- 168 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
My Setup Tested with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop going optical out to a Yamaha RX-V365 amp (1/4 inch headphone out). I played various files (FLAC, MP3, M4A) at different bit rates using...
I try to keep my reviews simple and understandable so I don't go into a large amount of detail with each part. There are others here that do an excellent job at very in depth and detailed reviews....
I'm an on-ear open junkie, so this high praise says a lot about the PX95. A list of on-ear opens I have in various drawer: AKG K512, PX100-ii, PortaPros, Jays V-Jays, and some more that I can't...
Introduction This is a review of the Superlux hd 681 Evo, Version II. It is my first review on Head-Fi, so bear with me. The particular Evo under review here has roughly 40 hrs of burn-in time...
I Background, gear used and manifesto I first got interested in the ECP Black Diamond around the time of its release. I was in the market for a “flagship” amp but still didn’t know what type of...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 350post #5236 of 79802/11/13 at 5:06amThe website says it is 6 watt power etc and might blow up headphones so i am kinda afraid if nothing will happen i shall try it later.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #5237 of 79802/11/13 at 5:20amTurn the volume all the way down, turn the amp on before plugging in the IEMs (in case the amp POPs on power up/down), and then put the IEMs in your ears before you start any music. If the amp noise is obvious, stop there and unplug your IEMs -- you won't have harmed anything, but you've proven that this combo isn't a good match. Otherwise play something while the volume is still all the way down and turn the knob slowly until you're at a comfortable listening level.
You're unlikely to harm anything if you go about it carefully.post #5238 of 79802/11/13 at 5:44ampost #5239 of 79802/11/13 at 5:59ampost #5240 of 79802/11/13 at 6:02amPart of my 4.A fit issue was too deep insertion, moreso on the right. An unpleasant surprise on first use as it smacked against the cartilage at the back of the canal. So I was confused about the "no longer doing musician fit" line as mine could not have gone any deeper.post #5241 of 79802/11/13 at 6:37am
I own the Lyr and it is known that there is an audible hiss with headphones that are low impedance. I guess this also affect earphones that may not be low impedance but nonetheless are higher sensitivity?post #5242 of 79802/11/13 at 7:01ampost #5243 of 79802/11/13 at 7:20ampost #5244 of 79802/11/13 at 7:43ampost #5245 of 79802/11/13 at 7:44am
sly - could u tell us a bit more about the player, how do u like it? compared to the studio V 3rd anv?
king8888 - its happened to quiet a few members in the thread earlier, nothing to worry about . they will reach u fine. its the way ups ships and tracks all their parcels, they travel half way round the world and the otherside and then reach you. sorry about the wait.post #5246 of 79802/11/13 at 7:54ampost #5247 of 79802/11/13 at 7:59amQuote:
If I'm right then it's :-
Cheerspost #5248 of 79802/11/13 at 8:05amQuote:
I have a Lyr for my HE-500's. I wouldn't use an IEM with them, there's just way too much power there. I've asked Schiit before and even they say none of their amps should be used with IEMs.post #5249 of 79802/11/13 at 8:09ampost #5250 of 79802/11/13 at 8:12amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › She is Called Esther ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 2 minutes ago
- › choose my next headphones, bassy (not too much) 3 minutes ago
- › Bluedio HT H-Turbine 57mm Driver BT Headphones review 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 4 minutes ago
- › EML 274B, 6SN7, and Woo 6DE7 to 6SN7 adapter 5 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)