Thanks, I usually take a few months from listening for gaming around november.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- K712 vs. he-500 Last post on 12/16/13 at 12:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Budget AMP worth to power Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ??? Last post on Today at 2:19 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Help! Budget AMP worth of Sennheiser HD600, HD800, HiFiMan-500, DT880... ??? Last post on Yesterday at 6:41 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone or Amp for next purchase Last post on Today at 11:07 am in Headphones (full-size)
- $1000 Challenge - List your best amp/headphone pairing that can be had for $1000 or less Last post on Yesterday at 3:17 pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
REVIEW HIFIMAN HE500 A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH - Page 11post #151 of 1611/21/12 at 10:00am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #152 of 1613/21/12 at 5:17pm
Could anyone give me a description of the sound signature on the HE-500. And is there anything anyone doesn't like about this headphone?
Any recommendations on DAC/amp which work well with them. I am probably going to get an audio gd NFB-12. Anyone with firsthand experience with this combo or any other recommendations?post #153 of 1613/22/12 at 1:24am
It doesn't cut the crust off my PB&J sammich. WTF, HiFiMan? This better be addressed in Rev. 2.
That's a loaded question.. they like tubes.. but the low impedance relegates you to a hybrid or TC tube amp (not the most affordable for a HQ one). I've got a tube buffered DAC w/ a solid state amp up the chain (i.e. like the Arrow or O2).. basically a hybrid amp setup.. to get around the impedance issue.. and they absolutely SING. I wouldn't recommend an amp that's bright though cause these have plenty of gorgeous treble.
Edited by FlySweep - 3/22/12 at 1:40pmpost #154 of 1613/22/12 at 1:34pm
Frank, I enjoyed your review very much.
I am a newbie, and I have a pair of them coming my way (replacement program for he400), and don't know if my Audioengine D1 will suffice for driving them.
Any comment will be appreciatedpost #155 of 1613/22/12 at 7:53pmpost #156 of 1613/22/12 at 8:44pmpost #157 of 1613/23/12 at 4:56amThread StarterQuote:
Thanks for the nice comments. I an not sure if your audioengine will work as I think The HE500 still likes power but it does work off my MaranTz SA8004 SACD playerpost #158 of 1613/23/12 at 7:14ampost #159 of 1613/29/12 at 4:53pmpost #160 of 1613/29/12 at 6:03pm
I recently received my HE-500's so it has been a short relationship, but my feeling is so long has they get sufficient juice they are not particularly picky. Sounded equally good from the Meier Concerto and Channel Islands VHP1/VAC1. Also sounded very good with tubes -- Opera Audio Consonance Cyber 20 with re-issued Genalex Gold Lion EL84's and NOS Tung-Sol 12AU7.post #161 of 1613/29/12 at 11:57pm
- REVIEW HIFIMAN HE500 A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › portable HDD? 20 seconds ago
- › iCAN Amp Review: A New Amp that Gives You More: More Bass, More... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 3 minutes ago
- › How many headphones are too many? 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Winter 2014 AAMML Holiday Exchange 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Pxc 450 , are they any good? 7 minutes ago
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe