Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] CK100PRO Unboxing & Impressions (+ a retrospective journey with Audio-technica and versus CK100)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Review] CK100PRO Unboxing & Impressions (+ a retrospective journey with Audio-technica and... - Page 12

post #166 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post

Well.. the bass LOOKS a little elevated and the treble is elevated compared to a totally flat FR. But I just wondered how much that is perceived. I already have my non-fatiguing iems. I want detail, neutral-ish, separation, soundstage and a tiny bit more bass than just a flat response.

Believe me, the bass is not perceived as elevated. I would say it's a rather well balanced bass for a multi armature, but impact and fullness is lacking compared to dynamic alternatives.

I know you have the Rockit R-50 and the bass is better and not quite as lean.


Edited by Sweden - 10/6/13 at 7:36pm
post #167 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbf1138 View Post
 

 

 

Right now you can get the PFE232 at around the same price as the CK100Pro. I've tried both this week and am going with the PFE232 as my keeper. I also have a Clip+ and it may be my favorite source for the PFE232, even over my Microstreamer with Arrow amp...

 

I was interested in the PFE232 but it's difficult to buy in Japan and you can get some nice deals on the CK100PROs now.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
 

 

I find the synergy with the Clip+ to be rather poor. The Clip is rather lacking in soundstage.

 

Hi Sweden, do you know any other mini MP3 players that would work well with the CK100PROs?

post #168 of 222

My friend has a pair of CK100 Pro's and I have to agree with Audionewbi. They are definitely NOT flat.

 

They have some incredibly dry and forward treble. At the same time though they have a pretty breathtaking sense of clarity. Each time I hear my friend's pair I kind of want to buy one, though the fit is extremely finnicky.

 

At some point when I get more time I will borrow his pair to make a video review with :)

post #169 of 222

Ok, maybe it's a good thing that I will get to try them before I pull the trigger. I'm sort of a dry person with crappy humor so maybe I'll like the treble. :D The fit is probably what's going to make or break them. I already have a hard enough time to get a perfect fit with my UE900. (Ended up taking the tube from a comply tip to lengthen the nozzle and put a meelec balanced dual flange on it.) Don't want another iem that doesn't fit my ears well. Anyway, I'll get back with some thoughts on what I hear.

post #170 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post
 

My friend has a pair of CK100 Pro's and I have to agree with Audionewbi. They are definitely NOT flat.

 

They have some incredibly dry and forward treble. At the same time though they have a pretty breathtaking sense of clarity. Each time I hear my friend's pair I kind of want to buy one, though the fit is extremely finnicky.

 

At some point when I get more time I will borrow his pair to make a video review with :)

 

Really looking forward to that review!

post #171 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post
 

Ok, maybe it's a good thing that I will get to try them before I pull the trigger. I'm sort of a dry person with crappy humor so maybe I'll like the treble. :D The fit is probably what's going to make or break them. I already have a hard enough time to get a perfect fit with my UE900. (Ended up taking the tube from a comply tip to lengthen the nozzle and put a meelec balanced dual flange on it.) Don't want another iem that doesn't fit my ears well. Anyway, I'll get back with some thoughts on what I hear.


I would definitely try them out before pulling the trigger.  They fit my ears fine but I could imagine them proving a problem for other people.  I personally find them a lot easier to insert and wear than the Shure 535s which I (briefly) owned.

post #172 of 222
I fond the swiveling cables to be both good and awful. Today I realised how important the insertion depth is. That 1 mm really made a difference pushing the resonance up past the 8-9kHz that just cuts through bone. Dammit.. this is going to be harder than I thought.
post #173 of 222

Has anyone tried the CK100PROs with the JDS Labs C5 amp?  I read on a Japanese forum they work well together.

post #174 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by malifact View Post
 

Has anyone tried the CK100PROs with the JDS Labs C5 amp?  I read on a Japanese forum they work well together.

Yes I did, it was a nice pairing but a little too analytic. 

post #175 of 222

Thanks for the review.


Edited by asko - 10/17/13 at 8:34pm
post #176 of 222

http://www.head-fi.org/t/687962/asg-2-ck100pro-and-ue900-reviews-the-dysfunctional-family

 

Moved for convenience.


Edited by MoonYeol - 10/29/13 at 1:57am
post #177 of 222

Oh, btw. If you find it too big I can remove it and replace it with a link to somewhere else and post my comparisons there. Or just delete if you feel like I'm intruding on your review.

post #178 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post
 

Oh, btw. If you find it too big I can remove it and replace it with a link to somewhere else and post my comparisons there. Or just delete if you feel like I'm intruding on your review.

 

That was a really fun review! I particularly liked your anthropomorphism. Perhaps you should start a new thread with your review since it isn't just a CK100Pro review, and other people might miss your comparison.

post #179 of 222

Yeah maybe I should. And I can edit and post the link instead. Won't take up as much space.

post #180 of 222

This is probably an odd question, but does anyone know if Audio Technica changed the cables for the CK100PROs after their initial release?  A friend recently purchased a pair and he noticed that the cable coming from both earpieces has a crease running down it.  You only notice it if you look close up, but can feel it if you run your finger on the cable.  I'm curious as my pair doesn't seem to have this...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] CK100PRO Unboxing & Impressions (+ a retrospective journey with Audio-technica and versus CK100)