Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 179  

post #2671 of 7980

So Westone cable?

post #2672 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post

So Westone cable?

 

 

Yes, those work with Heir Audio universals...

post #2673 of 7980

Good day,

 

I am in the waiting queue

 

1. Order placed: 8/26/2012

2. Impressions received in Chengdu: 9/17/2012

3. Order changed from 4a to 8a:  9/30/2012

 

I'll let you know when I hear something.

post #2674 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspivak View Post

I'll let you know when I hear something.

 

you'll have to get them first... bigsmile_face.gif

post #2675 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post

 

you'll have to get them first... bigsmile_face.gif

Let me get this right.  Hear them...get them...my sister....my cousin...

 

I am sooooo confused but waiting patiently.

post #2676 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

No UE pins are different to the pins Heir use.

 

 

      Slight correction:

 

      The "old style" UE cables used specifically for their Custom IEM products can be used with Heir Audio products. UE non custom cables used for the TF10 should not be used as they do differ in dimensions.

 

Cables from Westone, JH Audio, 1964 Ears etc all can be used with Heir Audio Products.

 

Wizard

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

post #2677 of 7980

Hey, just got my 4.A yesterday, and I'm not sure if I'm having fit issues or not. The right side give me what feels like a good seal, but the left feels rather off. It feels rather more 'airy' and if I press(or lightly twist)  it in deeper, bass gets much more pronounced... and I can feel a seal which dislodges with a 'pop' the moment I let go ):

 

No discomfort in either side.

When I move my jaw, I can feel the left (but not the right) nozzle moving minutely in my ear.

 

Does this warrant getting a refit? Do note that this is my first pair of customs, so no matter what I'm going to give them at least a week before deciding to refit (or not).

post #2678 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23t23dS View Post

Hey, just got my 4.A yesterday, and I'm not sure if I'm having fit issues or not. The right side give me what feels like a good seal, but the left feels rather off. It feels rather more 'airy' and if I press(or lightly twist)  it in deeper, bass gets much more pronounced... and I can feel a seal which dislodges with a 'pop' the moment I let go ):

 

No discomfort in either side.

When I move my jaw, I can feel the left (but not the right) nozzle moving minutely in my ear.

 

Does this warrant getting a refit? Do note that this is my first pair of customs, so no matter what I'm going to give them at least a week before deciding to refit (or not).

 

IMHO maybe. You need to contact the company, tell them your perceptions and ask for a recommendation. This is a big investment and you patiently waited for the product. You are going to have to live with this device so make sure you are happy.
post #2679 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23t23dS View Post

Hey, just got my 4.A yesterday, and I'm not sure if I'm having fit issues or not. The right side give me what feels like a good seal, but the left feels rather off. It feels rather more 'airy' and if I press(or lightly twist)  it in deeper, bass gets much more pronounced... and I can feel a seal which dislodges with a 'pop' the moment I let go ):

 

No discomfort in either side.

When I move my jaw, I can feel the left (but not the right) nozzle moving minutely in my ear.

 

Does this warrant getting a refit? Do note that this is my first pair of customs, so no matter what I'm going to give them at least a week before deciding to refit (or not).

 

      Contact us, but the first thing we will ask you to do is to send photos of them inserted into your ears.  This will help us to determine if this is an insertion issue or not.

 

Thanks

 

WIzard

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

post #2680 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

 

      Contact us, but the first thing we will ask you to do is to send photos of them inserted into your ears.  This will help us to determine if this is an insertion issue or not.

 

Thanks

 

WIzard


May I ask what an insertion issue is and how you can determine just by looking at your own photo? This might help other people diagnose themselves should they encounter the same issue.

post #2681 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

 

      Contact us, but the first thing we will ask you to do is to send photos of them inserted into your ears.  This will help us to determine if this is an insertion issue or not.

 

Thanks

 

WIzard

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranhieu View Post


May I ask what an insertion issue is and how you can determine just by looking at your own photo? This might help other people diagnose themselves should they encounter the same issue.

 

I'm interested as well. Maybe you could even provide a photo as well, so that we have a visual representation? With the permission of the person in the photo, of course. This sounds very interesting to me.

post #2682 of 7980

I keep spending money on upgrading, a few hundred at a time going upwards, decided that I'm too poor to do that and might just go for the 8.A and end the sillyness.

I know this is a completely rubbish question being posted in the 'Heir audio appreciated thread', but, are the 8.As actually worth it? I was very unimpressed with the 4.Ais coming from DBA-02s and I realize that spending $1,800 for 8.As the price:performance will be even lower still, which is hard to justify, but it'll stop this madness of buying slightly better, then I can concentrate on the music. Is there anything that maeks the 8.A standout amongst other flagship CIEMs? Alien ears also do an 8-driver CIEM for several hundred less.

 

As an added question not necessarily Heir audio based, do you think a high-end CIEM such as the 8.A could compete against LCD-2s? I've love to completely lose my headphones and use only earphones and a DAP/AMP, but I'm unsure if this would be a good idea at the minute.

 

Cheers!


Edited by eltocliousus - 10/14/12 at 12:43am
post #2683 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltocliousus View Post

I keep spending money on upgrading, a few hundred at a time going upwards, decided that I'm too poor to do that and might just go for the 8.A and end the sillyness.

I know this is a completely rubbish question being posted in the 'Heir audio appreciated thread', but, are the 8.As actually worth it? I was very unimpressed with the 4.Ais coming from DBA-02s and I realize that spending $1,800 for 8.As the price:performance will be even lower still, which is hard to justify, but it'll stop this madness of buying slightly better, then I can concentrate on the music. Is there anything that maeks the 8.A standout amongst other flagship CIEMs? Alien ears also do an 8-driver CIEM for several hundred less.

 

Cheers!

 

I have both the 4.A and 8.A and I can tell you that the 8.A is far more enjoyable on a day-to-day basis.  They are my go-to monitors when I listen to just about any music.  The bass, while a bit more emphasized than on the 4.A, is lush but never overwhelming or offensive.  The bass is perfect to my ears and brings my music to life (hip hop, dub step, electronic, jazz, vocals, r&b, soundtrack music).  As others have stated, the treble is smooth and never shrill, and helps bring out just the right amount of detail and imaging - especially from soundtrack music.  The mids present instruments and vocals as if you were sitting back and watching the artists, front and center.  In short, you will not regret moving from the 4.Ai to the 8.A, not one bit.

 

The 4.A is very neutral and lacks those low frequencies that I love from the 8.A -- I can't stand the bass-drunk sound of Monster and Dre cans, BTW.  When listening to higher pitched instrumental and jazzy/folksy vocal music, though, the 4.A really shines for me, especially when I'm listening to these songs at lower volumes and I just mellow out.

 

Having not listened to any other CIEM, I can't recommend any other brands, but if you're OK with somewhat emphasized, inoffensive bass with smooth highs and perfect mids, you can't go wrong with the 8.A.  Compared to my Sennheiser HD580 (while they are impressive hooked up to a class A CMOY amp), I prefer the tonality, 3D-imaging and overall soundstage of the 8.A not hooked up to any amplification at all.


Edited by sunninho - 10/14/12 at 12:45am
post #2684 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23t23dS View Post

Hey, just got my 4.A yesterday, and I'm not sure if I'm having fit issues or not. The right side give me what feels like a good seal, but the left feels rather off. It feels rather more 'airy' and if I press(or lightly twist)  it in deeper, bass gets much more pronounced... and I can feel a seal which dislodges with a 'pop' the moment I let go ):

 

No discomfort in either side.

When I move my jaw, I can feel the left (but not the right) nozzle moving minutely in my ear.

 

Does this warrant getting a refit? Do note that this is my first pair of customs, so no matter what I'm going to give them at least a week before deciding to refit (or not).

 

 

     As others have requested, would you be willing to post photos you sent me on Head Fi?

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

post #2685 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunninho View Post

 

I have both the 4.A and 8.A and I can tell you that the 8.A is far more enjoyable on a day-to-day basis.  They are my go-to monitors when I listen to just about any music.  The bass, while a bit more emphasized than on the 4.A, is lush but never overwhelming or offensive.  The bass is perfect to my ears and brings my music to life (hip hop, dub step, electronic, jazz, vocals, r&b, soundtrack music).  As others have stated, the treble is smooth and never shrill, and helps bring out just the right amount of detail and imaging - especially from soundtrack music.  The mids present instruments and vocals as if you were sitting back and watching the artists, front and center.  In short, you will not regret moving from the 4.Ai to the 8.A, not one bit.

 

The 4.A is very neutral and lacks those low frequencies that I love from the 8.A -- I can't stand the bass-drunk sound of Monster and Dre cans, BTW.  When listening to higher pitched instrumental and jazzy/folksy vocal music, though, the 4.A really shines for me, especially when I'm listening to these songs at lower volumes and I just mellow out.

 

Having not listened to any other CIEM, I can't recommend any other brands, but if you're OK with somewhat emphasized, inoffensive bass with smooth highs and perfect mids, you can't go wrong with the 8.A.  Compared to my Sennheiser HD580 (while they are impressive hooked up to a class A CMOY amp), I prefer the tonality, 3D-imaging and overall soundstage of the 8.A not hooked up to any amplification at all.

 

Thankyou for the comparison, people have compared to the 8.As to the LCD-2s from what I've seen, which leads me to believe it's the correct CIEM for me, the LCD-2s give me the lush vocals that I enjoy the most, immersing me in my music. Bass isn't really my thing, not that I don't enjoy it when it's done right, but clarity and vocals are my priority, I enjoy hearing everything the music has to offer, instruments sounding seperated and vocals leading the music. The actual track tends to determine that much more than what's on my head, but I'd like what's on my head to contribute towards it somewhat.

 

Going by that desciption, do you think the 8.As would be a good fit for me?


Edited by eltocliousus - 10/14/12 at 1:05am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread