- 3,834 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Location: Silicon Valley
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
[Originally reviewed at Basshead.Club] How do they do it? Brainwavz continues to impress with its budget-friendly new Jive IEM for Android and iOS devices. Brainwavz Jive In the...
This is my review for the new S3 from Brainwavz. Nicknamed the silver bullet for it's silver color and long slender shape. Thanks to Brainwavz for the S3 review sample. I have previously had the...
Hi all, I just want to say that it's my first review done on a product but I'm very proud to do it on a FIIO product. Review of the new FIIO EX1 In-ear Monitors. I will use the EX1 with the FIIO X1...
Many thanks to RHA for RHA T20 Tour Program! The T20 unit in this review is demo unit from the RHA T20 Tour Program: http://www.head-fi.org/t/770875/rha-t20-tour-program-reviewers-wanted Product...
The WA22 is my third Desktop Amp and second tube amp. I got it through AV One, a local retailer here, after 2 rounds of testing and I was impressed enough to purchase it. Built like a tank...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 199post #2971 of 798011/8/12 at 7:18pmAre there custom fees when it is shipped to the US, for those who have had them shipped to the Us.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2972 of 798011/8/12 at 8:07pmQuote:
$15 for the small case whether your own the 4.Ais already or not. In my opinion, however, you should have received two cases unless you were given some money back. I can't say for sure because you are out of my "jurisdiction" so to speak, but I would have sent you two cases.post #2973 of 798011/8/12 at 8:08pmQuote:
Yes, last I checked with UPS duties and customs total about 4% of declared package value. This is lower than most.post #2974 of 798011/8/12 at 8:40pmpost #2975 of 798011/8/12 at 8:54pmpost #2976 of 798011/8/12 at 9:15pmQuote:
Edited by Sinocelt - 11/8/12 at 9:17pmpost #2977 of 798011/8/12 at 10:25pmpost #2978 of 798011/8/12 at 10:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by enoyletoj
Anyhow, are any fortunate folk lucky enough to own both the 4.A and 8.A able to shed light on whether it's worth buying BOTH? I'm grabbing myself an 8.A over the weekend and can't decide on whether to get the 4.A as well (with free wood!) - 4.A/4.Ai owners, anyone able to shed light on how they compare to top-tier neutral customs? So far there only seem to be quite a few comparisons to similarly-priced universals...
Go for it if you can afford it! I can attest that owning both has been a joy. The 4.A gives me nice neutrality when I want it, when listening to orchestral music, vocals and some jazz songs. And when I crave some bass and hip-hop or wanna explore electronic music (and listening to modern soundtrack music), I love having the 8.A within easy reach. It's like having a pair of Denon Dx000s along with neutral AKG K5xxs, but on-the-go
Edited by sunninho - 11/8/12 at 10:56pmpost #2979 of 798011/8/12 at 11:25pmpost #2980 of 798011/9/12 at 12:59ampost #2981 of 798011/9/12 at 1:01amQuote:Originally Posted by JayMitch
Got 'em. After 9 weeks received my 4.A's. This is my first CIEM experience so didn't know what to expect. They really are beautiful in person. What is not apparent in the proofs is the Heir inlay is actually raised - it's three-dimensional. Build quality seems top notch all around and the Magnus cable is very well built and supple (for lack of better word). Only complaints about the Magnus are that for the price a) should have a better "zipper" than just a little plastic tube, and b) should have a shirt clip.
As for fit I think they're good, but hoo boy do they go deep. Right, right, right to the end and touching whatever is at the back of the canal. Is that to expected? Not uncomfortable per se assuming no external pressure against the CIEM. Strangely I had more trouble removing them than inserting. What an odd sensation. Isolation seems better than my Westones.
Sound I can't comment on yet as I have only listened for a short bit (Fink's new live disc which is a f'g miracle) and just off a prolonged session on a flight with Westone 4R's so not acclimated yet. Seems good, quite clear but perhaps a little more wooly than the Westone 4R's - could that be because they go so deep and don't have much room to breathe? Anyone who has been scared these are lean on bass need not worry. If it's in the recording it's in your ear. All sorts of it. Listened to Trentmoeller and it was ridiculous. Also curious if anyone knows the sensitivity spec on the 4.A. It must be very high. I would ballpark I need the iPhone volume about 1/3 less to achieve same level as my Westone 4R's.
PS. Tale of the shipping tape. Left Heir on Halloween and arrived on Tuesday so 1-week to Canada. Pretty amazing actually. And, a refreshing surprise - total customs/duties charge from UPS was "only" C$82. Was expecting like double that!
Very nice to hear!
...also, good to see I'm not the only Fink fan around herepost #2982 of 798011/9/12 at 1:08amQuote:Originally Posted by bangkokkid
$15 for the small case whether your own the 4.Ais already or not. In my opinion, however, you should have received two cases unless you were given some money back. I can't say for sure because you are out of my "jurisdiction" so to speak, but I would have sent you two cases.
I knew they were coming as one package when they were sent... what damage will you hit me for shipping to the UK, I need another box in truth, the smaller one is ideal.post #2983 of 798011/9/12 at 7:45am
I picked up the Pelican 1010 case for my 4.A's and they fit great. Easier to carry around than the stock case, which is beautiful but big. If you remove the little foam insert that holds the cleaning tool you can fit an iPod classic and 4.A's in the same case if you choose (although I'd want to rig something so the iPod isn't sliding around and banging the IEM's).Quote:Originally Posted by Sinoceltpost #2984 of 798011/9/12 at 7:48am
I heard one song from that dude (Pretty Little Thing) on satellite radio. Next thing I know I have all four of his studio albums and the new live. Just unreal stuff. The new live disc (Wheels Turn Beneath My Feet) was exceptionally well recorded and you can really feel the halls (recording is across multiple venues). His re-visiting of Trouble is spectacular. If anyone is in doubt spend the $0.99 on iTunes for just this one song.post #2985 of 798011/9/12 at 9:36amQuote:Originally Posted by JayMitch
I heard one song from that dude (Pretty Little Thing) on satellite radio. Next thing I know I have all four of his studio albums and the new live. Just unreal stuff. The new live disc (Wheels Turn Beneath My Feet) was exceptionally well recorded and you can really feel the halls (recording is across multiple venues). His re-visiting of Trouble is spectacular. If anyone is in doubt spend the $0.99 on iTunes for just this one song.
You should pick up the acoustic EP, Sort Of Versions, as well. Just Fin and his guitar, that's all. Oh and "Trouble" is my favorite track from the live album as well. Saw them perform live here in Denmark this summer, great little venue (100 people) and a great performance.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO X7 preview world tour--Yes! It's here! Apply Now! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 Review & Impressions Tour 4 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.) 8 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 9 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO’s 2015 Slogan Translation Contest 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › CustomArt Ei.XX 6-driver CIEM - MassDrop edition by twister6
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by LaRevolu
- › Nuforce NE800M by Dsnuts
- › Chord&Major 5'14 "World" by BloodyPenguin
- › Woo Audio WA 6 SE by PETEREK
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2