Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › REVIEW HIFIMAN HE500 A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW HIFIMAN HE500 A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH - Page 2

post #16 of 161

Great review Frank. You captured everything is was to be captured without using words that has nothing to do with sound like some others do. So many times I read reviews that talks about a glass of orange juice and cars and airplanes etc. You should do these more often.

post #17 of 161

I look forward to the day that you have a pair of HE-500's handy to compare to your HE-6's, Peter. I would be very interested to read about how you think the two compare. (On a vaguely-related note, how do those LCD-3's compare to HiFiMAN's flagship set of cans?)
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Great write up Frank! Thanks for this...really appreciated.



 

post #18 of 161

Your comments on vocals got me hooked. So addicted to mids lately tongue.gif.  

post #19 of 161

Bravo! This is a very good review. 

post #20 of 161

your comparison of the T1 and HE-500 is just spot-on. I don't think I have ever agreed so completely with somebody reviewing two headphones I own.  Great write-up!
 

 
post #21 of 161

Great review, thanks! :)

post #22 of 161
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX View Post

Heya,

 

In full agreement. I love my pair. Was worth it even before the price drop. Now, it's just an amazing offering for the cost.

 

Very best,



thanks

post #23 of 161
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyrn View Post

Great review Frank. You captured everything is was to be captured without using words that has nothing to do with sound like some others do. So many times I read reviews that talks about a glass of orange juice and cars and airplanes etc. You should do these more often.



Thanks and much appreciated. i enjoyed doing this one

post #24 of 161
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMAWolf View Post

Your comments on vocals got me hooked. So addicted to mids lately tongue.gif.  



The vocals are addicting and also the basswink_face.gif

post #25 of 161
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by plin View Post

Bravo! This is a very good review. 



Thanks you glad you liked it.

post #26 of 161
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by calaf View Post

your comparison of the T1 and HE-500 is just spot-on. I don't think I have ever agreed so completely with somebody reviewing two headphones I own.  Great write-up!
 



Thanks its always hard to compare two great headphones

post #27 of 161
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleaK View Post

Great review, thanks! :)



Thanks and glad you liked it

post #28 of 161

Nice review. :)

 

I'll add some keywords of the HE-500 vs. the LCD-2 (r2) just for compariosn / context - Some neuances:

 

- The HE-500 has more treble presence than LCD-2 (def. perceived that way)

- Great vocals, but a tad more artificial than the LCD to my ears. Still better than a (traditional) dynamic headphone, though

- Bass is there and is very acceptable, but I perceive the bass to be more "one-note-bass" than LCD-2

 

HE-500 vs. HE-6? They are too different in signatures to post any neuances


Edited by Loevhagen - 12/14/11 at 9:38am
post #29 of 161
Thread Starter 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks its been a bit since I had the LCD2 for direct comparison. Appreciate it

post #30 of 161

Watta review Frank! Nice title too.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › REVIEW HIFIMAN HE500 A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH