Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] CK100PRO Unboxing & Impressions (+ a retrospective journey with Audio-technica and versus CK100)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Review] CK100PRO Unboxing & Impressions (+ a retrospective journey with Audio-technica and... - Page 14

post #196 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinWolf View Post

The IM03 has the same level of detail? I always thought about the ck100pro being my most obvious option to upgrade, just the weird shape (that should result on a finicky fit) keeps me from upgrading.

CK100Pro is more revealing of the two to my ears.
post #197 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post

CK100Pro is more revealing of the two to my ears.

The reviews says that the IM02 are more detailed...so i don't think that ther is no 'real' successor to the ck100pro
post #198 of 205
I actually found the CK100PROs too revealing at times, especially with poorly mastered/produced recordings. I know that happens with a lot of decent IEMs, but I liked how the IM03s were more forgiving but still detailed.
post #199 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by malifact View Post

I actually found the CK100PROs too revealing at times, especially with poorly mastered/produced recordings. I know that happens with a lot of decent IEMs, but I liked how the IM03s were more forgiving but still detailed.

 

interesting....i was afraid that the ck100pro would not work well with my admittedly inconsistent library...

 

what about separation?

post #200 of 205

So it seems I'm still stuck with the ck100pro as an option (or top-tiers, but they are too expensive :( ).

post #201 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinWolf View Post
 

So it seems I'm still stuck with the ck100pro as an option (or top-tiers, but they are too expensive :( ).

 

It seems me too...but i do expect a price spike....

post #202 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamthinker View Post

interesting....i was afraid that the ck100pro would not work well with my admittedly inconsistent library...

what about separation?

Separation was decent from what I remember. For those who are still interested in the CK100PROs have you tried looking on kakaku? I can read Japanese so drop me a PM if you want me to look for you
post #203 of 205

http://kakaku.com/item/K0000298084/

 

I have been checking back on kakaku regularly, waiting for a price drop, before it was discontinued.

 

Is it still available? Used?


Edited by TheDreamthinker - 7/15/14 at 4:14am
post #204 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamthinker View Post
 

http://kakaku.com/item/K0000298084/

 

I have been checking back on kakaku regularly, waiting for a price drop, before it was discontinued.

 

Is it still available? Used?

 

The best place to look is Yahoo Japan auctions.  I got the original CK100s from there for a reasonable price.

post #205 of 205

Still it is one amazingly detailed and accurate sound. After neglecting it for so long it takes times for me to get used to its what comes across as a brighter sound but it did not take time why at one point I considered this the one to rule them all.

 

While I sill believe it is a great IEM that one must at least try once but it is one that will need to have good recording and because of this unforgiving nature it will be of limited used. Nevertheless it is unique IEM of its own and it nothing else I own can really challenge what it does. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] CK100PRO Unboxing & Impressions (+ a retrospective journey with Audio-technica and versus CK100)