Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 532  

post #7966 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

 

 

So, the logo was born, from the hands of a disabled mother, from the restrictions of a small bank account, and from a Head Fier that dared to follow his dreams.

 

 

 

Wizard

 

this is melodramatic at the least and exploitative at the worst.  I already found a lot of his earlier posts to smack of arrogance, and this is in poor taste.

post #7967 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSC View Post

 

this is melodramatic at the least and exploitative at the worst.  I already found a lot of his earlier posts to smack of arrogance, and this is in poor taste.


I feel sooooo good that I am not alone in thinking this. I thought I was crazy for a moment.

post #7968 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


It is rather disquieting that someone might NOT construe such motives.

Regardless of what his intentions are, it is up to the individual to decide for himself/herself what to make of his story. Moreover, it is completely his right to share whatever he deems worthy of sharing. 

 

You are completely within your own right to express your own personal opinion regarding your interpretation of his anecdote. However, it is not your right to deem what is 'appropriate' or 'correct' on Wizard's behalf. 

post #7969 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihaitachi View Post

Regardless of what his intentions are, it is up to the individual to decide for himself/herself what to make of his story. Moreover, it is completely his right to share whatever he deems worthy of sharing. 

 

You are completely within your own right to express your own personal opinion regarding your interpretation of his anecdote. However, it is not your right to deem what is 'appropriate' or 'correct' on Wizard's behalf. 

Agree.

post #7970 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


I feel sooooo good that I am not alone in thinking this. I thought I was crazy for a moment.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSC View Post

 

this is melodramatic at the least and exploitative at the worst.  I already found a lot of his earlier posts to smack of arrogance, and this is in poor taste.

 

You both aren't alone on this. I feel exactly the same. I'm of the mindset of "treat others the way you want to be treated." That applies to everyone and not favorites. If you want respect and sympathy you must learn to give it. When you treat people like **** and expect otherwise it's hypocritical IMO. Otherwise I'd be a bit more sympathetic but I can draw conclusions from previous posts with the same vibe. It's much better to own up to a problem instead of playing the blame game and using it to garner sympathy. That is of course my opinion on the matter.


Edited by lee730 - 6/24/13 at 2:11am
post #7971 of 7980

Wow. This thread has a distinct King of Kong flavour right now...

post #7972 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post

Wow. This thread has a distinct King of Kong flavour right now...

Don't forget the bananas ;).

post #7973 of 7980

That's the problem with posting anything on a forum I guess. Different people take things in different ways. 

 

A couple of members commented on the Heir logo, remarking that they thought it was a little amateurish and as this had a very personal link to John, he briefly explained the story behind it. I probably would have done the same.

 

I don't feel it was inappropriate or off topic as it explained the history behind the logo that was being discussed and I actually found it quite interesting.

 

John's closing line, 'From a Head Fier that dared follow his dreams' made me chuckle. I took it as a light hearted closer and the kind of silly third person reference I might add on a forum post, but as I said at the beginning, we don't all see things the same way.

 

Oh and personally I have always liked the clean, simplicity of the Heir logo. Works for me

post #7974 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyClown View Post

That's the problem with posting anything on a forum I guess. Different people take things in different ways. 

 

A couple of members commented on the Heir logo, remarking that they thought it was a little amateurish and as this had a very personal link to John, he briefly explained the story behind it. I probably would have done the same.

 

I don't feel it was inappropriate or off topic as it explained the history behind the logo that was being discussed and I actually found it quite interesting.

 

John's closing line, 'From a Head Fier that dared follow his dreams' made me chuckle. I took it as a light hearted closer and the kind of silly third person reference I might add on a forum post, but as I said at the beginning, we don't all see things the same way.

 

Oh and personally I have always liked the clean, simplicity of the Heir logo. Works for me

I the context of past posts, I see it as purely first degree, but I understand you point...

post #7975 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalithian View Post

He's sharing personal details about getting started in making headphones, not about how he took a poop and found out it was green.

 

It happens to me each time I eat a lot of licorice Twizzlers.

post #7976 of 7980

Green poop? I'll see your green poop and raise you the destruction that ensues after an especially spicy masala...

post #7977 of 7980

I'm going to see this a bit differently to the rest of you... John is probably going through one of the worst periods of his life, he has a wife & new born baby many 1000's of miles away from where he is, he has apparently lost/forced-out/left the company he started (his dream) & his Mother had invasive brain-surgery last Friday... so I would assume he's in a pretty emotional place at the moment & has a lot to deal with one way or another.

 

I can see both sides of the argument but the spite & hatred that is within some post leaves me scratching my head.

 

DBS surgery is not something anyone would undertake, it is high-risk surgery that has three outcomes, relief from the symptoms (not a cure), no benefit so the operation has to be reversed & lastly 'brain death'.... the operation consist of having two holes drilled into your skull, a four hour operation to place wires inside your brain (one bleed, it's lights out), for the entire process the patient is 'awake'... The second part of the surgery happens 2-4 days later when the patient has to undergo further invasive surgery to have implants fitted under the rib-cage/collar-bone to have the whole thing connected up. There is the a ten-day assessment to see if things are working properly & the bodies reaction as the implants can be rejected (the operation is reversed if this happens)... basically someone else is playing Russian roulette with your life after you have handed them a gun.

 

We all do things unintentionally on these boards, I had a emails from John on Friday & Saturday with regard to his Mother's DBS surgery, they were highly emotional... people don't see what happens behind the scenes, whether you like John or hate him.... I would suggest a bit of compassionate latitude wouldn't go amiss.


Edited by OK-Guy - 6/24/13 at 3:05am
post #7978 of 7980
Thread Starter 
Let me start by stating that this post is in no way meant to single any one person or multiple people out, that is certainly not my intent...

I find that it is quite amusing that there are members here that try to disguise their true intentions by stating in their post...no offense, I am sorry but...or that is not the point I am trying to make. It is all too apparent that when time and time again this continues to occur and even in some cases throughout multiple threads; so are we suppose to believe that it is clear to everyone except possibly the poster what their intentions were? I for one don't buy that. They know quite well what they are attempting to accomplish and unfortunately those of us who speak to this are actually enabling them and then accused of actually attacking the original attacker. Feel free to post away and continue to instigate, however I will not.
post #7979 of 7980

All it would have taken was a simple statement from Heir on the front page of the site or on facebook and this could all have been avoided.  In the meantime and what is more important is to wish John and his family all the very best and hope things work out well.  I say this not as a paying customer to Heir (though I've come close) but as someone who has been in awe at some of the stuff that has been posted on here and on the face book site.

 

Cheers

post #7980 of 7980

I've finally arrived on Head-Fi.... I've been given a moniker... >struts out of thread Mr Big stylie<

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread