Dr. David Tao is "Canadian," (although he did live in the USA for several years) while I am American up-rooted from Thailand
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
The Major 6 was one of the older models in chord&Major's lineup that has been revamped into the Major 6'13, inline with the Tonal Earphone series design principles. While it looks identical to the...
REMEMBER! No elitists aloud here. Headphones are objects with personality! The richest people can enjoy the cheapest headphone just because it provides the sound he's looking for, has the highs...
xDuoo X2 : Watch out Sansa! This review is a part of the review tour organised by Hifinage in India. I'd like to thank them for giving me the opportunity to be on the tour. And more...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 198post #2956 of 798011/6/12 at 7:15pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2957 of 798011/6/12 at 7:28pmpost #2958 of 798011/6/12 at 7:55pmThread Starterpost #2959 of 798011/6/12 at 9:30pmpost #2960 of 798011/6/12 at 9:33pmpost #2961 of 798011/6/12 at 9:43pm
Postman just knocked my door 15mins ago with my 3.Ai. I straight put them into play and i was like WOW WTF... The soundstage is amazing for this ****.. great bass and very detail. This is tearing apart my previous lost iem westone um2 far away...post #2962 of 798011/7/12 at 5:30ampost #2963 of 798011/8/12 at 7:04ampost #2964 of 798011/8/12 at 7:31ampost #2965 of 798011/8/12 at 7:32amQuote:
To heir is human...post #2966 of 798011/8/12 at 10:17amQuote:
By default, customs will ship with the larger case. However, you can certainly request the smaller case upon ordering or even purchase a smaller case in addition to the larger case ($15).post #2967 of 798011/8/12 at 3:40pmQuote:
Do you know which smaller Otter case would be a good match for a pair of 4.A's?post #2968 of 798011/8/12 at 3:42pmpost #2969 of 798011/8/12 at 3:45pmpost #2970 of 798011/8/12 at 6:05pmGot 'em. After 9 weeks received my 4.A's. This is my first CIEM experience so didn't know what to expect. They really are beautiful in person. What is not apparent in the proofs is the Heir inlay is actually raised - it's three-dimensional. Build quality seems top notch all around and the Magnus cable is very well built and supple (for lack of better word). Only complaints about the Magnus are that for the price a) should have a better "zipper" than just a little plastic tube, and b) should have a shirt clip.
As for fit I think they're good, but hoo boy do they go deep. Right, right, right to the end and touching whatever is at the back of the canal. Is that to expected? Not uncomfortable per se assuming no external pressure against the CIEM. Strangely I had more trouble removing them than inserting. What an odd sensation. Isolation seems better than my Westones.
Sound I can't comment on yet as I have only listened for a short bit (Fink's new live disc which is a f'g miracle) and just off a prolonged session on a flight with Westone 4R's so not acclimated yet. Seems good, quite clear but perhaps a little more wooly than the Westone 4R's - could that be because they go so deep and don't have much room to breathe? Anyone who has been scared these are lean on bass need not worry. If it's in the recording it's in your ear. All sorts of it. Listened to Trentmoeller and it was ridiculous. Also curious if anyone knows the sensitivity spec on the 4.A. It must be very high. I would ballpark I need the iPhone volume about 1/3 less to achieve same level as my Westone 4R's.
PS. Tale of the shipping tape. Left Heir on Halloween and arrived on Tuesday so 1-week to Canada. Pretty amazing actually. And, a refreshing surprise - total customs/duties charge from UPS was "only" C$82. Was expecting like double that!Quote:Originally Posted by JayMitch
Yesterday morning I woke up thinking "I'm sure I'll hear from Heir this week re: proofs." Checked e-mail and sure enough, there's my message from Sunny with proof shots of my 4.A's. Original photo was a little murky so I corrected with Photoshop (hey, I'm a picky photographer - what can I say). Here they are. Loved the Amboyna when I first saw them on the 4.Ai and 3.Ai and most of the sample pics that caught my eye tended to be that wood. Added the inlay to differentiate from the universals - if anyone can comment on the wood type I'm all ears. Shells are Dark Smoke (although difficult to tell from the photos but Sunny confirmed for me).
Eagerly awaiting their arrival along with Magnus upgrade. Just have to quell my nerves in the interim re: the Customs/duty/import hit and whether or not the fit is right. Tick tock.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Schiit Owners Unite 12 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 55 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Best 2.0/2.1 Speakers for $350 2 minutes ago
- › Bassy Head/earphones for flight 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- ONLY 2 DAYS AWAY!!! 5 minutes ago
- › TF10 Replacement Ebay Cables? 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by iitime
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by De1taE1even
- › Skullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Size by cs098
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2