Dr. David Tao is "Canadian," (although he did live in the USA for several years) while I am American up-rooted from Thailand
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 198post #2956 of 798011/6/12 at 7:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2957 of 798011/6/12 at 7:28pmpost #2958 of 798011/6/12 at 7:55pmThread Starterpost #2959 of 798011/6/12 at 9:30pmpost #2960 of 798011/6/12 at 9:33pmpost #2961 of 798011/6/12 at 9:43pm
Postman just knocked my door 15mins ago with my 3.Ai. I straight put them into play and i was like WOW WTF... The soundstage is amazing for this ****.. great bass and very detail. This is tearing apart my previous lost iem westone um2 far away...post #2962 of 798011/7/12 at 5:30ampost #2963 of 798011/8/12 at 7:04ampost #2964 of 798011/8/12 at 7:31ampost #2965 of 798011/8/12 at 7:32amQuote:
To heir is human...post #2966 of 798011/8/12 at 10:17amQuote:
By default, customs will ship with the larger case. However, you can certainly request the smaller case upon ordering or even purchase a smaller case in addition to the larger case ($15).post #2967 of 798011/8/12 at 3:40pmQuote:
Do you know which smaller Otter case would be a good match for a pair of 4.A's?post #2968 of 798011/8/12 at 3:42pmpost #2969 of 798011/8/12 at 3:45pmpost #2970 of 798011/8/12 at 6:05pmGot 'em. After 9 weeks received my 4.A's. This is my first CIEM experience so didn't know what to expect. They really are beautiful in person. What is not apparent in the proofs is the Heir inlay is actually raised - it's three-dimensional. Build quality seems top notch all around and the Magnus cable is very well built and supple (for lack of better word). Only complaints about the Magnus are that for the price a) should have a better "zipper" than just a little plastic tube, and b) should have a shirt clip.
As for fit I think they're good, but hoo boy do they go deep. Right, right, right to the end and touching whatever is at the back of the canal. Is that to expected? Not uncomfortable per se assuming no external pressure against the CIEM. Strangely I had more trouble removing them than inserting. What an odd sensation. Isolation seems better than my Westones.
Sound I can't comment on yet as I have only listened for a short bit (Fink's new live disc which is a f'g miracle) and just off a prolonged session on a flight with Westone 4R's so not acclimated yet. Seems good, quite clear but perhaps a little more wooly than the Westone 4R's - could that be because they go so deep and don't have much room to breathe? Anyone who has been scared these are lean on bass need not worry. If it's in the recording it's in your ear. All sorts of it. Listened to Trentmoeller and it was ridiculous. Also curious if anyone knows the sensitivity spec on the 4.A. It must be very high. I would ballpark I need the iPhone volume about 1/3 less to achieve same level as my Westone 4R's.
PS. Tale of the shipping tape. Left Heir on Halloween and arrived on Tuesday so 1-week to Canada. Pretty amazing actually. And, a refreshing surprise - total customs/duties charge from UPS was "only" C$82. Was expecting like double that!Quote:Originally Posted by JayMitch
Yesterday morning I woke up thinking "I'm sure I'll hear from Heir this week re: proofs." Checked e-mail and sure enough, there's my message from Sunny with proof shots of my 4.A's. Original photo was a little murky so I corrected with Photoshop (hey, I'm a picky photographer - what can I say). Here they are. Loved the Amboyna when I first saw them on the 4.Ai and 3.Ai and most of the sample pics that caught my eye tended to be that wood. Added the inlay to differentiate from the universals - if anyone can comment on the wood type I'm all ears. Shells are Dark Smoke (although difficult to tell from the photos but Sunny confirmed for me).
Eagerly awaiting their arrival along with Magnus upgrade. Just have to quell my nerves in the interim re: the Customs/duty/import hit and whether or not the fit is right. Tick tock.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 12 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added... 4 minutes ago
- › Vancouver meet anyone? 4 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 5 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Appreciation Thread/ ZMF ZPEX V.2 REVIEW and TOUR!!! 6 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3 vs Fiio X5: A matter of sound... 6 minutes ago
- › Sophia Princess 2a3 - Matched Pair (AUS) (Suit DNA Stratus) 6 minutes ago
- › what is the BEST IEM FOR VOCAL?? 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob