- 3,766 Posts. Joined 12/2008
- Location: The Land of Pork And Taxes
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 340post #5086 of 79802/6/13 at 10:04amI've bought two new full size headphones the past week... This wait is killing my Visa!! :-D
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #5087 of 79802/6/13 at 10:15amQuote:
I almost bought a pair of Heir's universals to help sooth the wait. I kept thinking, "It's a backup pair. That's all. Just a backup pair. You can do that." But I didn't want to drop the money yet.
Luckily, on Monday, my wait will be over.
Has anyone in SF been able to pay with cash or card? Or will UPS only take check?post #5088 of 79802/6/13 at 10:23am
Who is the courier company to the UK? Does anyone know how they take the customs duty payment - cash, cheque or bill you?
I need to make sure I'm prepared for when mine arrive as my wife will probably take delivery....and I haven't actually mentioned it to her yet!
I'd like to have the cash\cheque ready if need be, so its not too much of a shock for her to find some money to pay the courier.post #5089 of 79802/6/13 at 10:25ampost #5090 of 79802/6/13 at 10:26ampost #5091 of 79802/6/13 at 10:28ampost #5092 of 79802/6/13 at 10:39ampost #5093 of 79802/6/13 at 10:42am
They only would take a check from me. I don't think that they can accept cash due to liability reasons (or it could be a union thing). You can get a money order and pay with that.
Gosh are you going to have fun.post #5094 of 79802/6/13 at 10:58ampost #5095 of 79802/6/13 at 11:00ampost #5096 of 79802/6/13 at 11:08ampost #5097 of 79802/6/13 at 11:47ampost #5098 of 79802/6/13 at 1:54pm
I opted for EMS shipping so I'm not sure how that will go. I've had too many bad experiences with UPS damaging my packages. I can't stand them! It also happened this past week with my order from amazon (Chung Jung One Hot Pepper Paste came cracked in half!).
My last order to come from them was my cat's food (taste of the wild) and it also came with the bag damaged. Thankfully amazon has great customer service and always takes care of the situation. Just seems too many accidents involving UPS. I never really have problems with USPS though.... Locally they are really good but in the mainland they take their sweet-ass-time lol.
Edited by lee730 - 2/6/13 at 2:00pmpost #5099 of 79802/6/13 at 2:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by bangkokkid
A couple of things should be noted here.
A lot of how the way a wood looks is determined by the direction in which it is cut. In the photo that you posted of our product, it was felt that the wood was most interesting when cut in that particular direction or at that angle. This gives the wood character so to speak.
Now, we have only ever procured spalted tamarind once and therefore I can almost assure you that we can get the same look seen in the photo of the CIEM. What I cannot guarantee you is that we can cut the wood in such a way to make it look like the wine stopper. In fact, the wine stopper may not even be made of spalted tamarind. If you are interested in the wood looking like the wine stopper, John can play with the spalted tamarind to see what happens, however the two look so different that I do not think we will be able to achieve that same look and feel with our current spalted tamarind.
So many things in play here. The wine stopper is spun on a lathe, that is for sure is going to yield a different look. Beyond the wine stopper looks to be a hard wood, (because the grains are so tight) so if it is tamarind (which I doubt it is) it has probably been treated or "stabalized" in other words resin has been injected into it to make the wood harder than what it really is.
But the reality is, you can't take one photo of one variety of wood, and believe from that point on that all wood of that variety looks the same. Take Buckeye for example, the variety is HUGE.
The bottom line is, wood is unique, which is one of the biggest reasons I like to work with it so much.
Wizardpost #5100 of 79802/6/13 at 2:14pmThread StarterTo pay the Import fees you should be able to contact UPS and they will provide you with their brokers number. You can then pay them with a credit or debit card. Make sure you keep all of that information written down and make certain that they notify UPS that you prepaid.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp 46 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Models like Sony MDR V6 (sound and price wise) 5 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 6 minutes ago
- › Recommend me an AMP for my setup (Logitech Z-2300 speakers,... 9 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)