- 4,005 Posts. Joined 12/2008
- Location: The Land of Pork And Taxes
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Preface: Hearing the MSB Analog was a long overdue matter. A couple of weeks ago, I finally decided it was a good time to do something about it, hence I got one from local dealer to have the...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
Disclaimer I was part of the european leg on the X5 world tour, so I did receive a review unit, free of charge, for ten days, but it was already running FW 1.0. I am in no way affiliated with...
Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited needs some serious burning-in. They sound horrible at the beginning but after about 30-40 hrs they are getting better and better - very open (doesn't sound like closed...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 340post #5086 of 79802/6/13 at 10:04amI've bought two new full size headphones the past week... This wait is killing my Visa!! :-D
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #5087 of 79802/6/13 at 10:15amQuote:
I almost bought a pair of Heir's universals to help sooth the wait. I kept thinking, "It's a backup pair. That's all. Just a backup pair. You can do that." But I didn't want to drop the money yet.
Luckily, on Monday, my wait will be over.
Has anyone in SF been able to pay with cash or card? Or will UPS only take check?post #5088 of 79802/6/13 at 10:23am
Who is the courier company to the UK? Does anyone know how they take the customs duty payment - cash, cheque or bill you?
I need to make sure I'm prepared for when mine arrive as my wife will probably take delivery....and I haven't actually mentioned it to her yet!
I'd like to have the cash\cheque ready if need be, so its not too much of a shock for her to find some money to pay the courier.post #5089 of 79802/6/13 at 10:25ampost #5090 of 79802/6/13 at 10:26ampost #5091 of 79802/6/13 at 10:28ampost #5092 of 79802/6/13 at 10:39ampost #5093 of 79802/6/13 at 10:42am
They only would take a check from me. I don't think that they can accept cash due to liability reasons (or it could be a union thing). You can get a money order and pay with that.
Gosh are you going to have fun.post #5094 of 79802/6/13 at 10:58ampost #5095 of 79802/6/13 at 11:00ampost #5096 of 79802/6/13 at 11:08ampost #5097 of 79802/6/13 at 11:47ampost #5098 of 79802/6/13 at 1:54pm
I opted for EMS shipping so I'm not sure how that will go. I've had too many bad experiences with UPS damaging my packages. I can't stand them! It also happened this past week with my order from amazon (Chung Jung One Hot Pepper Paste came cracked in half!).
My last order to come from them was my cat's food (taste of the wild) and it also came with the bag damaged. Thankfully amazon has great customer service and always takes care of the situation. Just seems too many accidents involving UPS. I never really have problems with USPS though.... Locally they are really good but in the mainland they take their sweet-ass-time lol.
Edited by lee730 - 2/6/13 at 2:00pmpost #5099 of 79802/6/13 at 2:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by bangkokkid
A couple of things should be noted here.
A lot of how the way a wood looks is determined by the direction in which it is cut. In the photo that you posted of our product, it was felt that the wood was most interesting when cut in that particular direction or at that angle. This gives the wood character so to speak.
Now, we have only ever procured spalted tamarind once and therefore I can almost assure you that we can get the same look seen in the photo of the CIEM. What I cannot guarantee you is that we can cut the wood in such a way to make it look like the wine stopper. In fact, the wine stopper may not even be made of spalted tamarind. If you are interested in the wood looking like the wine stopper, John can play with the spalted tamarind to see what happens, however the two look so different that I do not think we will be able to achieve that same look and feel with our current spalted tamarind.
So many things in play here. The wine stopper is spun on a lathe, that is for sure is going to yield a different look. Beyond the wine stopper looks to be a hard wood, (because the grains are so tight) so if it is tamarind (which I doubt it is) it has probably been treated or "stabalized" in other words resin has been injected into it to make the wood harder than what it really is.
But the reality is, you can't take one photo of one variety of wood, and believe from that point on that all wood of that variety looks the same. Take Buckeye for example, the variety is HUGE.
The bottom line is, wood is unique, which is one of the biggest reasons I like to work with it so much.
Wizardpost #5100 of 79802/6/13 at 2:14pmThread StarterTo pay the Import fees you should be able to contact UPS and they will provide you with their brokers number. You can then pay them with a credit or debit card. Make sure you keep all of that information written down and make certain that they notify UPS that you prepaid.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 1 minute ago
- › AKG K 551 vs K 550 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 3 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 4 minutes ago
- › Any interest in a mini North Carolina Triangle Meetup? 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3