Where in the world are you located Lee?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 357post #5341 of 79802/13/13 at 10:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5342 of 79802/13/13 at 10:25pm
Hawaii. My package was dispatched on the 6th and didn't show up in San Francisco until the 9th. It reached me just later this afternoon so I went to the post office to pick it up. Seems EMS may be a viable option if you guys want to possibly avoid Customs charges. While it is not a guarantee, it also isn't a guarantee you will have to pay it unlike UPS and Fed Ex. I love USPS.
Edited by lee730 - 2/13/13 at 10:29pmpost #5343 of 79802/13/13 at 10:49pmQuote:
Yeah sorry to hear that. I've had 1 too many bad experiences with UPS. I think they are still pissed off at me for making them carry several 100 lbs Alienware Areas 51 PCs (up and down 5 flights of narrow stairs lol). I couldn't help it that is where I lived at one point and Dell kept giving me lemons. So they had to deliver and take away the lemons.... I remember actually injuring my back carrying that thing down the stairs the very first time... The box was like humongous lol. You could fit 3 of me in that box.... Since I had to go in all kinds of weird angles to get it down those stairs and with all that weight my back was killing me for over a month after that lol :P.
Edited by lee730 - 2/13/13 at 10:54pmpost #5344 of 79802/13/13 at 10:54pmYou guys are lucky you don t live in China, if you have something expensive delivered during Chinese New Year, the customs sometimes "lose" the package and take it to make presents for the family...post #5345 of 79802/13/13 at 10:56pmQuote:
Wow that sucks.... Surprisingly I've never really had too many bad experiences with China's mailing services. They generally are expedient in most circumstances (at least acceptable IMO). Probably the worst scenarios I've had with them is with the RMA Sflo2s sitting in customs for months due to the battery being illegal....post #5346 of 79802/13/13 at 11:05pmpost #5347 of 79802/13/13 at 11:21pmQuote:
I actually didn't have issues sending back 2 Studio Vs though? I mean I marked the packages as RMA mp3 player so not sure if that is why they didn't give me crap? More so the higher the value of the item listed I think the more issues you are likely to run into as well....
Edited by lee730 - 2/13/13 at 11:57pmpost #5348 of 79802/14/13 at 12:00pmpost #5349 of 79802/15/13 at 4:34pmpost #5350 of 79802/15/13 at 5:02pmpost #5351 of 79802/15/13 at 5:10pmpost #5352 of 79802/15/13 at 6:44pmpost #5353 of 79802/15/13 at 7:12pm
Update on the 8As. Really enjoying how they sound thus far. Fit isn't bad at all and I could probably even forgo doing adjustments. I'm still debating on that but I still intend on getting the left shell redone regardless. Otherwise I am extremely happy with this purchase and I highly recommend the 8A! :). I love how smooth and refined the treble is. It may lack in shimmer but the detail is still there in my case. You just have to listen for it (which I tend to like to do lol). Bass is very punchy and well controlled. Mids are neither very forward or distant and it actually depends on the tracks as well, so they are rather accurate in a sense or, true to the source. The gold cable I put on them has made them even more musical :).
Edited by lee730 - 2/15/13 at 7:14pmpost #5354 of 79802/15/13 at 9:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by lee730
Update on the 8As. Really enjoying how they sound thus far. Fit isn't bad at all and I could probably even forgo doing adjustments. I'm still debating on that but I still intend on getting the left shell redone regardless. Otherwise I am extremely happy with this purchase and I highly recommend the 8A! . I love how smooth and refined the treble is. It may lack in shimmer but the detail is still there in my case. You just have to listen for it (which I tend to like to do lol). Bass is very punchy and well controlled. Mids are neither very forward or distant and it actually depends on the tracks as well, so they are rather accurate in a sense or, true to the source. The gold cable I put on them has made them even more musical .
I have to agree. At times I felt the mids in the 8.A’s were forward but then they would feel recessed. I started paying attention and it varied from song to song. In the end I came to a conclusion: The mids are right in the center and very accurately move forward or back based on the song in the same way the level of bass reflects the recording.
So yeah, the more I listen to my 8.A’s the more I love them and the more perfect I think they sound. Nothing feels lacking. Nothing feels excessive. Everything sounds textured and nuanced. Everything sounds controlled. Everything sounds alive.
The one critique I would give is the age-old one of good headphones: Bad recordings will show. I have a copy of Bohemian Rhapsody where I can hear very mild distortion in some of the vocals that I couldn’t hear on my 4.A and don’t hear on my HE-500’s. I now need a better copy.
Still have my ears out for a new AMP/DAC. But only casually.post #5355 of 79802/15/13 at 9:30pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 17 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Need some new versatile Home 'Studio' cans with a bit more precision 1 minute ago
- › PSVANE Vacuum Tubes 12AU7-T 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 1 minute ago
- › AKG 545 vs Sennheiser Momentum vs Sony MDR 1R 1 minute ago
- › Headphones - WORN!!! - new thread - no nudity 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › [Review] Oppo PM-1, Oppo hit the nail on the head 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Credibility 3 minutes ago
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude