Where in the world are you located Lee?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
They re absoultely amazing I srsly reccomend you buy them listening to songs with them are like hearing the artists in real life its honestly amazing!
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
So i bought the DT 880 250 Ohm Pro model. I also have KEf m200 in ears, a pair of AKG k450. I owned Audio Technica m30, Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 Ohm. The difference is...
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 357post #5341 of 79802/13/13 at 10:24pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #5342 of 79802/13/13 at 10:25pm
Hawaii. My package was dispatched on the 6th and didn't show up in San Francisco until the 9th. It reached me just later this afternoon so I went to the post office to pick it up. Seems EMS may be a viable option if you guys want to possibly avoid Customs charges. While it is not a guarantee, it also isn't a guarantee you will have to pay it unlike UPS and Fed Ex. I love USPS.
Edited by lee730 - 2/13/13 at 10:29pmpost #5343 of 79802/13/13 at 10:49pmQuote:
Yeah sorry to hear that. I've had 1 too many bad experiences with UPS. I think they are still pissed off at me for making them carry several 100 lbs Alienware Areas 51 PCs (up and down 5 flights of narrow stairs lol). I couldn't help it that is where I lived at one point and Dell kept giving me lemons. So they had to deliver and take away the lemons.... I remember actually injuring my back carrying that thing down the stairs the very first time... The box was like humongous lol. You could fit 3 of me in that box.... Since I had to go in all kinds of weird angles to get it down those stairs and with all that weight my back was killing me for over a month after that lol :P.
Edited by lee730 - 2/13/13 at 10:54pmpost #5344 of 79802/13/13 at 10:54pmYou guys are lucky you don t live in China, if you have something expensive delivered during Chinese New Year, the customs sometimes "lose" the package and take it to make presents for the family...post #5345 of 79802/13/13 at 10:56pmQuote:
Wow that sucks.... Surprisingly I've never really had too many bad experiences with China's mailing services. They generally are expedient in most circumstances (at least acceptable IMO). Probably the worst scenarios I've had with them is with the RMA Sflo2s sitting in customs for months due to the battery being illegal....post #5346 of 79802/13/13 at 11:05pmpost #5347 of 79802/13/13 at 11:21pmQuote:
I actually didn't have issues sending back 2 Studio Vs though? I mean I marked the packages as RMA mp3 player so not sure if that is why they didn't give me crap? More so the higher the value of the item listed I think the more issues you are likely to run into as well....
Edited by lee730 - 2/13/13 at 11:57pmpost #5348 of 79802/14/13 at 12:00pmpost #5349 of 79802/15/13 at 4:34pmpost #5350 of 79802/15/13 at 5:02pmpost #5351 of 79802/15/13 at 5:10pmpost #5352 of 79802/15/13 at 6:44pmpost #5353 of 79802/15/13 at 7:12pm
Update on the 8As. Really enjoying how they sound thus far. Fit isn't bad at all and I could probably even forgo doing adjustments. I'm still debating on that but I still intend on getting the left shell redone regardless. Otherwise I am extremely happy with this purchase and I highly recommend the 8A! :). I love how smooth and refined the treble is. It may lack in shimmer but the detail is still there in my case. You just have to listen for it (which I tend to like to do lol). Bass is very punchy and well controlled. Mids are neither very forward or distant and it actually depends on the tracks as well, so they are rather accurate in a sense or, true to the source. The gold cable I put on them has made them even more musical :).
Edited by lee730 - 2/15/13 at 7:14pmpost #5354 of 79802/15/13 at 9:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by lee730
Update on the 8As. Really enjoying how they sound thus far. Fit isn't bad at all and I could probably even forgo doing adjustments. I'm still debating on that but I still intend on getting the left shell redone regardless. Otherwise I am extremely happy with this purchase and I highly recommend the 8A! . I love how smooth and refined the treble is. It may lack in shimmer but the detail is still there in my case. You just have to listen for it (which I tend to like to do lol). Bass is very punchy and well controlled. Mids are neither very forward or distant and it actually depends on the tracks as well, so they are rather accurate in a sense or, true to the source. The gold cable I put on them has made them even more musical .
I have to agree. At times I felt the mids in the 8.A’s were forward but then they would feel recessed. I started paying attention and it varied from song to song. In the end I came to a conclusion: The mids are right in the center and very accurately move forward or back based on the song in the same way the level of bass reflects the recording.
So yeah, the more I listen to my 8.A’s the more I love them and the more perfect I think they sound. Nothing feels lacking. Nothing feels excessive. Everything sounds textured and nuanced. Everything sounds controlled. Everything sounds alive.
The one critique I would give is the age-old one of good headphones: Bad recordings will show. I have a copy of Bohemian Rhapsody where I can hear very mild distortion in some of the vocals that I couldn’t hear on my 4.A and don’t hear on my HE-500’s. I now need a better copy.
Still have my ears out for a new AMP/DAC. But only casually.post #5355 of 79802/15/13 at 9:30pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Cowon Plenue P1 10 seconds ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping in May 11 seconds ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 29 seconds ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › [Review] Philips SHL3300 "DJ" Headphones - Most Underrated Headphone? 5 minutes ago
- › Aequus new Fostex T50RP 3d printed / wodden faceplate customizable... 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2