I was thinking the opposite mine are so light I just assumed they were empty shells?!
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 237post #3541 of 798011/27/12 at 5:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3542 of 798011/27/12 at 5:42ampost #3543 of 798011/27/12 at 5:53ampost #3544 of 798011/27/12 at 6:26am
Sorry for the Off Topic Guys.
Just wondering if you guys have seen and want to participate in this:
We're hoping the thread will be added to the Home page to make it more visible to everyone.
Cheerspost #3545 of 798011/27/12 at 6:42amQuote:
My 4.A has no fill.
I have another custom with a partial fill (basically the length of the nozzle plus a little), and to be honest, while the ambient noise blocking is improved the difference in practice is not as great as you'd think.
There is a useful explanation of why in some Starkey literature I read a while back: if the environment is sufficiently loud the sound is going to be conducted through your bones as much as through the ear canal, and the law of diminishing returns apply.post #3546 of 798011/27/12 at 6:54ampost #3547 of 798011/27/12 at 7:10ampost #3548 of 798011/27/12 at 7:42ampost #3549 of 798011/27/12 at 7:44ampost #3550 of 798011/27/12 at 12:04pmpost #3551 of 798011/27/12 at 1:25pmpost #3552 of 798011/27/12 at 1:37pmpost #3553 of 798011/27/12 at 1:41pmpost #3554 of 798011/27/12 at 2:46pmCalled UPS just now to see if I could pick up the package since no one will be at home Friday.
Sure enough, I have to wait for one delivery attempt and then call to schedule it.
Won't be getting my 4.A until Monday afternoon now.post #3555 of 798011/27/12 at 3:09pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Currently, there are 3191 Active Users (684 Members and 2507 Guests)
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Desktop vs Portable listening... 27 seconds ago
- › SPL Auditor for sale EXCELLENT CONDITION 34 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 36 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 40 seconds ago
- › Akg K400 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › WTB: I need a stock HD800 cable! 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob