Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Which of these headphones are better?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which of these headphones are better? - Page 2

post #16 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by audifanatic518 View Post

only the sr60i was available for testing since they had misplaced the open set of sr80i's. I had loaded a few albums in FLAC format onto my phone. Side by side, I couldn't tell much of a difference between them and my current Sennheiser HD201's. The Grados sounded a little clearer, but overall they were very similar. He told me to call in a few days since he hopes to find the sr80i's by then, so I'm going to give those a shot in a couple of days.



 Wow ~ now that's a very different experience to me. I threw my HD201's in the bin because I thought they were that bad,

 my SR80i still remains the best sub $200 headphone I have heard, only the Shure 840 gives it a very good run for

 it's money.

 

 confused_face_2.gif

post #17 of 27

 This is basically my exact experience and it's why I have my Grado SR80is on my head right now.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarmi View Post



 Wow ~ now that's a very different experience to me. I threw my HD201's in the bin because I thought they were that bad,

 my SR80i still remains the best sub $200 headphone I have heard, only the Shure 840 gives it a very good run for

 it's money.

 

 confused_face_2.gif



 

post #18 of 27

void


Edited by bmeat - 8/16/14 at 3:17pm
post #19 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmeat View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SRH550DJ-Professional-DJ-Headphones/dp/B004MBQF84

these are usually $100, id say grab them asap while theyre $60. you will probably like this sound signature better if you liked the hd201, this is a major upgrade

 



How would you describe the sound on those? What I guess I'm looking for is a very warm sound.

post #20 of 27

void


Edited by bmeat - 8/16/14 at 3:17pm
post #21 of 27

void


Edited by bmeat - 8/16/14 at 3:17pm
post #22 of 27
Thread Starter 


lol, yea, I know. It must have been the songs I tested with that made them sound so similar. Like I said, I'm going to go back to try the sr80i's, so I'll probably give the 60's another shot. What would be the best way to test them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmeat View Post

gwarmi, the graph for the hd201 does look pretty bad if i say so myself haha



 

post #23 of 27

void


Edited by bmeat - 8/16/14 at 3:17pm
post #24 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by audifanatic518 View Post

 

How are those volume-wise? They have an awfully high impedance.
 

 


I have had no problems with driving them, but then I have an arsenal of different head amps at my disposal. darthsmile.gif
 

 

post #25 of 27
Thread Starter 

Ended up buying the Grado SR125i. I originally bought the V-Moda Crossfade LP (Radio Shack  made me buy them before I could try them outmad.gif) and I was not too impressed. They emphasized the bass too much and kind of drowned everything else out. So then I went to try out the SR125i's and they sounded much better. Huge improvement over the SR60i's  and an even larger improvement over the V-Moda's. Everything was nice, crisp, and clean, which I liked. I immediately bought them and returned the V-Moda's to Radio Shack. Now I just cannot wait until Christmas when I can use them.


Edited by audifanatic518 - 12/20/11 at 7:59am
post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by audifanatic518 View Post

Ended up buying the Grado SR125i. I originally bought the V-Moda Crossfade LP (Radio Shack  made me buy them before I could try them outmad.gif) and I was not too impressed. They emphasized the bass too much and kind of drowned everything else out. So then I went to try out the SR125i's and they sounded much better. Huge improvement over the SR60i's  and an even larger improvement over the V-Moda's. Everything was nice, crisp, and clean, which I liked. I immediately bought them and returned the V-Moda's to Radio Shack. Now I just cannot wait until Christmas when I can use them.



 Count yourself lucky ~ you may have been talked into a pair of AiAiAi TMA-1's by the store instead smile.gif

 

 World of disappointment is the TMA-1. What they charge for it is criminal.

post #27 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarmi View Post



 Count yourself lucky ~ you may have been talked into a pair of AiAiAi TMA-1's by the store instead smile.gif

 

 World of disappointment is the TMA-1. What they charge for it is criminal.



Fortunately the only thing they carry are Grado and Bowers & Wilkens.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Which of these headphones are better?