Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 388  

post #5806 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post


I can clearly see Richard Millhouse Nixon in the left ear piece and he was no lefty!


On the other hand those ear pieces look like they belong to different ears altogether :-D

post #5807 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspivak View Post

 

I see it....I see it....I don't see it. But the one on the left looks like South America.:-)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Quite obvious: the left tip is blue and the right one looks more red.

 

Now that you guys mention it on mine I think I see Richard Nixon's big nose in the left faceplate and Hillary Clinton sunbathing in the right faceplate. You got to really squint and have a few shots in you to see it clearly though.


Edited by DigitalFreak - 3/4/13 at 9:38pm
post #5808 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post


I can clearly see Richard Millhouse Nixon in the left ear piece and he was no lefty!


Maybe you see Nixon everywhere :)

post #5809 of 7980

I just got another email, my 4A's are being shipped ksc75smile.gif

post #5810 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

I just got another email, my 4A's are being shipped ksc75smile.gif

Nice!! smily_headphones1.gif

Also, did anyone else get their hands on the 5.0? Does Anyone want to write a review on them? smily_headphones1.gif
post #5811 of 7980

Ok

 

So I'm trying to contact heir audio uk via "heir.audio@yahoo.co.uk" but all I get is an error message.  Anyone else had that?  Trying to find out how much the 3ai and 4ai are in the uk.

 

Cheers

post #5812 of 7980

It'll be the dollar price shown on the website plus shipping, at whatever days conversion rate when you order, but the email address has changed over the last few days -

 

heiraudiouk@micro-dsp.com

 

Hope this helps!

post #5813 of 7980

Cheers for that!

post #5814 of 7980

I'll be writing a review when I get them with detailed comparisons to my SM64....
 

post #5815 of 7980

Well, I've given my ears a month to get used to my 4.As and unfortunately they still feel uncomfortable. Fortunately, I've got a much better idea of what I need to do for impressions this time (bite block please!) so I'm hoping a refit will make everything better.

 

It's going to be hard not having access to them though; I wasn't sure how much I was going to like the sound coming from LCD-2s, but the 4.As have just blown me away. While I think the LCD-2s sound a little better overall, the isolation with the 4.As means I'm actually hearing more and better detail without destroying my hearing.

 

Now I just need to forget about them for the next month or two while I wait...

post #5816 of 7980

So my ciem's are supposed to arrive this friday. I've never owned IEM's before so I am not so sure on how to insert them in my ear. I've noticed a lot of people in this thread at first did not know how to properly insert their CIEM's. How do you do it? How can I ensure that my CIEM has a proper fit? Any tests I should conduct?

 

Also, any tips on ear wax and cleaning? Should I be cleaning my ears regularly? How do I do that? How do I clean my 4A's?

post #5817 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious7 View Post

So my ciem's are supposed to arrive this friday. I've never owned IEM's before so I am not so sure on how to insert them in my ear. I've noticed a lot of people in this thread at first did not know how to properly insert their CIEM's. How do you do it? How can I ensure that my CIEM has a proper fit? Any tests I should conduct?

 

Also, any tips on ear wax and cleaning? Should I be cleaning my ears regularly? How do I do that? How do I clean my 4A's?

 

 

Hey, it's me from a month ago!

 

I found inserting them pretty easy, I start with them rotated forward and push them in while rotating them back (rotating the top of the CIEM towards the back of my head). Once the tip is in my ear I then rotate them slightly forward again to hook the front part near the cable under the flap of my ear.

 

For seal tests you can use this for a general test: http://www.sensaphonics.com/?page_id=833  It's a couple tones that test whether you have a seal by testing if you can hear the bass tone since that's what you lose first.

Also, if you lose seal you should hear it as a noticeable increase in background noise and some amount of white noise / air movement sound.

And an easy test is to rub your fingers together next to your ear, for me if I can hear any of the slight higher-pitched noise from that then I don't have a good seal.

 

Your CIEMs come with a cleaning tool that you can use to clean the sound tubes with; other than that just wipe them down occasionally with a damp cloth or something and you should be good.

post #5818 of 7980

It sounds obvious but do a search on youtube for inserting custom iems, should get at least a couple!

post #5819 of 7980

nice audio seal link!

post #5820 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant00 View Post

 

 

Hey, it's me from a month ago!

 

I found inserting them pretty easy, I start with them rotated forward and push them in while rotating them back (rotating the top of the CIEM towards the back of my head). Once the tip is in my ear I then rotate them slightly forward again to hook the front part near the cable under the flap of my ear.

 

For seal tests you can use this for a general test: http://www.sensaphonics.com/?page_id=833  It's a couple tones that test whether you have a seal by testing if you can hear the bass tone since that's what you lose first.

Also, if you lose seal you should hear it as a noticeable increase in background noise and some amount of white noise / air movement sound.

And an easy test is to rub your fingers together next to your ear, for me if I can hear any of the slight higher-pitched noise from that then I don't have a good seal.

 

Your CIEMs come with a cleaning tool that you can use to clean the sound tubes with; other than that just wipe them down occasionally with a damp cloth or something and you should be good.

Cool. Thanks for the seal test. Will definitely take a look at that. Also, do you clean your ears? I've read online that one should not clean their ears because the wax is natural just make sure you rinse it with water. But I think I've seen a post in this thread where someone's wax may have clogged up their ciem tubes? Should I be worried?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread