Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 365  

post #5461 of 7980
Haha thanks guys, but all the credit for that gorgeous face plate goes to the Wizard, I messed up the original design pretty bad the first time round, luckily he managed to salvage it smily_headphones1.gif
post #5462 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteGene View Post

I read your previous post in this thread, my only comment is that you should think before you post replies as it might potentially affect their business.

IMO any can promote their products in this forum, but we head-fi'ers know which service provider actually excellent services consistently,

post responsibly man...
My posts express my opinion in a civil and measured manner so please do not lecture me. My posts will certainly not affect their business and I could be one of their next clients as I find the answers of the Wizard honest and convincing. And on top, of lecturing me you now represent "we headfiers". Please...

Ok edit, because I do not want things to blow out of proportions. I am sorry if anyone was offended by my posts...I will post more neutral opinions.

From the sound of things Heir is flooded with business and, if the responses in this thread are any indication, customer satisfaction is extremely high. So I think it's safe to say that one negative or critical voice is hardly going to hurt their bottom-line. Besides, if saying negative things on Head-fi hurt a company's business then Beats and Monster would file for bankruptcy tomorrow.

@Mimouille: Never be afraid of sharing your opinions, regardless of their reception. But do focus on how you present them. To anyone who sees me around the site (or ever knew me personally) they'd see that statement as highly ironic, coming from me. But it's something we all strive for. Having a researched and considered opinion, regardless of how others feel about it, is never a bad thing. Throwing it in people's faces, however, is. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, not in the slightest, so please do not take it that way. That one is more of myself. But, perhaps, if I could suggest, you might want to be a little more politic about the expression of your views, especially given you're in a den of loyal supporters.

Your opinion here is especially valued given that, without it, this thread could become something of a circle-jerk. Yes, we all love Heir and their products. Yes, they do wonderful things in the community. But no one is perfect and, even if they were, everyone needs someone to make sure they strive to be better. Pointing at perceived flaws in the things we love is just as important as praising them.

Please take my comments in the jovial-natured was they were intended.
post #5463 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougofTheAbaci View Post

From the sound of things Heir is flooded with business and, if the responses in this thread are any indication, customer satisfaction is extremely high. So I think it's safe to say that one negative or critical voice is hardly going to hurt their bottom-line. Besides, if saying negative things on Head-fi hurt a company's business then Beats and Monster would file for bankruptcy tomorrow.

@Mimouille: Never be afraid of sharing your opinions, regardless of their reception. But do focus on how you present them. To anyone who sees me around the site (or ever knew me personally) they'd see that statement as highly ironic, coming from me. But it's something we all strive for. Having a researched and considered opinion, regardless of how others feel about it, is never a bad thing. Throwing it in people's faces, however, is. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, not in the slightest, so please do not take it that way. That one is more of myself. But, perhaps, if I could suggest, you might want to be a little more politic about the expression of your views, especially given you're in a den of loyal supporters.

Your opinion here is especially valued given that, without it, this thread could become something of a circle-jerk. Yes, we all love Heir and their products. Yes, they do wonderful things in the community. But no one is perfect and, even if they were, everyone needs someone to make sure they strive to be better. Pointing at perceived flaws in the things we love is just as important as praising them.

Please take my comments in the jovial-natured was they were intended.
I think we are in total jovial agreement.
post #5464 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougofTheAbaci View Post


From the sound of things Heir is flooded with business and, if the responses in this thread are any indication, customer satisfaction is extremely high. So I think it's safe to say that one negative or critical voice is hardly going to hurt their bottom-line. Besides, if saying negative things on Head-fi hurt a company's business then Beats and Monster would file for bankruptcy tomorrow.

 

 

 

     Doug, thanks for the comparison to Beats etc.....  but the reality is, I walk to work, not because I want to, but because I can't afford any other means. We work hard, and do the best with what we can with what little we have. Every inch forward is gained literally through blood, sweat and yes even tears. (It sounds cliche but it is the truth)

 

I can tell you with experience, that the comments here do in fact impact us either postive of for the negative.  The net is a wonderful tool, but it also can spread negativity extremely fast. Head Fi is watched from the fall corners of the globe. I get e-mails from Finland, Kuwait, Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, Korea, Japan etc etc.   We have sold products to over 30 countries thus far, all due to Head Fi world wide readership.

 

For those that have come forward with positive remarks.....  each one makes my heart stop a little....  each one surprises me.  Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and share your expereince.   For those that think a jab in jest here and there....  is really nothing as Heir Audio is a financial power house.  This is not the case, we scratch for every inch. I nor my wife do not have health insurance. She is now in her home country, there she will remain and give birth to our baby girl. In her home country she has health insurance, and she is also sourounded by family.

 

As I said, blood, sweat and tears. The blood, from the time to times lab workers are cut with our tools, the sweat as we walk to work, the tears....   as I think of what my wife has had to indure without complaint because her husband has an obsession.....   and also for the green set of CIEMs that were requested as a memorial....  to think someone would trust us with that is rather moveing.

 

Is this to say Heir Audio is the best due to this sacrifice?  Nah, I doubt we are the first nor the last audio company that has been born through sacrifice. I have no doubt the Grado family have a lot of stories to tell.

 

 

Wizard

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

post #5465 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobmachine View Post

Haha thanks guys, but all the credit for that gorgeous face plate goes to the Wizard, I messed up the original design pretty bad the first time round, luckily he managed to salvage it smily_headphones1.gif

 

   Yes I was very surprised how the wood inlays made such a dramatic effect (original to know)  Before the cocobolo just was kind of "there" now it has more Zing.

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

post #5466 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

I can tell you with experience, that the comments here do in fact impact us either postive of for the negative.  The net is a wonderful tool, but it also can spread negativity extremely fast. Head Fi is watched from the fall corners of the globe. I get e-mails from Finland, Kuwait, Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, Korea, Japan etc etc.   We have sold products to over 30 countries thus far, all due to Head Fi world wide readership.

I've heard similar remarks from people involved in the trade but don't (yet) participate on Head-Fi: opinions on this site have worldwide reach. A positive review can have a meaningful effect to the bottom line of a company that's starting out. It's important to be honest about what you think, but also to be considerate in what you say.
post #5467 of 7980
I listen to a really wide variety of music and it’s not uncommon for my commute to and from work to range as widely as scandinavian jazz to indie pop. I say this hoping you won’t judge me too harshly with what comes next…

On my way home today I was surprised with a little Skillex and wow! I felt like someone was punching me in the chest with every beat! The bass is some of the most solid I’ve ever heard from a headphone and, better still, I couldn’t hear any distortion or drop in the mids or highs. How the hell do you do that? At one point I actually took one side out of my head and looked at it. Such a small thing and it makes such impactful bass…

I have come to the only logical conclusion: My 8.A is a TARDIS and is bigger on the inside as the only way you can get hat kind of bass is with a subwoofer.

Wizard, I have a small apartment; please share your secrets with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

Doug, thanks for the comparison to Beats etc...

And Monster! Technically, I compared you to both. wink.gif
Edited by DougofTheAbaci - 2/20/13 at 7:05pm
post #5468 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamashii View Post

Indeed wink_face.gif

 

That is lucky... where are you situated? 

Well I live in USA. On the 1st attempt, I was not at home. So, the UPS driver left a noticeinfo on my door and ask me to pay 57.47 usd. When I got home and see it, I made a check immediately. On the 2nd attempt, the UPS driver knocked my door and give me the package. I asked him if I need to pay anything. He looked at his paper and say no. So, I just save 57.47 usd. That's very lucky.


Edited by king8888 - 2/20/13 at 7:15pm
post #5469 of 7980
Can you 100 percent avoid customs if u ship it to mainland china and ur friend puts.it in a different.box and declares it a gift under 40bucks?
post #5470 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihaitachi View Post

Can you 100 percent avoid customs if u ship it to mainland china and ur friend puts.it in a different.box and declares it a gift under 40bucks?


Theoretically yes, but then if it gets lost, the shipping company will give you...40 bucks.

post #5471 of 7980
And wow to the blood sweat and tears. Never thought head-fi.org could be quite so emotional :...(
post #5472 of 7980

I highly suspect most if not all CIEM companies are started pretty much from scratch by people with a passion.

 

And if you have to uproot yourself from your home country, move to a different country, learn to integrate into or at least accept a different culture both socially and in business, not have loved ones in the same place... come on it's going to take a toll.

 

So, to Wizard and all staff at Heir Audio, you have my utmost admiration and respect.

post #5473 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

 

 

     Doug, thanks for the comparison to Beats etc.....  but the reality is, I walk to work, not because I want to, but because I can't afford any other means. We work hard, and do the best with what we can with what little we have. Every inch forward is gained literally through blood, sweat and yes even tears. (It sounds cliche but it is the truth)

 

I can tell you with experience, that the comments here do in fact impact us either postive of for the negative.  The net is a wonderful tool, but it also can spread negativity extremely fast. Head Fi is watched from the fall corners of the globe. I get e-mails from Finland, Kuwait, Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, Korea, Japan etc etc.   We have sold products to over 30 countries thus far, all due to Head Fi world wide readership.

 

For those that have come forward with positive remarks.....  each one makes my heart stop a little....  each one surprises me.  Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and share your expereince.   For those that think a jab in jest here and there....  is really nothing as Heir Audio is a financial power house.  This is not the case, we scratch for every inch. I nor my wife do not have health insurance. She is now in her home country, there she will remain and give birth to our baby girl. In her home country she has health insurance, and she is also sourounded by family.

 

As I said, blood, sweat and tears. The blood, from the time to times lab workers are cut with our tools, the sweat as we walk to work, the tears....   as I think of what my wife has had to indure without complaint because her husband has an obsession.....   and also for the green set of CIEMs that were requested as a memorial....  to think someone would trust us with that is rather moveing.

 

Is this to say Heir Audio is the best due to this sacrifice?  Nah, I doubt we are the first nor the last audio company that has been born through sacrifice. I have no doubt the Grado family have a lot of stories to tell.

 

 

Wizard

 

Try to think of it from another perspective. Even with negative feedback you can take it into consideration and improve upon such situations the next time around. Disregarding it is not good, especially if it is warranted. That is how I think of it. If you were wrong then accept it, apologize and offer a solution. That is my philosophy. I do have pride yet I am also very humble at the same time (I'm probably more humble than anything). If anything showing such humility will actually garner you support and people will respect you even more.


Edited by lee730 - 2/20/13 at 9:08pm
post #5474 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkteo View Post

I highly suspect most if not all CIEM companies are started pretty much from scratch by people with a passion.

 

And if you have to uproot yourself from your home country, move to a different country, learn to integrate into or at least accept a different culture both socially and in business, not have loved ones in the same place... come on it's going to take a toll.

 

So, to Wizard and all staff at Heir Audio, you have my utmost admiration and respect.

True that!

 

On a rather more anticlimactic note, how is the Heir Audio's Rendition Amp?

post #5475 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihaitachi View Post

True that!

 

On a rather more anticlimactic note, how is the Heir Audio's Rendition Amp?

 

The UPS guy is bringing me one today according to the tracking info.. I'll make sure to let you know redface.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread