Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 177  

post #2641 of 7980

 Only materials and labor are covered by the warranty, drivers are excluded.

 

Does this mean if a driver goes out we're stuffed? 

post #2642 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddypdler View Post

 Only materials and labor are covered by the warranty, drivers are excluded.

 

Does this mean if a driver goes out we're stuffed? 

 

In my experience if anything goes wrong they'll work with you to make it right. If it's because of something they did it's covered, if it's something you did it's not. I can't speak for them but I imagine that's how it works.
 
Which is what most high-end companies support.
 
post #2643 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

I tried Jade already, it got so hot, finally it essentialy exploded

 

Now I want ebony faceplates with jade Heir Audio logos.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougofTheAbaci View Post

In my experience if anything goes wrong they'll work with you to make it right. If it's because of something they did it's covered, if it's something you did it's not. I can't speak for them but I imagine that's how it works.

 

You're correct, but I understand pdiddypdler's worries. As currently worded, the warranty seems to cover everything ... except everything. tongue.gif

post #2644 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post

 

You're correct, but I understand pdiddypdler's worries. As currently worded, the warranty seems to cover everything ... except everything. tongue.gif

Yep, I would prefer to have a full and clear understanding of what is and isn't covered so that it doesn't end up coming down to discretion.

 

Maybe that's too much to ask from a product as niche as this.


Edited by pdiddypdler - 10/7/12 at 8:36pm
post #2645 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post

You're correct, but I understand pdiddypdler's worries. As currently worded, the warranty seems to cover everything ... except everything. tongue.gif

 

If people paid more attention they'd notice just about every warranty ever written is worded to say exactly that. "We shall cover everything in so far as we choose to and is required by law."
 
However, as I said, my experience (and what I hear of the experiences of others) is that Heir will always do what it can to make things right. I find them to be very helpful and reasonable people.
 
 

Edited by DougofTheAbaci - 10/8/12 at 12:10am
post #2646 of 7980

the way I see it, as long as you use them within normal boundries you're covered... if you abuse them or take them apart etc you could have problems as this isn't covered... this is pretty much standard on all warranties.

post #2647 of 7980

funny thing... Sister phoned this am saying 'hows it going Bro?'... I replied 'I don't like Monday's... I'm gonna kill your cat'... she said tersely 'I suppose you want your WM-Z back?'... 'that depends if you love your cat I'm looking after'... my WM-Z will be with me in a few hours and I'll finally get to listen with my Heirs. bigsmile_face.gif

post #2648 of 7980

Fink's live album "Wheels Turn Beneath My Feet" was released in the EU this morning - very highly recommended fodder for your Heirs wink.gif

 

 

 

http://www.finkworld.co.uk/store/music-store/fink-wav-store/

(I am in no way affiliated, just wanted to recommend a great album with some very good live recordings)

post #2649 of 7980

Sony Z1070 + Heir 4.Ai = atsmile.gif

 

loving this... my WM-Z has finally come to life... first album 'Nanci Griffiths - Dust Bowl Symphony' absolute ear sex. tongue_smile.gif

 

thanks Way for introducing Heir to me beerchug.gif


Edited by OK-Guy - 10/8/12 at 6:29am
post #2650 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
thanks Way for introducing Heir to me beerchug.gif

L3000.gif

 

Z1070 + Heir = Tube Amp and High End speakers... "right"?


Edited by WayTooCrazy - 10/8/12 at 8:54am
post #2651 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by LammerOutsider View Post

Hi, I am about to buy my first Custom iem's, and I heard about this new Heir Label.

 

I listen to wide spectrum of music, almost everything, from acoustic to electro & noise. 

 

Do you think 3.A are for me? Are they better than 1964-T? I heard 1964-T has flat response, are 3.A more "musical" sounding? I like flat sound signature, i am not basshead, but i really dont know. 

 

THanks for any ideas

If you like a neutral signature, get the 4.a or 4.ai - Dr. Moulton says they are his most neutral sounding headphones.

post #2652 of 7980

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayTooCrazy View Post

L3000.gif

 

Z1070 + Heir = Tube Amp and High End speakers... "right"?

 

 

Way (Wizard & all)… I’m sitting here thinking what to write so I’ll get rid of a few basics to start, today I’ve only been listening to the 4.Ai with a few selected & very familiar Albums plus one I uploaded when my Sister was here (one she wanted on the WM-Z, for those interested in animal preservation, the cat got a ‘get of jail free’ card, one lucky puss-cat), I digress…

 

I’ve never owned a tube-amp so can’t comment on that but I’ve owned some very tasty speakers in my time and yes this is close to hi-end stuff but bear in mind it’s also a different way of listening to music. Instead of being spacious & enveloping (hi-fi), this is straight into your brain and all involving, in many ways this is a kinda new dawn for me, the quality I’m hearing from the 4.Ai’s and the WM-Z has either transfixed me into a semi-comatose state staring gormlessly at the PC screen listening to a track or, had me doing a stupendous drum solo’s with my ‘second to none’ imaginary drum kit (Keith Moon eat ya heart out sideways)… I’m truly enjoying what I’m hearing. Way, this is the best I’ve heard music from any portable device.

 

The Nanci Griffiths album I was listening to earlier was recorded with the London Symphony Orchestra, the 4.Ai & WM-Z pairing nailed it from the off, everything was detailed, involving and really was quite exquisite to behold… I really don’t want to rant on & on with puke inducing superlatives so I’ll cut to the chase and go directly to the Album my Sister wanted to hear, I uploaded ‘Moby - 18’ to satisfy her highness (never really listened to this guy in depth), waited for her to have a brief listen (her brief turned out to be about an hour long), then finally got my mitts on the pairing for a lil rev-up, it was time to see what these babies could do and decided to see what my Sister liked about this Moby CD… sometimes you really have to head-butt the wall and scratch your balls and wonder why you never thought of buying this Album, on ‘In My Heart’ I decided to have a bit of fun with the WM-Z’s clear-bass ( a novel little 4-step increment bass improvement that doesn’t effect the other frequencies). When I bought the 4.Ai I was a tad concerned about bass quantity, straight from the off those fears were dispelled and a lil tweak of bass really doesn’t hurt to free up the ear wax, The Wizard should of said these babies go deeper than Linda Lovelace salivating over a cucumber… I’m real impressed with this set-up and loving my music and I really cannot find a better superlative than that.


Edited by OK-Guy - 10/8/12 at 2:49pm
post #2653 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
   Way, this is the best I’ve heard music from any portable device.

Yea, I like 'em a lot too.  With my SPC cable that I made... they sound even better.  I'm not sure what the Magnus 1 cable sounds like or adds to the sound... but I definitely love what my cable adds.  If your wondering... it's a T.C. SPC cable built on Cryoed UP-OCC Copper.

post #2654 of 7980
Thanks. I love that dude's stuff. Heard one song on sat radio and next thing I know I have three of his albums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Fink's live album "Wheels Turn Beneath My Feet" was released in the EU this morning - very highly recommended fodder for your Heirs wink.gif




http://www.finkworld.co.uk/store/music-store/fink-wav-store/
(I am in no way affiliated, just wanted to recommend a great album with some very good live recordings)
post #2655 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post

 

 

Way (Wizard & all)… I’m sitting here thinking what to write so I’ll get rid of a few basics to start, today I’ve only been listening to the 4.Ai with a few selected & very familiar Albums plus one I uploaded when my Sister was here (one she wanted on the WM-Z, for those interested in animal preservation, the cat got a ‘get of jail free’ card, one lucky puss-cat), I digress…

 

I’ve never owned a tube-amp so can’t comment on that but I’ve owned some very tasty speakers in my time and yes this is close to hi-end stuff but bear in mind it’s also a different way of listening to music. Instead of being spacious & enveloping (hi-fi), this is straight into your brain and all involving, in many ways this is a kinda new dawn for me, the quality I’m hearing from the 4.Ai’s and the WM-Z has either transfixed me into a semi-comatose state staring gormlessly at the PC screen listening to a track or, had me doing a stupendous drum solo’s with my ‘second to none’ imaginary drum kit (Keith Moon eat ya heart out sideways)… I’m truly enjoying what I’m hearing. Way, this is the best I’ve heard music from any portable device.

 

The Nanci Griffiths album I was listening to earlier was recorded with the London Symphony Orchestra, the 4.Ai & WM-Z pairing nailed it from the off, everything was detailed, involving and really was quite exquisite to behold… I really don’t want to rant on & on with puke inducing superlatives so I’ll cut to the chase and go directly to the Album my Sister wanted to hear, I uploaded ‘Moby - 18’ to satisfy her highness (never really listened to this guy in depth), waited for her to have a brief listen (her brief turned out to be about an hour long), then finally got my mitts on the pairing for a lil rev-up, it was time to see what these babies could do and decided to see what my Sister liked about this Moby CD… sometimes you really have to head-butt the wall and scratch your balls and wonder why you never thought of buying this Album, on ‘In My Heart’ I decided to have a bit of fun with the WM-Z’s clear-bass ( a novel little 4-step increment bass improvement that doesn’t effect the other frequencies). When I bought the 4.Ai I was a tad concerned about bass quantity, straight from the off those fears were dispelled and a lil tweak of bass really doesn’t hurt to free up the ear wax, The Wizard should of said these babies go deeper than Linda Lovelace salivating over a cucumber… I’m real impressed with this set-up and loving my music and I really cannot find a better superlative than that.

I laughed a little too hard at that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread