Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › HELP! NEED HELP DECIDING ON A EARPHONE!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HELP! NEED HELP DECIDING ON A EARPHONE!!

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 

So i currently have the Shure Se215s, and overall I like them, but I want to get an upgrade from them, and Im willing to spend max $200. I like to have bass, Im looking for something with more boom and punch than my 215s, and Im looking to have more clarity in the vocals. Overall im hoping to have something even better than my shures in terms of sound quality and bass. I listen to mainly rap,hiphop, and house music, and occasionally some r&b songs with female vocals. I dont listen to any jazz or classical, so i suppose im not really looking for an analytical sound or anything. I've dont alot of research through the forums and read reviews and comparisons, and I've narrowed down a list of earphones that interest me because they seem to be all really good. But I dont know which one to go for. I think what would be most important for me is the bass, mids, and soundstage.

 

1. UE Triplefi 10

2. HiFiman Re262

3. Vsonic GR07

4. Radius HP-TWF11R "DDM"

5. Fischer Audio Tandem

6. Future Sonic Atrio M5 (MG7)

7. Audio-Technica ATH-CKM99

8. JVC HA-FXT90
9. Fishcher Audio DBA-02
10. Fischer Audio SBA-03
 
 
Im sorry for the long list, but from my research in reading reviews, it seems that these earphones are all really good, and these earphones are all within my price range. 

 

post #2 of 27

IE8

post #3 of 27
Thread Starter 

Thanks, I've heard from everywhere that IE8 are bass monsters and that they're really good, but do you know where I can get them? And roughly for how much? Im hoping to get something $200 max

post #4 of 27

You won't find IE8s for $200, real ones that is. Look into Turbine Golds

post #5 of 27

TF10 no doubt!

post #6 of 27
Thread Starter 

Thanks for the recommendation on the TF10s, your the second person to recommend that now. Anyone else have any good recommendations???

post #7 of 27

Are Tf-10s that good? I grabbed 2 pairs off amazon's lightning deal and I couldn't stand it. At least compared to UM3X, W4, and Denon d2000. is it just me?

post #8 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurosuto View Post

Are Tf-10s that good? I grabbed 2 pairs off amazon's lightning deal and I couldn't stand it. At least compared to UM3X, W4, and Denon d2000. is it just me?


The fit will bother some people, but I have a very large ear canal so it doesn't worry me, by saying that I didn't mean that it is super comfortable, I can wear it for about 1 hour straight, and I will need about 5-10 mins break after that before I can go for another hour.

 

With standard cable it is shocking as the memory wire hurt my ear lobe, I bought Null Audio Arete cable and it is AWESOME! improves the sound, and my ear lobe doesn't hurt anymore.

 

And yes, the sound is just pure awesomeness, much, much better than my W3

 

post #9 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post

TF10 no doubt!



 

Hey just curious, would you say  the TF10 are mids recessed? Because I've read that from numerous reviews on them, and some people say that the vocals are positioned too far away, and you cant really hear the vocals well.  

 
post #10 of 27

Quote:

Originally Posted by wucj View Post

I think what would be most important for me is the bass, mids, and soundstage.


Given your criteria, I wouldn't elect the TF10 as the best candidate. A potential candidate, maybe. Albeit still a weak one, considering there are far better alternatives, especially where bass, mids, and soundstage are collectively concerned. Within the $200 price range, I'd personally recommend the Atrio M5, EX600, ClarityOne (aka C1), or FXT90. Where rap and hip hop are concerned, the Atrio M5 is an excellent choice. That said, the C1 boasts a very deep, powerful low end; possibly the best one in terms of overall quality and quantity out of the 4. On the other hand, the EX600 and FXT90 offer better detail, clarity, and transparency than the C1. Presentation wise, the Atrio M5 may not be as open and airy as the other 3 vented dynamics. In any case, I'd search up and read more into each one of the aforementioned, and narrow down to whichever one appeals to you most. All the best! smile.gif

post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wucj View Post



 

Hey just curious, would you say  the TF10 are mids recessed? Because I've read that from numerous reviews on them, and some people say that the vocals are positioned too far away, and you cant really hear the vocals well.  

 


With the stock standard cable, yes, but not as recessed as Atrio IEM's, or MEE CC51, but if you spend a bit more and get a after market cable, it will improve the mids no doubt.

 

Agreed with i2ehan that Atrio M5 is best with hiphop/rap, TF10 is best with dance music and electronic music in general, UE700 is also good across all genres, fantastic highs, mids, soundstage, bass is not big in quantity, but quality wise it is awesome.

 

I have not heard any of the ones i2ehan recommended to comment on those, but he is one of the IEM expert around here wink_face.gif

 

post #12 of 27

Quote:

Originally Posted by djvkool View Post

I have not heard any of the ones i2ehan recommended to comment on those, but he is one of the IEM expert around here wink_face.gif


If it's IEM experts you're looking for, Inks, ClieOS, and |joker| (especially |joker|) are MUCH more qualified than I am, my friend. In fact, I suggest the OP PM any one of them for their advice. Never hurts to get a second (or third) opinion, because I too know how overwhelming things can seem when trying to find the 'right one' in such an open market. smile.gif

post #13 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2ehan View Post

Quote:


If it's IEM experts you're looking for, Inks, ClieOS, and |joker| (especially |joker|) are MUCH more qualified than I am, my friend. In fact, I suggest the OP PM any one of them for their advice. Never hurts to get a second (or third) opinion, because I too know how overwhelming things can seem when trying to find the 'right one' in such an open market. smile.gif



...or be just like us and keep buying, and sell the ones you don't like...this forum is BAD haha...

post #14 of 27

If you want "boom" in your bass, stay away from BAs because you simply won't find it. As much as I love the TF10s, I can't recommend them for someone who wants boom in their bass. 

post #15 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerid View Post

If you want "boom" in your bass, stay away from BAs because you simply won't find it. As much as I love the TF10s, I can't recommend them for someone who wants boom in their bass. 



Thanks for the input, can you recommend me any earphones that would let me feel the bass? Like with my Shures 215s right now, I feel that there is quantity in the bass, but I would like it if I could feel it more. Thanks, much appreciated. And my budget is within $200.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › HELP! NEED HELP DECIDING ON A EARPHONE!!