Dr. David Tao is "Canadian," (although he did live in the USA for several years) while I am American up-rooted from Thailand
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 198post #2956 of 798011/6/12 at 7:15pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2957 of 798011/6/12 at 7:28pmpost #2958 of 798011/6/12 at 7:55pmThread Starterpost #2959 of 798011/6/12 at 9:30pmpost #2960 of 798011/6/12 at 9:33pmpost #2961 of 798011/6/12 at 9:43pm
Postman just knocked my door 15mins ago with my 3.Ai. I straight put them into play and i was like WOW WTF... The soundstage is amazing for this ****.. great bass and very detail. This is tearing apart my previous lost iem westone um2 far away...post #2962 of 798011/7/12 at 5:30ampost #2963 of 798011/8/12 at 7:04ampost #2964 of 798011/8/12 at 7:31ampost #2965 of 798011/8/12 at 7:32amQuote:
To heir is human...post #2966 of 798011/8/12 at 10:17amQuote:
By default, customs will ship with the larger case. However, you can certainly request the smaller case upon ordering or even purchase a smaller case in addition to the larger case ($15).post #2967 of 798011/8/12 at 3:40pmQuote:
Do you know which smaller Otter case would be a good match for a pair of 4.A's?post #2968 of 798011/8/12 at 3:42pmpost #2969 of 798011/8/12 at 3:45pmpost #2970 of 798011/8/12 at 6:05pmGot 'em. After 9 weeks received my 4.A's. This is my first CIEM experience so didn't know what to expect. They really are beautiful in person. What is not apparent in the proofs is the Heir inlay is actually raised - it's three-dimensional. Build quality seems top notch all around and the Magnus cable is very well built and supple (for lack of better word). Only complaints about the Magnus are that for the price a) should have a better "zipper" than just a little plastic tube, and b) should have a shirt clip.
As for fit I think they're good, but hoo boy do they go deep. Right, right, right to the end and touching whatever is at the back of the canal. Is that to expected? Not uncomfortable per se assuming no external pressure against the CIEM. Strangely I had more trouble removing them than inserting. What an odd sensation. Isolation seems better than my Westones.
Sound I can't comment on yet as I have only listened for a short bit (Fink's new live disc which is a f'g miracle) and just off a prolonged session on a flight with Westone 4R's so not acclimated yet. Seems good, quite clear but perhaps a little more wooly than the Westone 4R's - could that be because they go so deep and don't have much room to breathe? Anyone who has been scared these are lean on bass need not worry. If it's in the recording it's in your ear. All sorts of it. Listened to Trentmoeller and it was ridiculous. Also curious if anyone knows the sensitivity spec on the 4.A. It must be very high. I would ballpark I need the iPhone volume about 1/3 less to achieve same level as my Westone 4R's.
PS. Tale of the shipping tape. Left Heir on Halloween and arrived on Tuesday so 1-week to Canada. Pretty amazing actually. And, a refreshing surprise - total customs/duties charge from UPS was "only" C$82. Was expecting like double that!Quote:Originally Posted by JayMitch
Yesterday morning I woke up thinking "I'm sure I'll hear from Heir this week re: proofs." Checked e-mail and sure enough, there's my message from Sunny with proof shots of my 4.A's. Original photo was a little murky so I corrected with Photoshop (hey, I'm a picky photographer - what can I say). Here they are. Loved the Amboyna when I first saw them on the 4.Ai and 3.Ai and most of the sample pics that caught my eye tended to be that wood. Added the inlay to differentiate from the universals - if anyone can comment on the wood type I'm all ears. Shells are Dark Smoke (although difficult to tell from the photos but Sunny confirmed for me).
Eagerly awaiting their arrival along with Magnus upgrade. Just have to quell my nerves in the interim re: the Customs/duty/import hit and whether or not the fit is right. Tick tock.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Westone 3 vs. Westone 4, ahhh 1 second ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Is the World Finally Realizing that Flashy Headphones like Beats... 28 seconds ago
- › Apex Peak/Volcano Review 55 seconds ago
- › Rockbox for iPOD Video 5th 5.5th mSATA SSD MOD 56 seconds ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 1 minute ago
- › HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC)... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600's unamped sound no different then amped? 2 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 2 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3