New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mee m6 or m9 vs Xeport 5010

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 

I was wondering which you would recommend for under $30. I am a basshead and listen to drum and bass, dubstep, hiphop, and a little bit of everything else. I will be walking a lot in colder weather and snow. I will not be driving with an amp or anything like that, and I will be using an Ipod Touch. Thanks for any input. I have been lurking on these forums and I have a feeling I will have the monoprice and pretty much a ton of the under $50 options soon, but as a cook/pastry chef I don't have the money to buy many yet so it is probably between these 2 options.

post #2 of 13

Hello pumbaa and welcome fellow basshead.  For some deep thumping love with your genres....Enjoy!

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/577508/jvc-ha-fx1x-xtreme-xplosive-impressions-hopefully-fan-thread

post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 

I will take a look into those. And the Heat is my team, I was born and raised in So. Fla.

post #4 of 13

I know M6 is good for your genre...

post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 

Any one else have any other input on this? I am about to order the XX from JVC posted above unless anyone else has any info or thoughts.

post #6 of 13
Thread Starter 

Well sorry to bump this again but the headgear is on the way from amazon i ordered the m9p (since my fiancee is getting the iphone tomorrow) and the jvc xx for me. Thanks for all of the help.

post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumbaa071 View Post

I will take a look into those. And the Heat is my team, I was born and raised in So. Fla.



Cheers to you pumbaa...beerchug.gif

 

All the way this year.  Last year was a tuneup (great tune up, all the way to the Finals)...All these big trades this year so far with other teams, we already went through that.  With the vacation LBJ took during the Finals in being very passive, I see him at the top of the scoring title race this year...lol

 

Great choices on your purchases!!!

 

post #8 of 13

Try the CK-700 from Focalprice. Follow this thread  for initial impressions. Cost only $6. I own both M6 and CK-700 which has dethroned my M6 in both sound quality and comfort. We enjoy same genres and these babies handles they superbly. Oh the bass from these...! extends so low too with great mids and highs. Such fun iem. The best bang-for-bucks buy and yet to be discovered here.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumbaa071 View Post

I was wondering which you would recommend for under $30. I am a basshead and listen to drum and bass, dubstep, hiphop, and a little bit of everything else. I will be walking a lot in colder weather and snow. I will not be driving with an amp or anything like that, and I will be using an Ipod Touch. Thanks for any input. I have been lurking on these forums and I have a feeling I will have the monoprice and pretty much a ton of the under $50 options soon, but as a cook/pastry chef I don't have the money to buy many yet so it is probably between these 2 options.



 

 

post #9 of 13
Thread Starter 

I need these before Christmas since I am taking a trip so I could not wait on shipping from China but I did read about the focalprice. I liked the red ones with the red braided cord. I am sure when I get back into town I will get the ck-700, monoprice $7.11 set, xeport 5010, and a ton more under $30. And yes Heatfan they are going all the way this year, also the Marlins look like they have been making some big moves. I may be moving back to Miami or to Chicago either way I will always be a Miami fan.

post #10 of 13

Yes, it's takes quite some days to arrive. I got the red one too, but much prefer the CK-700. And i'm looking forward to the group buy for the Monoprice 8320 which i have heard some good things about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumbaa071 View Post

I need these before Christmas since I am taking a trip so I could not wait on shipping from China but I did read about the focalprice. I liked the red ones with the red braided cord. I am sure when I get back into town I will get the ck-700, monoprice $7.11 set..



 


Edited by Puuzi - 12/13/11 at 1:56pm
post #11 of 13
Thread Starter 

Isn't the ck-700 in red along with white, black, and wood? If they are different then I would just get the black or white ones. As I said once I get back from my vacation and get some money back in my pocket after taking a vacation I will get the focalprice, monoprice, and the xeport. Thanks for all of the help.

post #12 of 13

No the red one is quite different in specification and in sound and it's named CK-M700 with and impedance of 40ohm while the CK-700 is rated 16ohm. I have also got the black CK-800 which not same as the black CK-700. All of them sound good, but i much prefer the sound signature, design and comfort of the CK-700. It's pure joy and fun to listen to.

post #13 of 13
Thread Starter 

Ohh good to know, I will go for the black set then.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: