Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 201  

post #3001 of 7980

Day 27 and counting since my impressions arrived in Chengdu. I think a 4.A is about to be finished pretty soon...

post #3002 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C.S. View Post

Day 27 and counting since my impressions arrived in Chengdu. I think a 4.A is about to be finished pretty soon...

 My impressions arrived in Chengdu on 9/18/2012.  Day 53 and counting young Jedi.

post #3003 of 7980

I gotta thank whoever mentioned Fink earlier in this thread. Grabbed two of his albums, and I'm going to snag the live album right now. Such good stuff....haven't had the chance to hear him on my 4.Ai yet, but it sounds amazing on my ASG

post #3004 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspivak View Post

 My impressions arrived in Chengdu on 9/18/2012.  Day 53 and counting young Jedi.


Didn't you change your order at some point after they'd already received your impressions, though? Their build time is supposed to be 3-5 weeks on average. So, 53 days is a rather abnormal wait time. Is there any variation in wait time depending on the model chosen?

post #3005 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C.S. View Post


Didn't you change your order at some point after they'd already received your impressions, though? Their build time is supposed to be 3-5 weeks on average. So, 53 days is a rather abnormal wait time. Is there any variation in wait time depending on the model chosen?

 Yes, I changed my order on September 30 from the 4a to the 8a.  Since the change it has been 41 days.  My initial order date was August 21, 2012.  In total, since order, it has been 82 days.  Please do note that there was a national holiday in China during that time where they took a week off.  This was probably in the 41 day window.  This would take that time down to 34 days or just about 5 weeks.  I sent some e-mails during the last week to Brannan at Heir USA and to Sunny at Heir in Chengdu regarding where I might be in the queue but have not yet heard a response.  I recall getting a note some time back that they really did not like giving that information, but this is a large outlay of money for me. I wonder if I keep getting pushed back in the queue because of people doing a rush order?

post #3006 of 7980

"Do not like to give out that information"

 

The reason for that is that there is a "que" going on and every build is different and every build has a different set of challenges. Some run really smoothe, (big straight canal, easy art requests) and some very complicated (small ears, 8 drivers, art work that demands sprinklets of actual moon dust etc)

 

So really it is risky to say, "Yours will be finished in 2 days...." as that becomes a strict commitment/dead line....

 

That said, we strive to keep the builds within the 3 to 5 work weeks, and I personally work 7 days a week, but I can not ask the staff to do the same. 

 

BTW, we pretty much have 24 hr e-mail coverage as well, as I usually take on e-mails until 10 - 11 at night, and Bangkok Kid in the USA starts e-mails when I go to bed. That said, I really don't cover questions regarding "status checks" as I don't organize the production plan the person that does that works 5 days a week, so those e-mails are only answered during regular work hrs.

 

Regarding Rush Orders, they do get placed at the front of the line.

 

Wizard

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

post #3007 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

"Do not like to give out that information"

 

The reason for that is that there is a "que" going on and every build is different and every build has a different set of challenges. Some run really smoothe, (big straight canal, easy art requests) and some very complicated (small ears, 8 drivers, art work that demands sprinklets of actual moon dust etc)

 

So really it is risky to say, "Yours will be finished in 2 days...." as that becomes a strict commitment/dead line....

 

That said, we strive to keep the builds within the 3 to 5 work weeks, and I personally work 7 days a week, but I can not ask the staff to do the same. 

 

BTW, we pretty much have 24 hr e-mail coverage as well, as I usually take on e-mails until 10 - 11 at night, and Bangkok Kid in the USA starts e-mails when I go to bed. That said, I really don't cover questions regarding "status checks" as I don't organize the production plan the person that does that works 5 days a week, so those e-mails are only answered during regular work hrs.

 

Regarding Rush Orders, they do get placed at the front of the line.

 

Wizard

 

Thank you for the reply. It is understandable that you wouldn't want people getting upset if you gave them an estimate on when their order may be completed and encountered some unforeseen delay that would push it back a few days. I will remain hopeful that my order should be completed relatively soon and fall within the 5 week period, but I will remain patient should it take a little bit longer. And I am sure that the final product will be well worth the wait.

post #3008 of 7980

Makes 100% sense.  Don't make promises you might not be able to keep, or you end up like Apple with iTunes 11 :p  You can order your Heirs with moon dust!?  Why wasn't I aware of this? XD

post #3009 of 7980

 Way off topic, but in my opinion, out of respect of an artists craft, & dedication you should use good gear.  I know that sounds wierd, but when I listen to Ella Henderson, I think to myself, that 16 year old girl has obviously dedicated her life to her craft, and due to that, I want to respect her dedication and use the best I can to hear her demonstrate her art...

 

What she did with Cher's song "Believe" was simply amazing....

 

Honestly, I always hated that song... really hated it, before I heard Ella sing it.

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

post #3010 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

 Way off topic, but in my opinion, out of respect of an artists craft, & dedication you should use good gear.  I know that sounds wierd, but when I listen to Ella Henderson, I think to myself, that 16 year old girl has obviously dedicated her life to her craft, and due to that, I want to respect her dedication and use the best I can to hear her demonstrate her art...

 

What she did with Cher's song "Believe" was simply amazing....

 

Honestly, I always hated that song... really hated it, before I heard Ella sing it.

 

You're right. That was way off topic. But, I agree entirely. Good music sounds even better when you put some good equipment behind it.

 

Sorry to add to the OT discussion.

post #3011 of 7980

...so how many people read the above... and "youtubed" the video?  I know I did.. lol.

post #3012 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayTooCrazy View Post

...so how many people read the above... and "youtubed" the video?  I know I did.. lol.


x2

 

In fact I watched as many of her performances as I could find, her singing Minnie Rippertons "Loving You" is just incredible! She is going to have quite a career ahead of her.

post #3013 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayTooCrazy View Post

...so how many people read the above... and "youtubed" the video?  I know I did.. lol.

 

 

Me too... tongue.gif

post #3014 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

What she did with Cher's song "Believe" was simply amazing....

 

Honestly, I always hated that song... really hated it, before I heard Ella sing it.

 

There are a lot of very good songs that become musical torture just because we hear them over and over and have no control over it.

 

If you want a good example of this, pay attention to this lecture by the estimable professor Richard Thompson

post #3015 of 7980

Honestly, I hated the song the first time I heard it.... it was not a matter of being bludgened with it. But Ella turned a lump of coal into a diamond....  that alone says a lot.

 

She does have a future in front of her for sure.

 

 

Wizard

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread