Where in the world are you located Lee?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 357post #5341 of 79802/13/13 at 10:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5342 of 79802/13/13 at 10:25pm
Hawaii. My package was dispatched on the 6th and didn't show up in San Francisco until the 9th. It reached me just later this afternoon so I went to the post office to pick it up. Seems EMS may be a viable option if you guys want to possibly avoid Customs charges. While it is not a guarantee, it also isn't a guarantee you will have to pay it unlike UPS and Fed Ex. I love USPS.
Edited by lee730 - 2/13/13 at 10:29pmpost #5343 of 79802/13/13 at 10:49pmQuote:
Yeah sorry to hear that. I've had 1 too many bad experiences with UPS. I think they are still pissed off at me for making them carry several 100 lbs Alienware Areas 51 PCs (up and down 5 flights of narrow stairs lol). I couldn't help it that is where I lived at one point and Dell kept giving me lemons. So they had to deliver and take away the lemons.... I remember actually injuring my back carrying that thing down the stairs the very first time... The box was like humongous lol. You could fit 3 of me in that box.... Since I had to go in all kinds of weird angles to get it down those stairs and with all that weight my back was killing me for over a month after that lol :P.
Edited by lee730 - 2/13/13 at 10:54pmpost #5344 of 79802/13/13 at 10:54pmYou guys are lucky you don t live in China, if you have something expensive delivered during Chinese New Year, the customs sometimes "lose" the package and take it to make presents for the family...post #5345 of 79802/13/13 at 10:56pmQuote:
Wow that sucks.... Surprisingly I've never really had too many bad experiences with China's mailing services. They generally are expedient in most circumstances (at least acceptable IMO). Probably the worst scenarios I've had with them is with the RMA Sflo2s sitting in customs for months due to the battery being illegal....post #5346 of 79802/13/13 at 11:05pmpost #5347 of 79802/13/13 at 11:21pmQuote:
I actually didn't have issues sending back 2 Studio Vs though? I mean I marked the packages as RMA mp3 player so not sure if that is why they didn't give me crap? More so the higher the value of the item listed I think the more issues you are likely to run into as well....
Edited by lee730 - 2/13/13 at 11:57pmpost #5348 of 79802/14/13 at 12:00pmpost #5349 of 79802/15/13 at 4:34pmpost #5350 of 79802/15/13 at 5:02pmpost #5351 of 79802/15/13 at 5:10pmpost #5352 of 79802/15/13 at 6:44pmpost #5353 of 79802/15/13 at 7:12pm
Update on the 8As. Really enjoying how they sound thus far. Fit isn't bad at all and I could probably even forgo doing adjustments. I'm still debating on that but I still intend on getting the left shell redone regardless. Otherwise I am extremely happy with this purchase and I highly recommend the 8A! :). I love how smooth and refined the treble is. It may lack in shimmer but the detail is still there in my case. You just have to listen for it (which I tend to like to do lol). Bass is very punchy and well controlled. Mids are neither very forward or distant and it actually depends on the tracks as well, so they are rather accurate in a sense or, true to the source. The gold cable I put on them has made them even more musical :).
Edited by lee730 - 2/15/13 at 7:14pmpost #5354 of 79802/15/13 at 9:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by lee730
Update on the 8As. Really enjoying how they sound thus far. Fit isn't bad at all and I could probably even forgo doing adjustments. I'm still debating on that but I still intend on getting the left shell redone regardless. Otherwise I am extremely happy with this purchase and I highly recommend the 8A! . I love how smooth and refined the treble is. It may lack in shimmer but the detail is still there in my case. You just have to listen for it (which I tend to like to do lol). Bass is very punchy and well controlled. Mids are neither very forward or distant and it actually depends on the tracks as well, so they are rather accurate in a sense or, true to the source. The gold cable I put on them has made them even more musical .
I have to agree. At times I felt the mids in the 8.A’s were forward but then they would feel recessed. I started paying attention and it varied from song to song. In the end I came to a conclusion: The mids are right in the center and very accurately move forward or back based on the song in the same way the level of bass reflects the recording.
So yeah, the more I listen to my 8.A’s the more I love them and the more perfect I think they sound. Nothing feels lacking. Nothing feels excessive. Everything sounds textured and nuanced. Everything sounds controlled. Everything sounds alive.
The one critique I would give is the age-old one of good headphones: Bad recordings will show. I have a copy of Bohemian Rhapsody where I can hear very mild distortion in some of the vocals that I couldn’t hear on my 4.A and don’t hear on my HE-500’s. I now need a better copy.
Still have my ears out for a new AMP/DAC. But only casually.post #5355 of 79802/15/13 at 9:30pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014 6 seconds ago
- › The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Pro 750 cable upgrade 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official Metro Detroit 2014 Meet/Party/Get-Together 9/20/2014... 5 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)