- 168 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 350post #5236 of 79802/11/13 at 5:06amThe website says it is 6 watt power etc and might blow up headphones so i am kinda afraid if nothing will happen i shall try it later.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5237 of 79802/11/13 at 5:20amTurn the volume all the way down, turn the amp on before plugging in the IEMs (in case the amp POPs on power up/down), and then put the IEMs in your ears before you start any music. If the amp noise is obvious, stop there and unplug your IEMs -- you won't have harmed anything, but you've proven that this combo isn't a good match. Otherwise play something while the volume is still all the way down and turn the knob slowly until you're at a comfortable listening level.
You're unlikely to harm anything if you go about it carefully.post #5238 of 79802/11/13 at 5:44ampost #5239 of 79802/11/13 at 5:59ampost #5240 of 79802/11/13 at 6:02amPart of my 4.A fit issue was too deep insertion, moreso on the right. An unpleasant surprise on first use as it smacked against the cartilage at the back of the canal. So I was confused about the "no longer doing musician fit" line as mine could not have gone any deeper.post #5241 of 79802/11/13 at 6:37am
I own the Lyr and it is known that there is an audible hiss with headphones that are low impedance. I guess this also affect earphones that may not be low impedance but nonetheless are higher sensitivity?post #5242 of 79802/11/13 at 7:01ampost #5243 of 79802/11/13 at 7:20ampost #5244 of 79802/11/13 at 7:43ampost #5245 of 79802/11/13 at 7:44am
sly - could u tell us a bit more about the player, how do u like it? compared to the studio V 3rd anv?
king8888 - its happened to quiet a few members in the thread earlier, nothing to worry about . they will reach u fine. its the way ups ships and tracks all their parcels, they travel half way round the world and the otherside and then reach you. sorry about the wait.post #5246 of 79802/11/13 at 7:54ampost #5247 of 79802/11/13 at 7:59amQuote:
If I'm right then it's :-
Cheerspost #5248 of 79802/11/13 at 8:05amQuote:
I have a Lyr for my HE-500's. I wouldn't use an IEM with them, there's just way too much power there. I've asked Schiit before and even they say none of their amps should be used with IEMs.post #5249 of 79802/11/13 at 8:09ampost #5250 of 79802/11/13 at 8:12amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 12 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Impression of Stoner Acoustics UD100... 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 2 minutes ago
- › how many of you guys cook??? 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)