Where in the world are you located Lee?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz for providing me a sample of the S0 for review. This is only the second Brainwavz earphone I’ve had the pleasure to audition, the...
Introduction So here's my contribution to the growing collection of reviews on Rock Jaw's Alfa Genus. For those of you interested in purchasing a pair, hopefully this is a useful addition; for...
OK, before I get into my review of the MDR-Z7 I feel a need to give some background and history of my time on head-fi. It might help make sense of my love of this headphone and why at the same...
Thanks to Brainwavz for this review set of pleather and velour replacement pads. I bought a pair of the pleather models a year or so ago in an effort to make my wife's JVC S400's more comfortable...
To give you an idea of where I'm coming from I have owned JH audio JH5 IEMs, Fostex T50rps, and Audio Technica ATH-M50x's. My Fostex T50rps were issued to me at audio engineering school and were...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 357post #5341 of 79802/13/13 at 10:24pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #5342 of 79802/13/13 at 10:25pm
Hawaii. My package was dispatched on the 6th and didn't show up in San Francisco until the 9th. It reached me just later this afternoon so I went to the post office to pick it up. Seems EMS may be a viable option if you guys want to possibly avoid Customs charges. While it is not a guarantee, it also isn't a guarantee you will have to pay it unlike UPS and Fed Ex. I love USPS.
Edited by lee730 - 2/13/13 at 10:29pmpost #5343 of 79802/13/13 at 10:49pmQuote:
Yeah sorry to hear that. I've had 1 too many bad experiences with UPS. I think they are still pissed off at me for making them carry several 100 lbs Alienware Areas 51 PCs (up and down 5 flights of narrow stairs lol). I couldn't help it that is where I lived at one point and Dell kept giving me lemons. So they had to deliver and take away the lemons.... I remember actually injuring my back carrying that thing down the stairs the very first time... The box was like humongous lol. You could fit 3 of me in that box.... Since I had to go in all kinds of weird angles to get it down those stairs and with all that weight my back was killing me for over a month after that lol :P.
Edited by lee730 - 2/13/13 at 10:54pmpost #5344 of 79802/13/13 at 10:54pmYou guys are lucky you don t live in China, if you have something expensive delivered during Chinese New Year, the customs sometimes "lose" the package and take it to make presents for the family...post #5345 of 79802/13/13 at 10:56pmQuote:
Wow that sucks.... Surprisingly I've never really had too many bad experiences with China's mailing services. They generally are expedient in most circumstances (at least acceptable IMO). Probably the worst scenarios I've had with them is with the RMA Sflo2s sitting in customs for months due to the battery being illegal....post #5346 of 79802/13/13 at 11:05pmpost #5347 of 79802/13/13 at 11:21pmQuote:
I actually didn't have issues sending back 2 Studio Vs though? I mean I marked the packages as RMA mp3 player so not sure if that is why they didn't give me crap? More so the higher the value of the item listed I think the more issues you are likely to run into as well....
Edited by lee730 - 2/13/13 at 11:57pmpost #5348 of 79802/14/13 at 12:00pmpost #5349 of 79802/15/13 at 4:34pmpost #5350 of 79802/15/13 at 5:02pmpost #5351 of 79802/15/13 at 5:10pmpost #5352 of 79802/15/13 at 6:44pmpost #5353 of 79802/15/13 at 7:12pm
Update on the 8As. Really enjoying how they sound thus far. Fit isn't bad at all and I could probably even forgo doing adjustments. I'm still debating on that but I still intend on getting the left shell redone regardless. Otherwise I am extremely happy with this purchase and I highly recommend the 8A! :). I love how smooth and refined the treble is. It may lack in shimmer but the detail is still there in my case. You just have to listen for it (which I tend to like to do lol). Bass is very punchy and well controlled. Mids are neither very forward or distant and it actually depends on the tracks as well, so they are rather accurate in a sense or, true to the source. The gold cable I put on them has made them even more musical :).
Edited by lee730 - 2/15/13 at 7:14pmpost #5354 of 79802/15/13 at 9:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by lee730
Update on the 8As. Really enjoying how they sound thus far. Fit isn't bad at all and I could probably even forgo doing adjustments. I'm still debating on that but I still intend on getting the left shell redone regardless. Otherwise I am extremely happy with this purchase and I highly recommend the 8A! . I love how smooth and refined the treble is. It may lack in shimmer but the detail is still there in my case. You just have to listen for it (which I tend to like to do lol). Bass is very punchy and well controlled. Mids are neither very forward or distant and it actually depends on the tracks as well, so they are rather accurate in a sense or, true to the source. The gold cable I put on them has made them even more musical .
I have to agree. At times I felt the mids in the 8.A’s were forward but then they would feel recessed. I started paying attention and it varied from song to song. In the end I came to a conclusion: The mids are right in the center and very accurately move forward or back based on the song in the same way the level of bass reflects the recording.
So yeah, the more I listen to my 8.A’s the more I love them and the more perfect I think they sound. Nothing feels lacking. Nothing feels excessive. Everything sounds textured and nuanced. Everything sounds controlled. Everything sounds alive.
The one critique I would give is the age-old one of good headphones: Bad recordings will show. I have a copy of Bohemian Rhapsody where I can hear very mild distortion in some of the vocals that I couldn’t hear on my 4.A and don’t hear on my HE-500’s. I now need a better copy.
Still have my ears out for a new AMP/DAC. But only casually.post #5355 of 79802/15/13 at 9:30pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 8 seconds ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 37 seconds ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06A - A New Winner 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 4 minutes ago
- › STAX 009 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › Shure SRH840 by justyourboy
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by twister6
- › Meridian Explorer by dnun8086
- › Audio Technica ATH-WS55i Portable Headphones with Microphone for... by oThatsEric
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Kamakahah
- › Advices for catching the right home loan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3