Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 157  

post #2341 of 7980

I agree with Sinocelt, I dont like the little blemishes on your impressions. Mine came without any bubbles/blemishes.

post #2342 of 7980

that is a big void on the right

 

i would send the pictures to Dr. Moulton


Edited by elysium1230 - 9/24/12 at 8:21am
post #2343 of 7980

Do you think I should ring up and get them redone? Not sure if I want to go back though.

post #2344 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiman View Post

Do you think I should ring up and get them redone? Not sure if I want to go back though.

 

Well, Wizard can try to fill in the void, essentially "guessing" what the real shape should be. But there's a distinct possibility that it won't end up being a good result. 

 

Is it more work to go redo the impressions now? Or to have an imperfect fit on your CIEMs, then redo them impressions, then send back the CIEMs to have them rebuilt? As much as you don't want to, it might be prudent to take care of it now. 

post #2345 of 7980

Yea, your right project needed that kick up the backside. I'll call them now.

post #2346 of 7980
Take care of it now, it'll be better in the long run. I think the term for it in English is "due diligence".
post #2347 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post

 

Those are the ugliest CIEMs the Wizard has ever made! eek.gif

 

Joking apart ... Yeah, I don't like the blemish either. My audiologist here redid an impression for less than that.

I got myself re-booked next monday, thats another weeks wait :(

Didn't lol at first as I was worried about the impressions and having to call them up to explain the situation, re-read this and yea it was pretty damn funny lolz.

post #2348 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiman View Post

I got myself re-booked next monday, thats another weeks wait :(

Didn't lol at first as I was worried about the impressions and having to call them up to explain the situation, re-read this and yea it was pretty damn funny lolz.

Heir Audio emailed me this morning and told me my impressions were incorrect.

I'm really upset, I went back to the audiologist today and made an appointment to get them redone; hopefully I don't get charged the full fee again, if anything, because he screwed it up.

 

I brought in the tip sheet and everything.

 

Thank God I went with the cheapest option to ship the impressions.

 

Now I have to wait an extra five days. 

 

This is a lot of hassle for CIEMs; they better be worth it.

post #2349 of 7980
Did they say what was wrong with the impressions? Also are you from the UK? Thanks.
post #2350 of 7980

4.A
Dark red shell with Ziricote faceplate and Heir Logo.

Dang

post #2351 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by shfsrh View Post

Heir Audio emailed me this morning and told me my impressions were incorrect.

I'm really upset, I went back to the audiologist today and made an appointment to get them redone; hopefully I don't get charged the full fee again, if anything, because he screwed it up.

 

That sucks, but good thing you had your photos reviewed first. Think how you'd have felt if you didn't get the news until your impressions arrived at Heir's facility.

post #2352 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by shfsrh View Post

Heir Audio emailed me this morning and told me my impressions were incorrect.

I'm really upset, I went back to the audiologist today and made an appointment to get them redone; hopefully I don't get charged the full fee again, if anything, because he screwed it up.

 

I brought in the tip sheet and everything.

 

Thank God I went with the cheapest option to ship the impressions.

 

Now I have to wait an extra five days. 

 

This is a lot of hassle for CIEMs; they better be worth it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardgedee View Post

 

That sucks, but good thing you had your photos reviewed first. Think how you'd have felt if you didn't get the news until your impressions arrived at Heir's facility.

 

The number one reason with a bullet that we turn away impressions is that there is a lack of impression material where the socket of the CIEM would be located. This can easily be avoided, but audiologists are much more accustomed to doing impressions for hearing aids which do not require this area to be featured in the impression itself. In any case, we try to mitigate this as much as possible by providing an instructions sheet which can be found on our website and having impressions reviewed before they go to our labs (in the case of customers located within North America, at least).

 

The fact of the matter is, every single company that offers CIEM should turn down impressions that do not include the socket area. Whether they do so or not and are leaving the build process up to conjecture and estimation, is another story entirely.

 

Edited by bangkokkid - 9/24/12 at 6:16pm

Brannan Mason

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

post #2353 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by shfsrh View Post

Heir Audio emailed me this morning and told me my impressions were incorrect.


I'm really upset, I went back to the audiologist today and made an appointment to get them redone; hopefully I don't get charged the full fee again, if anything, because he screwed it up.

I brought in the tip sheet and everything.

Thank God I went with the cheapest option to ship the impressions.

Now I have to wait an extra five days. 

This is a lot of hassle for CIEMs; they better be worth it.

I got an email from Nancy saying that mine were OK to use but I'm a little confused and not sure what to do now. Any advice?
post #2354 of 7980

You will need to send your impressions, along with your order form, to the Heir Audio labs in Chengdu. The address and shipping instructions for orders originating outside of North America is covered by question number 18 in our FAQ here: http://www.heiraudio.com/FAQ.html

 

Brannan Mason

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

post #2355 of 7980

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiman View Post

I got myself re-booked next monday, thats another weeks wait :(

Didn't lol at first as I was worried about the impressions and having to call them up to explain the situation, re-read this and yea it was pretty damn funny lolz.

 

One day, my "sense of humor" will get me punched, even through the Internet.

 

The good news for you is that the 4.A is worth the effort.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by KraftD1 View Post

Surprised you say the stock cables are so microphonic, especially since they are worn over-ear.  I haven't tried the Heir stock cable, but the Westone and Earsonics stock cable were minimally microphonic in my experience. 

 

I had an old version of the standard cable, it appears. The current version is quite OK.


Edited by Sinocelt - 9/25/12 at 6:11am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread