Cadillac tried that in the 80's - took a Chevy and slapped a Caddy emblem on it... didn't fool anyone except my aunt Esther - but she drinks a lot.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Like HD471i but closed and produce better resonance, better volume, clarity on treble, but none of these descriptions actually help make it sound good..to be honest. And to be honest, t40rp mk2...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 467post #6991 of 79805/6/13 at 1:12pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #6992 of 79805/6/13 at 1:32pmpost #6993 of 79805/6/13 at 1:53pmpost #6994 of 79805/6/13 at 1:59pmNow that you mention it, this might be the 350. I had the whole collection in for review and they were interchangeable in terms of size, so I guess I just grabbed the wrong one for my "size comparison" pic.post #6995 of 79805/6/13 at 2:07pmQuote:
Of course I realize that physical difference due to the custom-formed seal. I am wondering if there is anything else other than that.post #6996 of 79805/6/13 at 2:16pmpost #6997 of 79805/6/13 at 2:16pmQuote:
Oh I see. I had a OMG I had the Tzar 350 or something all along moment!post #6998 of 79805/6/13 at 2:40pmQuote:
As far as I know they have no plans to make silicon based products, or custom molded Tzar models. But of course that could change at a later time.Quote:
I know what you mean. When I first got them all in, I got mixed up myself.post #6999 of 79805/6/13 at 2:54pmpost #7000 of 79805/6/13 at 3:05pm
Uchi you can't really compare a Custom Fit IEM to a universal fit in that they seal differently. The Custom IEM relies on its shell and resting fully inside your ear canals (custom shaped to your ear) while a universal more so relies on the silicone at its bass to form the seal. Very different approaches IMO and it does indeed lead to different sound. The custom also significantly amplifies bone conduction & I can hear my own heartbeat with them in. With universals I don't really have those issues. This was my experience with a Custom TF10 vs the Universal form. I actually preferred the universal form in this case as the custom had too much bass for my tastes. But that wasn't the only difference I noticed between them. The universal had a bigger sound staging while the custom had a more intimate sound staging.
Edited by lee730 - 5/6/13 at 3:08pmpost #7001 of 79805/6/13 at 3:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by lee730
Uchi you can't really compare a Custom Fit IEM to a universal fit in that they seal differently. The Custom IEM relies on its shell and resting fully inside your ear canals while a universal more so relies on the silicone at its bass to form the seal. Very different approaches IMO and it does indeed lead to different sound. This was my experience with a Custom TF10 vs the Universal form. I actually preferred the universal form in this case as the custom had too much bass for my tastes. But that wasn't the only difference I noticed between them. The universal had a bigger sound staging while the custom had a more intimate sound staging.
I was referring to say a tight custom seal vs a custom that has an airtight seal but isn't tight.
And a tight universal seal vs a universal seal that has an airtight seal but doesn't feel as tight.post #7002 of 79805/6/13 at 3:10pmQuote:
I think that can have an impact on the sound as well as comfort. Also factoring in a deep insertion vs a shallow one. That doesn't mean it applies to all IEMs but I've experienced that in particular with dynamic IEMs.post #7003 of 79805/6/13 at 3:20pmpost #7004 of 79805/6/13 at 3:24pmQuote:
That depends on the situation. It could be a matter of both comfort and altered sound based on fit issues. For example some people have heard the 8As as being extremely sibilant and aggressive in the treble region. That sounds rather odd to me as I don't hear them like that at all. That could possibly be due to fit issues even though they perceive no comfort or fit issues. Say one of the bores is hitting on the side of your ear canal and obstructing it. There are many factors to take into consideration. Having too great of a seal with suction seemed to impact sound for the worse for me as well. But the bigger issue was comfort IMO. With excessive suction giving me a headache.post #7005 of 79805/6/13 at 3:28pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor) 4 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 38 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Appreciation Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › First headphone/amp combo within a 3000 USD budget 10 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 10 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 10 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 11 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › German Maestro GMP 8.40 D Professional by mien
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...