Cadillac tried that in the 80's - took a Chevy and slapped a Caddy emblem on it... didn't fool anyone except my aunt Esther - but she drinks a lot.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 467post #6991 of 79805/6/13 at 1:12pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #6992 of 79805/6/13 at 1:32pmpost #6993 of 79805/6/13 at 1:53pmpost #6994 of 79805/6/13 at 1:59pmNow that you mention it, this might be the 350. I had the whole collection in for review and they were interchangeable in terms of size, so I guess I just grabbed the wrong one for my "size comparison" pic.post #6995 of 79805/6/13 at 2:07pmQuote:
Of course I realize that physical difference due to the custom-formed seal. I am wondering if there is anything else other than that.post #6996 of 79805/6/13 at 2:16pmpost #6997 of 79805/6/13 at 2:16pmQuote:
Oh I see. I had a OMG I had the Tzar 350 or something all along moment!post #6998 of 79805/6/13 at 2:40pmQuote:
As far as I know they have no plans to make silicon based products, or custom molded Tzar models. But of course that could change at a later time.Quote:
I know what you mean. When I first got them all in, I got mixed up myself.post #6999 of 79805/6/13 at 2:54pmpost #7000 of 79805/6/13 at 3:05pm
Uchi you can't really compare a Custom Fit IEM to a universal fit in that they seal differently. The Custom IEM relies on its shell and resting fully inside your ear canals (custom shaped to your ear) while a universal more so relies on the silicone at its bass to form the seal. Very different approaches IMO and it does indeed lead to different sound. The custom also significantly amplifies bone conduction & I can hear my own heartbeat with them in. With universals I don't really have those issues. This was my experience with a Custom TF10 vs the Universal form. I actually preferred the universal form in this case as the custom had too much bass for my tastes. But that wasn't the only difference I noticed between them. The universal had a bigger sound staging while the custom had a more intimate sound staging.
Edited by lee730 - 5/6/13 at 3:08pmpost #7001 of 79805/6/13 at 3:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by lee730
Uchi you can't really compare a Custom Fit IEM to a universal fit in that they seal differently. The Custom IEM relies on its shell and resting fully inside your ear canals while a universal more so relies on the silicone at its bass to form the seal. Very different approaches IMO and it does indeed lead to different sound. This was my experience with a Custom TF10 vs the Universal form. I actually preferred the universal form in this case as the custom had too much bass for my tastes. But that wasn't the only difference I noticed between them. The universal had a bigger sound staging while the custom had a more intimate sound staging.
I was referring to say a tight custom seal vs a custom that has an airtight seal but isn't tight.
And a tight universal seal vs a universal seal that has an airtight seal but doesn't feel as tight.post #7002 of 79805/6/13 at 3:10pmQuote:
I think that can have an impact on the sound as well as comfort. Also factoring in a deep insertion vs a shallow one. That doesn't mean it applies to all IEMs but I've experienced that in particular with dynamic IEMs.post #7003 of 79805/6/13 at 3:20pmpost #7004 of 79805/6/13 at 3:24pmQuote:
That depends on the situation. It could be a matter of both comfort and altered sound based on fit issues. For example some people have heard the 8As as being extremely sibilant and aggressive in the treble region. That sounds rather odd to me as I don't hear them like that at all. That could possibly be due to fit issues even though they perceive no comfort or fit issues. Say one of the bores is hitting on the side of your ear canal and obstructing it. There are many factors to take into consideration. Having too great of a seal with suction seemed to impact sound for the worse for me as well. But the bigger issue was comfort IMO. With excessive suction giving me a headache.post #7005 of 79805/6/13 at 3:28pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 14 seconds ago
- › Blast from the Past - Post your favourites, any genre any decade 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › ALAC vs. FLAC 3 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 6 minutes ago
- › [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and... 6 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 7 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 9 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...