Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 440  

post #6586 of 7980

I'd want to thank you but "the seller doesn't ship to Turkey"..Gonna ask him if he could make an exception :)
 

post #6587 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicdrift View Post

doug any sonic changes with the 93SPEC?

Yes and no. The problem is that with the 93SPEC my 8.A's fit me better than they did with my Magnus. So while I'm definitely getting better sound I'm unsure how much of that to put down to the cable and how much to just having a better seal.

In the end the one thing I can say for sure is that my 93SPEC is great for ergonomics, if a bit more stiff than the Magnus. I also love the look of a silver cable over the black one. It really makes the wood caps pope.

Speaking of, I'll try to take some pictures at some point.
post #6588 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

 

 

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

post #6589 of 7980

Hello Everyone just received my Heir Audio 4.ai's a couple days ago. Although I am new too reviewing here on headfi,  im going to post my Honest Impressions of 4.Ai. I've given the 4.ai a total of 66 hours, and Let's just say I am not impressed at all. For $399.99 I had high expectations of completely being an upgrade over $150.00 + IEM's and well I was completely wrong. I was already skeptical of buying a $400.00 IEM in the first place because most of them in that price range is very overpriced. Comparisons I've done so far were against the Brainwavz B2, Audio Technica Ck-10, Vsonic Gr07. The Heir Audio 4.ai sounds similar to the brainwavz b2, and the most noticeable part is bass. I will give the Heir Audio 4.ai higher bass detail than the Brainwavz B2, but as for the clarity and crispy high's I have found that the Brainwavz B2 still competes with the Heir Audio 4.ai in it's clarity section even if with the  4.ai has better instrument separation. Lots of people believe the Heir Audio 4.ai sounds like the Brainwavz B2 on steroids, and well not technically and I've came to the conclusion that im not missing anything that the 4.ai offer that the Brainwavz doesn't except mainly bass...

 

 

Next, The Audio Technica ATH CK-10's vs the Heir Audio 4.ai. These 2 really had a clashing battle, but if you want to hear a Brainwavz B2 on steroids??? pick up the Ck10's, it's truly a remarkable IEM. The Ck10's sounds overall balanced while not sounding too dry or boring to my ear's. The Midrange of the Ck10's sound so beautiful especially vocals compared to the 4.ai. The Bass of the 4.ai I will say is better than the Ck10's but the Ck10's have that clean bass that's seems perfect to the ear. I'm not a basshead, and I do like good bass. But asides from that I will say that the instruments on the CK10's sounds a lot more refined than the 4.ai's. I will say that the 4.ai has a very beautiful sense of airiness and imaging, but for some reason I just can't stop thinking about the depth and clearness to the Ck10's. That is what really got me addicted to the Hifiman RE Zero's as my first ever IEM. What is odd to me is that the Ck100's is suppose to be an upgrade over the CK10's and yet, The CK10's is exactly on par and to my ear's slightly better than the 4.ai. The Clarity, balancing and a bit of sparkly highs of the Ck10's makes me believe that it's one of the Best Sounding IEM's ever created.

 


Last, Vsonic Gr07 vs Heir Audio 4.ai. This was pretty much a solid Even Match for the Vsonic Gr07' and the Heir Audio 4.ai'. I've had a couple of friends listen to figure out which of the two do they think deserves to be the winner, and well they both became a Tie. I will say that the Vsonic Gr07's has one of the sexiesssst sounding bass I've ever heard in IEM next to the Sony MDR ex1000. I did find the Heir Audio to have better Airiness than the Vsonic Gr07's and slightly wider soundstage but barely. The Vsonic Gr07's IMO are the one of the king's of overall balanced sound signature  while still remaining fun with such an addicting euphoric sound even for a $179.99 IEM. This is also the reason why I wanted the SE 5way because it has the closest sound signature to the LCD Audeze and Gr07's. The Heir Audio does not let the Vsonic Gr07's take the win, The Heir Audio 4.ai fight's back with a great sense of imaging, and beautiful sounding highs that I've found listening to my favorite songs more than the Vsonic's Gr07. It gave the music a different feeling, but as soon I plug the Vsonic Gr07's back in the Gr07's says ( That was good, Now Watch this! ).

 


I will say the Heir Audio 4.ai is a nice sounding IEM, but for $399.99 Seem's so damn overpriced to me. I am a bit disappointed of reading the overhyped comments of the 4.ai, when it can barely compete against $150.00 + IEM"s. I had such high expectations for the 4.ai only to find out that it sounds like a $200.00 IEM, and there's a lot of lower priced IEM's that will push the 4.ai back on it's ass. It doesn't do anything bad and really it doesn't do anything good. It's just a good sounding IEM, and I feel I can get that exact sound for a cheaper price. Although, In the end I did find that I liked them better than my Re262's, Westone 2's and heck I even thought they even sounded better than the SM3's. But The Heir Audio 4.ai does not justify it's price for  me, and I wished that I didn't spend this amount of money on an IEM to get the impression of "That's it?"

 

 

This may not be a good review, but im just giving my thoughts and my opinion upon this IEM.

 

Thankyou


Edited by Poetic - 4/19/13 at 8:55pm
post #6590 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic View Post

<wall of text>

 

Thanks for your honest opinions.  The 4.Ai is a great IEM, but it comes with many comprimises, mainly in the lower treble and upper mids. I do agree that if you read through this thread, it makes the 4.Ai seem much better than it actually is. 

 

*also, the real reason why I quoted this, your comparisons would be a lot easier to read through if you hit the enter key a few more times :p I'd also put on a flame shield soon too ;) 

post #6591 of 7980
deleted
Edited by Mimouille - 4/19/13 at 11:48pm
post #6592 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic View Post

Hello Everyone just received my Heir Audio 4.ai's a couple days ago. Although I am new too reviewing here on headfi,  im going to post my Honest Impressions of 4.Ai. I've given the 4.ai a total of 66 hours, and Let's just say I am not impressed at all. For $399.99 I had high expectations of completely being an upgrade over $150.00 + IEM's and well I was completely wrong. I was already skeptical of buying a $400.00 IEM in the first place because most of them in that price range is very overpriced. Comparisons I've done so far were against the Brainwavz B2, Audio Technica Ck-10, Vsonic Gr07. The Heir Audio 4.ai sounds similar to the brainwavz b2, and the most noticeable part is bass. I will give the Heir Audio 4.ai higher bass detail than the Brainwavz B2, but as for the clarity and crispy high's I have found that the Brainwavz B2 still competes with the Heir Audio 4.ai in it's clarity section even if with the  4.ai has better instrument separation. Lots of people believe the Heir Audio 4.ai sounds like the Brainwavz B2 on steroids, and well not technically and I've came to the conclusion that im not missing anything that the 4.ai offer that the Brainwavz doesn't except mainly bass...

 

Next, The Audio Technica ATH CK-10's vs the Heir Audio 4.ai. These 2 really had a clashing battle, but if you want to hear a Brainwavz B2 on steroids??? pick up the Ck10's, it's truly a remarkable IEM. The Ck10's sounds overall balanced while not sounding too dry or boring to my ear's. The Midrange of the Ck10's sound so beautiful especially vocals compared to the 4.ai. The Bass of the 4.ai I will say is better than the Ck10's but the Ck10's have that clean bass that's seems perfect to the ear. I'm not a basshead, and I do like good bass. But asides from that I will say that the instruments on the CK10's sounds a lot more refined than the 4.ai's. I will say that the 4.ai has a very beautiful sense of airiness and imaging, but for some reason I just can't stop thinking about the depth and clearness to the Ck10's. That is what really got me addicted to the Hifiman RE Zero's as my first ever IEM. What is odd to me is that the Ck100's is suppose to be an upgrade over the CK10's and yet, The CK10's is exactly on par and to my ear's slightly better than the 4.ai. The Clarity, balancing and a bit of sparkly highs of the Ck10's makes me believe that it's one of the Best Sounding IEM's ever created.

 

Last, Vsonic Gr07 vs Heir Audio 4.ai. This was pretty much a solid Even Match for the Vsonic Gr07' and the Heir Audio 4.ai'. I've had a couple of friends listen to figure out which of the two do they think deservers to be the winner, and well they both became a Tie. I will say that the Vsonic Gr07's has one of the sexiesssst sounding bass I've ever heard in IEM next to the Sony MDR ex1000. I did find the Heir Audio to have better Airiness than the Vsonic Gr07's and slightly wider soundstage but barely. The Vsonic Gr07's IMO are the one of the king's of overall balanced sound signature  while still remaining fun with such an addicting euphoric sound even for a $179.99 IEM. This is also the reason why I wanted the SE 5way because it has the closest sound signature to the LCD Audeze and Gr07's. The Heir Audio does not let the Vsonic Gr07's take the win, The Heir Audio 4.ai fight's back with a great sense of imaging, and beautiful sounding highs that I've found listening to my favorite songs more than the Vsonic's Gr07. It gave the music a different feeling, but as soon I plug the Vsonic Gr07's back in the Gr07's says ( That was good, Now Watch this! ).

 

I will say the Heir Audio 4.ai is a nice sounding IEM, but for $399.99 Seem's so damn overpriced to me. I am a bit disappointed of reading the overhyped comments of the 4.ai, when it can barely compete against $150.00 + IEM"s. I had such high expectations for the 4.ai only to find out that it sounds like a $200.00 IEM, and there's a lot of lower priced IEM's that will push the 4.ai back on it's ass. It doesn't do anything bad and really it doesn't do anything good. It's just a good sounding IEM, and I feel I can get that exact sound for a cheaper price. Although, In the end I did find that I liked them better than my Re262's, Westone 2's and heck I even thought they even sounded better than the SM3's. But The Heir Audio 4.ai does not justify it's price for  me, and I wished that I didn't spend this amount of money on an IEM to get the impression of "That's it?"

 

 

This may not be a good review, but im just giving my thoughts and my opinion upon this IEM.

 

Thankyou

EDITED

post #6593 of 7980

Deleted. 


Edited by cravenz - 4/19/13 at 8:52pm
post #6594 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic View Post

Hello Everyone just received my Heir Audio 4.ai's a couple days ago. Although I am new too reviewing here on headfi,  im going to post my Honest Impressions of 4.Ai. I've given the 4.ai a total of 66 hours, and Let's just say I am not impressed at all. For $399.99 I had high expectations of completely being an upgrade over $150.00 + IEM's and well I was completely wrong. I was already skeptical of buying a $400.00 IEM in the first place because most of them in that price range is very overpriced. Comparisons I've done so far were against the Brainwavz B2, Audio Technica Ck-10, Vsonic Gr07. The Heir Audio 4.ai sounds similar to the brainwavz b2, and the most noticeable part is bass. I will give the Heir Audio 4.ai higher bass detail than the Brainwavz B2, but as for the clarity and crispy high's I have found that the Brainwavz B2 still competes with the Heir Audio 4.ai in it's clarity section even if with the  4.ai has better instrument separation. Lots of people believe the Heir Audio 4.ai sounds like the Brainwavz B2 on steroids, and well not technically and I've came to the conclusion that im not missing anything that the 4.ai offer that the Brainwavz doesn't except mainly bass...

 

Next, The Audio Technica ATH CK-10's vs the Heir Audio 4.ai. These 2 really had a clashing battle, but if you want to hear a Brainwavz B2 on steroids??? pick up the Ck10's, it's truly a remarkable IEM. The Ck10's sounds overall balanced while not sounding too dry or boring to my ear's. The Midrange of the Ck10's sound so beautiful especially vocals compared to the 4.ai. The Bass of the 4.ai I will say is better than the Ck10's but the Ck10's have that clean bass that's seems perfect to the ear. I'm not a basshead, and I do like good bass. But asides from that I will say that the instruments on the CK10's sounds a lot more refined than the 4.ai's. I will say that the 4.ai has a very beautiful sense of airiness and imaging, but for some reason I just can't stop thinking about the depth and clearness to the Ck10's. That is what really got me addicted to the Hifiman RE Zero's as my first ever IEM. What is odd to me is that the Ck100's is suppose to be an upgrade over the CK10's and yet, The CK10's is exactly on par and to my ear's slightly better than the 4.ai. The Clarity, balancing and a bit of sparkly highs of the Ck10's makes me believe that it's one of the Best Sounding IEM's ever created.

 

Last, Vsonic Gr07 vs Heir Audio 4.ai. This was pretty much a solid Even Match for the Vsonic Gr07' and the Heir Audio 4.ai'. I've had a couple of friends listen to figure out which of the two do they think deservers to be the winner, and well they both became a Tie. I will say that the Vsonic Gr07's has one of the sexiesssst sounding bass I've ever heard in IEM next to the Sony MDR ex1000. I did find the Heir Audio to have better Airiness than the Vsonic Gr07's and slightly wider soundstage but barely. The Vsonic Gr07's IMO are the one of the king's of overall balanced sound signature  while still remaining fun with such an addicting euphoric sound even for a $179.99 IEM. This is also the reason why I wanted the SE 5way because it has the closest sound signature to the LCD Audeze and Gr07's. The Heir Audio does not let the Vsonic Gr07's take the win, The Heir Audio 4.ai fight's back with a great sense of imaging, and beautiful sounding highs that I've found listening to my favorite songs more than the Vsonic's Gr07. It gave the music a different feeling, but as soon I plug the Vsonic Gr07's back in the Gr07's says ( That was good, Now Watch this! ).

 

I will say the Heir Audio 4.ai is a nice sounding IEM, but for $399.99 Seem's so damn overpriced to me. I am a bit disappointed of reading the overhyped comments of the 4.ai, when it can barely compete against $150.00 + IEM"s. I had such high expectations for the 4.ai only to find out that it sounds like a $200.00 IEM, and there's a lot of lower priced IEM's that will push the 4.ai back on it's ass. It doesn't do anything bad and really it doesn't do anything good. It's just a good sounding IEM, and I feel I can get that exact sound for a cheaper price. Although, In the end I did find that I liked them better than my Re262's, Westone 2's and heck I even thought they even sounded better than the SM3's. But The Heir Audio 4.ai does not justify it's price for  me, and I wished that I didn't spend this amount of money on an IEM to get the impression of "That's it?"

 

 

This may not be a good review, but im just giving my thoughts and my opinion upon this IEM.

 

Thankyou

Good impressionsbiggrin.gif While I disagree strongly, I hope that this is a review that people who are buying the 4.Ai will take into consideration. As there haven't been any bad reviews on the 4.Ai, and you seem to own other IEM's around the $200 mark. 

post #6595 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Good impressionsbiggrin.gif While I disagree strongly, I hope that this is a review that people who are buying the 4.Ai will take into consideration. As there haven't been any bad reviews on the 4.Ai, and you seem to own other IEM's around the $200 mark. 

Thanks, we all have our different opinion's, and it all comes down to what you like. I think im done searching for high priced Universals because I can't seem to find what I want and it seems like im constantly losing money. I want an end be all CIEM and I honestly believe the SE 5way is that CIEM for me. I'm going to have to sell a few things then get it shipped to someone I know in the UK in order to get it. I was very upset upon listening to the 4.ai but I've gotten over it, maybe it will improve over time. But the first impressions always give me the best one's. Some of you may disagree on my review, but that's just generally how I feel... But anyways thankyou wolf, :)

post #6596 of 7980

Thanks for the honest review. It's always better to be honest with oneself instead of buttering things up which can also be misleading in the end to potential customers. Based on the reviews I never considered it as an option mainly due to my sound signature preferences. That is why I went for the 8A instead (but did consider the 6A at one point). I really didn't find anything special with the RE262 though and I'd hope the 4Ai would be quite an upgrade from that (I was very much disappointed and underwhelmed with the RE262 :( )....
 

PS: I thought you didn't like the RE262 based on our conversations earlier on as well?


Edited by lee730 - 4/19/13 at 10:19pm
post #6597 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Thanks for the honest review. It's always better to be honest with oneself instead of buttering things up which can also be misleading in the end to potential customers. Based on the reviews I never considered it as an option mainly due to my sound signature preferences. That is why I went for the 8A instead (but did consider the 6A at one point). I really didn't find anything special with the RE262 though and I'd hope the 4Ai would be quite an upgrade from that....
 

PS: I thought you didn't like the RE262 based on our conversations earlier on our well?

Heir 6A! Thought you mistyped, but there is a 6A.. But none on the website. Strange.


Edited by wolfetan44 - 4/19/13 at 10:20pm
post #6598 of 7980

It has been discontinued until further notice but was suppose to be more in line with the JH13 from what I heard.
 

post #6599 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

It has been discontinued until further notice but was suppose to be more in line with the JH13 from what I heard.
 

Ohh.

post #6600 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Thanks for the honest review. It's always better to be honest with oneself instead of buttering things up which can also be misleading in the end to potential customers. Based on the reviews I never considered it as an option mainly due to my sound signature preferences. That is why I went for the 8A instead (but did consider the 6A at one point). I really didn't find anything special with the RE262 though and I'd hope the 4Ai would be quite an upgrade from that (I was very much disappointed and underwhelmed with the RE262 :( )....
 

PS: I thought you didn't like the RE262 based on our conversations earlier on as well?

They didn't sound as good to me on the Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary, The Mid's felt tooo strong for my taste. So I shipped them back to amazon. When I got the DX100, my dad wanted to hear how they would sound on the DX100 and they sounded a lot better and the mid's were tamed better than the 3rd Anniversary so I decided to keep them. The RE262's are good, but now the RE-400 sound better. I would like to know how the RE-600 sound that is soon to be released.


Edited by Poetic - 4/19/13 at 11:58pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread