Great review Frank. You captured everything is was to be captured without using words that has nothing to do with sound like some others do. So many times I read reviews that talks about a glass of orange juice and cars and airplanes etc. You should do these more often.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 3/5/14 at 12:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AMP Suggestions for HE-500 Last post on 2/17/14 at 11:28pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Toxic Cables Existing customer prize draw. HE-500 - EF-5 - Stand - Cable Last post on 3/3/14 at 1:09pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Hifiman HE-500 " Subwoofer " ear pad mods Last post on 2/9/14 at 9:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- New cans soon: GS1000, HE500, or LCD2 Last post on 1/31/14 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
REVIEW HIFIMAN HE500 A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH - Page 2post #16 of 16112/13/11 at 8:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 16112/13/11 at 8:30am
I look forward to the day that you have a pair of HE-500's handy to compare to your HE-6's, Peter. I would be very interested to read about how you think the two compare. (On a vaguely-related note, how do those LCD-3's compare to HiFiMAN's flagship set of cans?)
Quote:post #18 of 16112/13/11 at 8:42ampost #19 of 16112/13/11 at 9:24ampost #20 of 16112/13/11 at 9:50ampost #21 of 16112/13/11 at 10:01ampost #22 of 16112/13/11 at 1:33pmThread StarterQuote:
thankspost #23 of 16112/13/11 at 1:34pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks and much appreciated. i enjoyed doing this onepost #24 of 16112/13/11 at 1:35pmThread StarterQuote:
The vocals are addicting and also the basspost #25 of 16112/13/11 at 1:36pmThread Starterpost #26 of 16112/13/11 at 1:36pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks its always hard to compare two great headphonespost #27 of 16112/13/11 at 1:55pmThread Starterpost #28 of 16112/13/11 at 2:22pm
Nice review. :)
I'll add some keywords of the HE-500 vs. the LCD-2 (r2) just for compariosn / context - Some neuances:
- The HE-500 has more treble presence than LCD-2 (def. perceived that way)
- Great vocals, but a tad more artificial than the LCD to my ears. Still better than a (traditional) dynamic headphone, though
- Bass is there and is very acceptable, but I perceive the bass to be more "one-note-bass" than LCD-2
HE-500 vs. HE-6? They are too different in signatures to post any neuances.
Edited by Loevhagen - 12/14/11 at 9:38ampost #29 of 16112/13/11 at 4:12pmThread Starter
- REVIEW HIFIMAN HE500 A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- HiFiMAN HE-500No reviews yet.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Music Game IX 3 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 35 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › 8 years ago . . . 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-12 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › Ultra Fi Aubisque USB Filter 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude