Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] CK100PRO Unboxing & Impressions (+ a retrospective journey with Audio-technica and versus CK100)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Review] CK100PRO Unboxing & Impressions (+ a retrospective journey with Audio-technica and... - Page 4

post #46 of 199
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatNzGuy View Post

Interesting, are the connectors on the cables the same as those UFL connectors you find on wifi cards in laptops? Those things transmit and receive 100mbps data bandwidths.
Null audio selling cable replacements for S$149 a set D: 

I'm definitely liking the sound of these, a bit heavy on the pocket though :/

Hi ThatNzGuy, no those are actually MMCX pin-connectors, just like the ones found on many current Shure IEMs. Except that the pin is reversed so you can't use those cheap Fiio-made replacements on the Audio-technicas at all. So far the only quality third-party replacement cable I know is only being made by Null Audio, for their Lune MK-II cables. I'm not really into or a believer of high-ends cables stuff so I did not purchase that since my default ones are still working fine at the moment and I like the build quality of the default cables, but at least now we know we have an alternative choice other than default original cables sold by Audio-technica (they charge 10,500yen for cable replacements in Japan).
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohannLiebert View Post

Thanks for the comparison.
So you are saying that listening to mainstream-music with mediocre production quality sucks with the ck100pro?
I read about this in-ear being picky with sources. What about a sony z1050 with a fiio e11. could anyone guess?

last but not least, nhat_thanh, where did you get the ck100pro? couldnt find any online shops in the eu

Hi JohannLiebert, you can order this from either Bluetin or AccessoryJackif you are residing in EU and you cannot find a reliable place to buy these. The above-mentioned sites are definitely reliable as far as customer services goes (I have not tried them before as I have my own japanese contact in JP so I bought my pair from Fujiya-Avic previously) as there are already plenty of feedback about these online stores on Head-fi or anywhere else. Although for best cost-savings IMO if you are able to deal with japanese words and don't mind relying on a forwarding proxy middlemen, I will highly recommend you to go sign up for an account on Amazon.co.jp website and use Tenso's forwarding services to ship to your home country.

Hope the above helps. redface.gif
post #47 of 199

I find that while the stock CK100pro cables are indeed very good, pairing it with the Lune MKII cable does help to reduce the brightness/sibilance level, and at the same time bringing out the mids and bass better.

 

Also to re-confirm what peacewalker mentioned, the correct Comply tips size are the T-500/TX-500, so TS may want to update your original post to avoid confusion.

post #48 of 199
I have received my ck100pro almost 2 weeks already. It sounds excellent and brings all the details from a song. I haven't experience any harshness treble so far with my rig. The lows are tight without overwhelming bass. The highs and mids is just the right amount that I prefer, although for some types of vocals it is not as good as ck100 presents. Over all, I am satisfied smily_headphones1.gif
post #49 of 199
Thank you very-very-very much for this great review. Bought CK100PRO: they sounds superb for me.
post #50 of 199

Which is better CKM1000 or CK100pro? I have a 250 gift card and I like to spend it on one of those. I can get a good deal on both I am just unfamiliar with Audio Technica IEM sound. I own ES10 which I enjoy greatly, that is all the experience I have with AT.

 

PS:My friend advice me to pick ckm-99 over ckm1000 as the SQ improvement are "very little"

post #51 of 199
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

Which is better CKM1000 or CK100pro? I have a 250 gift card and I like to spend it on one of those. I can get a good deal on both I am just unfamiliar with Audio Technica IEM sound. I own ES10 which I enjoy greatly, that is all the experience I have with AT.

PS:My friend advice me to pick ckm-99 over ckm1000 as the SQ improvement are "very little"

I don't have any sort of chance to hear the CKM1000's for myself over here, but in terms of overall quality I heard the CKW1000's were not that far off from the CKM1000's just that the CKW1000ANV's were more delicate/tamed in terms of the mids/upper-mids response. You should go for the CK100PRO's if you have that gift card to use for discounts, so far among all the top-tier universal that I have tried so far which includes those being mentioned and quite popularly known ard such as Westone W4R/Ultimate Ears UE900/Sony XBA-4, I actually preferred the CK100PRO plainly over those models, it's the more refined one for me personally and there are alot of people in my own country who have tried the 100PRO's and have never been disappointed by their sound qualities as well. (as I did created a dedicated thread in one of my local forums as well, apart from the one I posted on Head-fi)
post #52 of 199

My right driver died, good game.

post #53 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haonan View Post


I don't have any sort of chance to hear the CKM1000's for myself over here, but in terms of overall quality I heard the CKW1000's were not that far off from the CKM1000's just that the CKW1000ANV's were more delicate/tamed in terms of the mids/upper-mids response. You should go for the CK100PRO's if you have that gift card to use for discounts, so far among all the top-tier universal that I have tried so far which includes those being mentioned and quite popularly known ard such as Westone W4R/Ultimate Ears UE900/Sony XBA-4, I actually preferred the CK100PRO plainly over those models, it's the more refined one for me personally and there are alot of people in my own country who have tried the 100PRO's and have never been disappointed by their sound qualities as well. (as I did created a dedicated thread in one of my local forums as well, apart from the one I posted on Head-fi)

Thanks for the reply back. I bought the CK100pro. Correct me if I am wrong it is the only multi BA IEM out there which sounds kick ass right out of ipod ! It is great. It is sound charactersitic is very similar to ER4S which is a plus for me, however it actually has great bass and excellent mid range. 

There is a hint of sibilance but it is nothing to worry about. I am planning to buy the CKM 1000 ANV but right now I am saving for fitearGo111. But considering fitearGO111 is just an efficent ER4S I mightjust get the CKM1000 ANV.

post #54 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokyung View Post

My right driver died, good game.

Which one the CK100pro or the CKM1000? Sorry to hear that.

post #55 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

Which one the CK100pro or the CKM1000? Sorry to hear that.

CK100Pro.

post #56 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokyung View Post

CK100Pro.

Check if it is the cable or not. To do this basically reverse the cable connection and see if that fixes.If it is the cable than you should get the sound on the right and no sound on left. 

post #57 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

Check if it is the cable or not. To do this basically reverse the cable connection and see if that fixes.If it is the cable than you should get the sound on the right and no sound on left. 

It's the drivers, that was the first thing I tried haha.

post #58 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokyung View Post

It's the drivers, that was the first thing I tried haha.

wow, that doesnt sound good for a product that is price for 799 USD! Hope that doesnt happen to mine, darn it!

post #59 of 199

The Ck100pro sounds like it sucks with low output impedance devices(cowon,i-products).

Sony are high ohm which isnt recommended for Multi-BA Inears. Yet people seem to like them more with the sony.... That's bad.

post #60 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohannLiebert View Post

The Ck100pro sounds like it sucks with low output impedance devices(cowon,i-products).

Sony are high ohm which isnt recommended for Multi-BA Inears. Yet people seem to like them more with the sony.... That's bad.

I am having a very positive experience with the ipod nano 7th Gen. It is such a positive experience that I have decided to purchase a 64 GB ipod touch!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] CK100PRO Unboxing & Impressions (+ a retrospective journey with Audio-technica and versus CK100)