Thanks, I usually take a few months from listening for gaming around november.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 3/5/14 at 12:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AMP Suggestions for HE-500 Last post on 2/17/14 at 11:28pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Toxic Cables Existing customer prize draw. HE-500 - EF-5 - Stand - Cable Last post on 3/3/14 at 1:09pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Hifiman HE-500 " Subwoofer " ear pad mods Last post on 2/9/14 at 9:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- New cans soon: GS1000, HE500, or LCD2 Last post on 1/31/14 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
REVIEW HIFIMAN HE500 A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH - Page 11post #151 of 1611/21/12 at 10:00am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 1613/21/12 at 5:17pm
Could anyone give me a description of the sound signature on the HE-500. And is there anything anyone doesn't like about this headphone?
Any recommendations on DAC/amp which work well with them. I am probably going to get an audio gd NFB-12. Anyone with firsthand experience with this combo or any other recommendations?post #153 of 1613/22/12 at 1:24am
It doesn't cut the crust off my PB&J sammich. WTF, HiFiMan? This better be addressed in Rev. 2.
That's a loaded question.. they like tubes.. but the low impedance relegates you to a hybrid or TC tube amp (not the most affordable for a HQ one). I've got a tube buffered DAC w/ a solid state amp up the chain (i.e. like the Arrow or O2).. basically a hybrid amp setup.. to get around the impedance issue.. and they absolutely SING. I wouldn't recommend an amp that's bright though cause these have plenty of gorgeous treble.
Edited by FlySweep - 3/22/12 at 1:40pmpost #154 of 1613/22/12 at 1:34pm
Frank, I enjoyed your review very much.
I am a newbie, and I have a pair of them coming my way (replacement program for he400), and don't know if my Audioengine D1 will suffice for driving them.
Any comment will be appreciatedpost #155 of 1613/22/12 at 7:53pmpost #156 of 1613/22/12 at 8:44pmpost #157 of 1613/23/12 at 4:56amThread StarterQuote:
Thanks for the nice comments. I an not sure if your audioengine will work as I think The HE500 still likes power but it does work off my MaranTz SA8004 SACD playerpost #158 of 1613/23/12 at 7:14ampost #159 of 1613/29/12 at 4:53pmpost #160 of 1613/29/12 at 6:03pm
I recently received my HE-500's so it has been a short relationship, but my feeling is so long has they get sufficient juice they are not particularly picky. Sounded equally good from the Meier Concerto and Channel Islands VHP1/VAC1. Also sounded very good with tubes -- Opera Audio Consonance Cyber 20 with re-issued Genalex Gold Lion EL84's and NOS Tung-Sol 12AU7.post #161 of 1613/29/12 at 11:57pm
- REVIEW HIFIMAN HE500 A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- HiFiMAN HE-500No reviews yet.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Coming... 2 minutes ago
- › Astrotec AX30, AX35 Hybrid IEMs Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 6 minutes ago
- › Dynamic sound vs Planar Magnetic sound 7 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 7 minutes ago
- › Sony ZX1 8 minutes ago
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude