Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 184  

post #2746 of 7980

For the transfer of ownership... Do we send the ciems to the office in the U.S first or directly to China?

post #2747 of 7980

Just got my proof pics and there was no wood on them as ordered - freaking out now, but still waiting for a reply from the company.

post #2748 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post

Just got my proof pics and there was no wood on them as ordered - freaking out now, but still waiting for a reply from the company.

 

This can be easily remedied and I know our labs team will see to it that this is taken care of as soon as possible.

 

Brannan Mason

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

post #2749 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkokkid View Post

 

This can be easily remedied and I know our labs team will see to it that this is taken care of as soon as possible.

 

Good to hear, I emailed Sunny about it...

post #2750 of 7980

 

That is Cocobolo, and if I may add, a mighty fine Cocobolo. A little hard to see as it is so glossy and melds seemlessly into the shells.... 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post

Just got my proof pics and there was no wood on them as ordered - freaking out now, but still waiting for a reply from the company.

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

post #2751 of 7980

looks good!

post #2752 of 7980

New smaller carrying case for universal IEMs. Identical design to that of the larger carrying case, except for the single clasp. My apologies for the lackluster photo.

 

 

Brannan Mason

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

post #2753 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

 

That is Cocobolo, and if I may add, a mighty fine Cocobolo. A little hard to see as it is so glossy and melds seemlessly into the shells.... 

 

*nods*

 

It told you already: You need to send BIGGER photos. tongue.gif

 

But yes, I can see the wood grain on my screen, and yes, the confusion is due to the wood faceplate melding seamlessly into the shell; it's really quite a compliment!


Edited by Sinocelt - 10/22/12 at 9:45pm
post #2754 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

 

That is Cocobolo, and if I may add, a mighty fine Cocobolo. A little hard to see as it is so glossy and melds seemlessly into the shells.... 

 

One of these might come in handy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Photo-Softbox-Light-Tent-Cube-Soft-Box-16-40cm-NEW-/110571501527?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19be9337d7

 

Add 3 identical light sources and you're golden. Your shots are way better than most in the biz, but I think the OMG THERE'S NO WOOD incident here goes to show there's (a small) room for improvement.

 

Goddammit, now I want to redo my 8.A with cocobolo face plates...

post #2755 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkokkid View Post

New smaller carrying case for universal IEMs. Identical design to that of the larger carrying case, except for the single clasp. My apologies for the lackluster photo.

 

 

Very nice! I have both my Heir Otterboxes at home as they're too big for just the IEMs and too small to hold my DAP as well. Which is why a carry a Peli 1060 to work every day... It holds my 8.A as well as my DX100 with room for ample foam padding.

post #2756 of 7980

I prefer the bigger case frown.gif

 

Almost day 40 of the wait

post #2757 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

One of these might come in handy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Photo-Softbox-Light-Tent-Cube-Soft-Box-16-40cm-NEW-/110571501527?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19be9337d7

 

Add 3 identical light sources and you're golden. Your shots are way better than most in the biz, but I think the OMG THERE'S NO WOOD incident here goes to show there's (a small) room for improvement.

There is no need of lightbox if you have open area with diffused sunlight.

 

Making light box is dead easy with some cardboard boxes.

post #2758 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by psygeist View Post

There is no need of lightbox if you have open area with diffused sunlight.

 

Making light box is dead easy with some cardboard boxes.

Spending $16 on ebay is so much faster wink.gif

 

Also, using a light tent is a lot easier than finding an open area with diffused sunlight in a chinese office building just when you need it at 2 in the morning. 


Edited by Sorensiim - 10/23/12 at 2:02am
post #2759 of 7980

^^I wont argue with your line of reasoning but personally I feel setting up light tent  is more hassle and it imposes constraint on the spatial orientation. While with diffused sunlight in an open room I can quickly get good number of angles with much better results and specular highlight.

 

Here is cosmic ear's setup:

http://cosmicears.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/cosmic_ears_spin_setup_03.jpg

post #2760 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by psygeist View Post

^^I wont argue with your line of reasoning but personally I feel setting up light tent  is more hassle and it imposes constraint on the spatial orientation. While with diffused sunlight in an open room I can quickly get good number of angles with much better results and specular highlight.

 

Here is cosmic ear's setup:

http://cosmicears.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/cosmic_ears_spin_setup_03.jpg

 

Wow. This setup looks rather amateurish (if only because they use a smartphone as a camera), yet they get pro results out of it, no denying that.


Edited by Sinocelt - 10/23/12 at 6:36am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread