Cadillac tried that in the 80's - took a Chevy and slapped a Caddy emblem on it... didn't fool anyone except my aunt Esther - but she drinks a lot.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
I have a pair of EarTech Music Quads that I felt were worthy of a better cable. In particular I was hoping an aftermarket, high end cable would bring some missing "air" and resolution, more...
Hi, I'm new to this head-fi community and this would be my first headphone review here at head-fi. Other headphones I've owned and listened to so far would be the Sennheiser hd239, px100, rha...
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 467post #6991 of 79805/6/13 at 1:12pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #6992 of 79805/6/13 at 1:32pmpost #6993 of 79805/6/13 at 1:53pmpost #6994 of 79805/6/13 at 1:59pmNow that you mention it, this might be the 350. I had the whole collection in for review and they were interchangeable in terms of size, so I guess I just grabbed the wrong one for my "size comparison" pic.post #6995 of 79805/6/13 at 2:07pmQuote:
Of course I realize that physical difference due to the custom-formed seal. I am wondering if there is anything else other than that.post #6996 of 79805/6/13 at 2:16pmpost #6997 of 79805/6/13 at 2:16pmQuote:
Oh I see. I had a OMG I had the Tzar 350 or something all along moment!post #6998 of 79805/6/13 at 2:40pmQuote:
As far as I know they have no plans to make silicon based products, or custom molded Tzar models. But of course that could change at a later time.Quote:
I know what you mean. When I first got them all in, I got mixed up myself.post #6999 of 79805/6/13 at 2:54pmpost #7000 of 79805/6/13 at 3:05pm
Uchi you can't really compare a Custom Fit IEM to a universal fit in that they seal differently. The Custom IEM relies on its shell and resting fully inside your ear canals (custom shaped to your ear) while a universal more so relies on the silicone at its bass to form the seal. Very different approaches IMO and it does indeed lead to different sound. The custom also significantly amplifies bone conduction & I can hear my own heartbeat with them in. With universals I don't really have those issues. This was my experience with a Custom TF10 vs the Universal form. I actually preferred the universal form in this case as the custom had too much bass for my tastes. But that wasn't the only difference I noticed between them. The universal had a bigger sound staging while the custom had a more intimate sound staging.
Edited by lee730 - 5/6/13 at 3:08pmpost #7001 of 79805/6/13 at 3:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by lee730
Uchi you can't really compare a Custom Fit IEM to a universal fit in that they seal differently. The Custom IEM relies on its shell and resting fully inside your ear canals while a universal more so relies on the silicone at its bass to form the seal. Very different approaches IMO and it does indeed lead to different sound. This was my experience with a Custom TF10 vs the Universal form. I actually preferred the universal form in this case as the custom had too much bass for my tastes. But that wasn't the only difference I noticed between them. The universal had a bigger sound staging while the custom had a more intimate sound staging.
I was referring to say a tight custom seal vs a custom that has an airtight seal but isn't tight.
And a tight universal seal vs a universal seal that has an airtight seal but doesn't feel as tight.post #7002 of 79805/6/13 at 3:10pmQuote:
I think that can have an impact on the sound as well as comfort. Also factoring in a deep insertion vs a shallow one. That doesn't mean it applies to all IEMs but I've experienced that in particular with dynamic IEMs.post #7003 of 79805/6/13 at 3:20pmpost #7004 of 79805/6/13 at 3:24pmQuote:
That depends on the situation. It could be a matter of both comfort and altered sound based on fit issues. For example some people have heard the 8As as being extremely sibilant and aggressive in the treble region. That sounds rather odd to me as I don't hear them like that at all. That could possibly be due to fit issues even though they perceive no comfort or fit issues. Say one of the bores is hitting on the side of your ear canal and obstructing it. There are many factors to take into consideration. Having too great of a seal with suction seemed to impact sound for the worse for me as well. But the bigger issue was comfort IMO. With excessive suction giving me a headache.post #7005 of 79805/6/13 at 3:28pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 1 minute ago
- › Love BAck BY VashikAran =\/=91=8146494399 love problem solution... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Love Problem Solution Specialist ## 91=8146494399##Dubai/ Fiji/... 2 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD668B are they really that good or just a cheap copycat??? 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Known bugs/issues with latest X7 firmware 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design,... 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear