am
They send them from Australia (yes... they do. XD)
I got them with no problem in like one to two weeks.
Edited by Ashade - 4/7/13 at 11:02ampost #1470 of 16284/7/13 at 12:27pm
The Lindy's are spare pads, cable and bag, pretty much the same as Jaycar, although I could have bought the Jaycars for nearly half the price I thought the pricing looked a little dodgy so I went with my instincts. I haven't done the mod, not brave enough yet, tested with other tracks and the grainy vocals were just Gotye, and they were all 100 or at least 99.99% quality so I don't know what's up with those, maybe it's something up with the guys microphone, or I could have scratched the cd. I checked the right cup to see if there was anything wrong with the speaker (it seemed more prominent with the right one) no cracks or any scrunching. Tested other tracks and what do you know, no grainy vocals.
- [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22? 12 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 15 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 33 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 47 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 54 seconds ago
- › Moto X... best built in audio amplifier phone? 1 minute ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 1 minute ago
- › Vienna/Austria Meet? 2 minutes ago
- › How many headphones is too much? 2 minutes ago
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi