Very happy to see you guys enjoying the 8.A so much - even though it does make me miss mine even more
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
1) Initial Impression The silver cable is very well made, a great product from Singapore. The sleeves feel very smooth with no rubbery texture. The audio jack and the Y splitter is the standard...
Introduction – Although they are the highest terms of numbering, the R2000DB still occupy the second highest performance bracket just below the S1000DB. With a considerably increased asking price,...
Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Yamaha UK for the sample. Full review...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 358post #5356 of 79802/15/13 at 11:00pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #5357 of 79802/16/13 at 12:01amQuote:
Just want to thicken them up a little. Well the left ear, the right is a nice fit.
Really comfy never the less and I've fallen asleep with them in my ears a lot already.
I didn't know nail polish could melt in your ears. Thanks.post #5358 of 79802/16/13 at 12:05amQuote:
I could fall asleep with mine if I sleep on my back but no way if I wanted to lie on my stomach or side (very uncomfortable then, like all IEMs lol). I like being able to lie down and not breaking the seal. I really don't break the seal with them in at all which is quite nice. :)post #5359 of 79802/16/13 at 12:59am
So you guys think that the heirs change with burn-in? I think my tzar 350 have changed too. I'm not entirely sure, because I was continually messing up with tips and equalizer, so I don't really know if burn-in also changed the sound. But I think that before, even with the EQ I couldn't tame the peak around 6-7khz, while now, with the EQ I can tame 80% of it...though there is still abour 20% of brightness which I can't eliminate without affecting other frequencies, or incurring in clipping for excessive EQ.post #5360 of 79802/16/13 at 2:52ampost #5361 of 79802/16/13 at 3:04ampost #5362 of 79802/16/13 at 3:15ampost #5363 of 79802/16/13 at 3:18am
Yeah. Looking at my other CIEMs that's not the case with them.. Hopefully I won't need to send them back
Actually, the other set of Heir CIEMs I have with me look nothing like the 6.A's in the picture. That's a bit worryingpost #5364 of 79802/16/13 at 3:24amQuote:
lol I know how you feel ;). Still I'm enjoying my IEMs so much I really don't want to send them back..... But it's really also a matter of principal in this case so....post #5365 of 79802/16/13 at 3:28ampost #5366 of 79802/16/13 at 5:44am
Phew... It's been a long time since I last posted in this thread, I sent my impressions mid-november, but I wasn't sure they had received my impressions, they never sent me a confirmation email, I thought that the chinese postal service had lost them and was about to send them a new pair of impressions through UPS this time, but I just received this morning a confirmation email saying that my order was complete and that they were waiting for a confirmation and an address before sending them. Pretty excited about it, can't wait to have them! My design is traditional, didn't have enough money to add options, but I really like how they look. Happy/Impatient!post #5367 of 79802/16/13 at 8:09amQuote:
Oh..my bad. I forgot it was you that was having a questionable fit. Now it makes sense. Ha haQuote:
Wow, Shiny! Those look like a fairly deep fit, maybe that is the difference? The 6.A's should be really special. You know, I have really really really been enjoying the combo of the 4.A/8.A. The 4.A sounds just like a bit more polished version of the 4.Ai which I loved so much. I am very happy with the 4.A, it is just awesome. The 8.A is also just stunning as well. Good at different things. So much fun. Both CIEM's are so good....but...
I wish I had gotten in on a 6.A when they were available. I would love to have the 4/6/8 combo. To cover all the bases. Crazy? maybe. Let's hope the Wizard is working an another new version!Quote:Originally Posted by Freddychuk
Phew... It's been a long time since I last posted in this thread, I sent my impressions mid-november, but I wasn't sure they had received my impressions, they never sent me a confirmation email, I thought that the chinese postal service had lost them and was about to send them a new pair of impressions through UPS this time, but I just received this morning a confirmation email saying that my order was complete and that they were waiting for a confirmation and an address before sending them. Pretty excited about it, can't wait to have them! My design is traditional, didn't have enough money to add options, but I really like how they look. Happy/Impatient!
Pictures? please please?post #5368 of 79802/16/13 at 8:35ampost #5369 of 79802/16/13 at 8:55ampost #5370 of 79802/16/13 at 8:55amQuote:
I painted my 4.A left earpiece since I was having fit issues, if you do it carefully layer by layer until you get the right fit you won't have any problem but you have to be patient when doing it since you have to let dry each layer! if anything just remove the paint Carefully! I used a special paint used to paint glass, I did it like that because I did not want to spend more money on shipping and handling plus the time you have to wait to get them back, you might see the picture on my 8.A review.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › HE-350 vs HD 598 15 seconds ago
- › Opinions Wanted: Favorite cables for CIEMS 24 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › 2 Audeze Comfort Straps Available 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser's New HD Line of Affordable Headphones (HD 451, HD 461,... 4 minutes ago
- › iPhone7 Plus + Sony MDR-1A + ??? 4 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear