Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 343  

post #5131 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC_SL View Post

In addition to the above take advantage of advanced Google search tools that allow you to filter results by a site wink.gif

 

Like this (advanced image search for "heir audio" within head-fi.org)?

 

https://www.google.com/search?as_st=y&tbm=isch&hl=en&as_q=heir+audio&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&imgsz=&imgar=&imgc=&imgcolor=&imgtype=&cr=&as_sitesearch=head-fi.org&safe=images&as_filetype=&as_rights=&biw=1536&bih=757&sei=pWEUUb-wC4m7iwKyk4HYAw

post #5132 of 7980

Thanks for the replies, I should've known to just use Google. But at least I found out about the Heir tumblr and the "pictures in this thread" link. :-)

 

A somewhat related question: How does the isolation of Heir 4.A/8.As compare to olive tip Shures (SE535 in my case)?


I'm specifically looking for something with good isolation. I didn't realize that universals with foam/olive tips were considered to offer better isolation, though it makes perfect sense given the materials used. Will the Heirs generally be comparable in terms of isolation or is the difference quite noticeable?
(I did search for threads on this but only found few and conflicting answers)

 

I'm specifically looking for phones with good isolation; I use my phones at work a lot and depend on the isolation to have any chance to concentrate. If there's a small difference I don't mind, but if it's very noticeable I might consider going for the 4.A and getting Shure 420 as backup for noisy days. (But then again maybe the sound quality will be so difference that I'll never actually go back)

 

Thanks!

post #5133 of 7980
Wizard posted some charts here about isolation using different materials and earmuffs and plugs and such. I went from using a Shure with black olives to a universal Heir IEM. I have tried single and double flange as well as Comply foam tips. None of them offer the same type of isolation from the black olives. With no sound coming from the IEMs the Shures definitely isolated better, but still different from the Heirs (the heirs appear at surface to let more sound through ). However with the Heirs it takes a much lower volume of music to make everything else disappear, and the clarity of the Heir compared to the Shures is amazing and it totally consumes your listening ability.
I would love a Heir compatible black olive but until then I am very happy with the options on hand and would highly recommend them.
post #5134 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Mango View Post

Wizard posted some charts here about isolation using different materials and earmuffs and plugs and such.

 

Does anyone know where I can find the charts?

post #5135 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten123 View Post

 

Does anyone know where I can find the charts?

Right here.

 

The "Images in this thread" tool is brilliant!

post #5136 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decon View Post

Thanks for the replies, I should've known to just use Google. But at least I found out about the Heir tumblr and the "pictures in this thread" link. :-)

 

A somewhat related question: How does the isolation of Heir 4.A/8.As compare to olive tip Shures (SE535 in my case)?


I'm specifically looking for something with good isolation. I didn't realize that universals with foam/olive tips were considered to offer better isolation, though it makes perfect sense given the materials used. Will the Heirs generally be comparable in terms of isolation or is the difference quite noticeable?
(I did search for threads on this but only found few and conflicting answers)

 

I'm specifically looking for phones with good isolation; I use my phones at work a lot and depend on the isolation to have any chance to concentrate. If there's a small difference I don't mind, but if it's very noticeable I might consider going for the 4.A and getting Shure 420 as backup for noisy days. (But then again maybe the sound quality will be so difference that I'll never actually go back)

 

Thanks!

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

post #5137 of 7980
Quote:

The "Images in this thread" tool is brilliant!

 

lol

post #5138 of 7980
Omg... I lost one side of my heirs because it is not fully attached and there is a tiny gap so it is quite loose. Wad to do?!?!
post #5139 of 7980
Luckily.. i msg everybody i met today and i left it at my friend hse. So happy smily_headphones1.gif
post #5140 of 7980

Good to hear that. Congrats.........!!!

 

What a pain otherwise.

post #5141 of 7980
It is will very very very pain. I am only 15 and i save up $600 by myself just to buy it.
post #5142 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmsJtmz32 View Post

It is will very very very pain. I am only 15 and i save up $600 by myself just to buy it.


If you were my kid, I'd be proud of you.

post #5143 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmsJtmz32 View Post

It is will very very very pain. I am only 15 and i save up $600 by myself just to buy it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious7 View Post


If you were my kid, I'd be proud of you.

X2...not easy at that age. Very commendable.

 

Here's a little tip...Tighten up that connection by "adjusting" the pins. Check out this post where I posted a pic of a good way to do it. You want to "oval" the pins a little and it will get them to bite again and be tight.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/622161/heir-audio-3-ai-impressions-comparisons-review-thread/180#post_8921552

post #5144 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrobe View Post

 

X2...not easy at that age. Very commendable.

 

Here's a little tip...Tighten up that connection by "adjusting" the pins. Check out this post where I posted a pic of a good way to do it. You want to "oval" the pins a little and it will get them to bite again and be tight.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/622161/heir-audio-3-ai-impressions-comparisons-review-thread/180#post_8921552

It's not only about the fact that he saved up his own cash. He saved it up for something that's not a Beats Headphone. Lol.

post #5145 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious7 View Post

.... something that's not a Beats Headphone. Lol.

Yes, this is the other part of that equation. lol. Making wise and sensible choices! 

 

OmsJtmz32- I am very glad you found your IEM. I would be kicking myself if I ever lost something like that....Dougoftheabaci's 4.A loss still just makes my skin crawl!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread