Very happy to see you guys enjoying the 8.A so much - even though it does make me miss mine even more
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 358post #5356 of 79802/15/13 at 11:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5357 of 79802/16/13 at 12:01amQuote:
Just want to thicken them up a little. Well the left ear, the right is a nice fit.
Really comfy never the less and I've fallen asleep with them in my ears a lot already.
I didn't know nail polish could melt in your ears. Thanks.post #5358 of 79802/16/13 at 12:05amQuote:
I could fall asleep with mine if I sleep on my back but no way if I wanted to lie on my stomach or side (very uncomfortable then, like all IEMs lol). I like being able to lie down and not breaking the seal. I really don't break the seal with them in at all which is quite nice. :)post #5359 of 79802/16/13 at 12:59am
So you guys think that the heirs change with burn-in? I think my tzar 350 have changed too. I'm not entirely sure, because I was continually messing up with tips and equalizer, so I don't really know if burn-in also changed the sound. But I think that before, even with the EQ I couldn't tame the peak around 6-7khz, while now, with the EQ I can tame 80% of it...though there is still abour 20% of brightness which I can't eliminate without affecting other frequencies, or incurring in clipping for excessive EQ.post #5360 of 79802/16/13 at 2:52ampost #5361 of 79802/16/13 at 3:04ampost #5362 of 79802/16/13 at 3:15ampost #5363 of 79802/16/13 at 3:18am
Yeah. Looking at my other CIEMs that's not the case with them.. Hopefully I won't need to send them back
Actually, the other set of Heir CIEMs I have with me look nothing like the 6.A's in the picture. That's a bit worryingpost #5364 of 79802/16/13 at 3:24amQuote:
lol I know how you feel ;). Still I'm enjoying my IEMs so much I really don't want to send them back..... But it's really also a matter of principal in this case so....post #5365 of 79802/16/13 at 3:28ampost #5366 of 79802/16/13 at 5:44am
Phew... It's been a long time since I last posted in this thread, I sent my impressions mid-november, but I wasn't sure they had received my impressions, they never sent me a confirmation email, I thought that the chinese postal service had lost them and was about to send them a new pair of impressions through UPS this time, but I just received this morning a confirmation email saying that my order was complete and that they were waiting for a confirmation and an address before sending them. Pretty excited about it, can't wait to have them! My design is traditional, didn't have enough money to add options, but I really like how they look. Happy/Impatient!post #5367 of 79802/16/13 at 8:09amQuote:
Oh..my bad. I forgot it was you that was having a questionable fit. Now it makes sense. Ha haQuote:
Wow, Shiny! Those look like a fairly deep fit, maybe that is the difference? The 6.A's should be really special. You know, I have really really really been enjoying the combo of the 4.A/8.A. The 4.A sounds just like a bit more polished version of the 4.Ai which I loved so much. I am very happy with the 4.A, it is just awesome. The 8.A is also just stunning as well. Good at different things. So much fun. Both CIEM's are so good....but...
I wish I had gotten in on a 6.A when they were available. I would love to have the 4/6/8 combo. To cover all the bases. Crazy? maybe. Let's hope the Wizard is working an another new version!Quote:Originally Posted by Freddychuk
Phew... It's been a long time since I last posted in this thread, I sent my impressions mid-november, but I wasn't sure they had received my impressions, they never sent me a confirmation email, I thought that the chinese postal service had lost them and was about to send them a new pair of impressions through UPS this time, but I just received this morning a confirmation email saying that my order was complete and that they were waiting for a confirmation and an address before sending them. Pretty excited about it, can't wait to have them! My design is traditional, didn't have enough money to add options, but I really like how they look. Happy/Impatient!
Pictures? please please?post #5368 of 79802/16/13 at 8:35ampost #5369 of 79802/16/13 at 8:55ampost #5370 of 79802/16/13 at 8:55amQuote:
I painted my 4.A left earpiece since I was having fit issues, if you do it carefully layer by layer until you get the right fit you won't have any problem but you have to be patient when doing it since you have to let dry each layer! if anything just remove the paint Carefully! I used a special paint used to paint glass, I did it like that because I did not want to spend more money on shipping and handling plus the time you have to wait to get them back, you might see the picture on my 8.A review.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Heir Audio 4.ANo reviews yet.
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 2 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 22 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 39 seconds ago
- › Fiio x5 vs Ibasso dx90 45 seconds ago
- › iFi iPurifier and/or Ultra Fi Aubisque USB Filter 1 minute ago
- › Using a subwoofer with headphones, is it a bad idea? 1 minute ago
- › Budget can for movies 1 minute ago
- › Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 3 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude