Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 124  

post #1846 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by yancem View Post

So I got my impressions made today and I plan on ordering a set of 4.A's tonight!  I'm getting really excited but my wife thinks I'm nuts for spending so much on headphones. 

 

You only live once :)  What kind of wood are you looking at?

post #1847 of 7980

This company is extremely appealing. Will definitely strive for a future purchase.

post #1848 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunninho View Post

 

You only live once :)  What kind of wood are you looking at?


I'm going with the Asian Satinwood with the woody logo on one faceplate and my initials engraved on the other.  The Wizard recommended that I let them choose which wood to use for the crown so I'm not sure what the inlay will be but I'm sure it will look great whatever they choose.

post #1849 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin89 View Post

This company is extremely appealing. Will definitely strive for a future purchase.

 

*Cough*

 

Taken from their web announcement,

---

   From October 1, 2012, Heir Audio will officially end the promotional prices for all of our CIEM products and the standard prices will be effective at the time. For our renowned 8 A, the standard package will include the superior Magnus 1 cables at no extra charge while 4 A will continue to come with free wood. 3 A will be set at US$449 for each pair. 

 

    At Heir Audio, we whole heartedly thank all of our valuable clients for your great support and confidence. As always, we will continue to strive for the best in providing the excellent music listening experience with our technologies and products.

 

 

Heir Audio

August 21, 2012

---

 

You know you want em (it)

post #1850 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by yancem View Post


I'm going with the Asian Satinwood with the woody logo on one faceplate and my initials engraved on the other.  The Wizard recommended that I let them choose which wood to use for the crown so I'm not sure what the inlay will be but I'm sure it will look great whatever they choose.

 

I can't find that wood on the website order form confused.gif

IMO they all look amazing.

post #1851 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by B[van] View Post

 

*Cough*

 

Taken from their web announcement,

---

   From October 1, 2012, Heir Audio will officially end the promotional prices for all of our CIEM products and the standard prices will be effective at the time. For our renowned 8 A, the standard package will include the superior Magnus 1 cables at no extra charge while 4 A will continue to come with free wood. 3 A will be set at US$449 for each pair. 

 

    At Heir Audio, we whole heartedly thank all of our valuable clients for your great support and confidence. As always, we will continue to strive for the best in providing the excellent music listening experience with our technologies and products.

 

 

Heir Audio

August 21, 2012

---

 

You know you want em (it)

That means I have a little over a month to decide if I want a 4.a to go with my 8.a  I read they compliment each other really well

post #1852 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by blur510 View Post

That means I have a little over a month to decide if I want a 4.a to go with my 8.a  I read they compliment each other really well

 

 

Only at Head-Fi

post #1853 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilzc View Post

 

 

Only at Head-Fi

I lol'ed. 

 

Then I remembered that I was listening to my 4.Ai while my 8.A are lying on my desk.

post #1854 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilzc View Post

 

 

Only at Head-Fi

yup, searched beats-rule.org, nothin' there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

I lol'ed. 

 

Then I remembered that I was listening to my 4.Ai while my 8.A are lying on my desk.

Lol, I know you have both, did you ever post a review on both? How different are they?

post #1855 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDom1nation View Post

 

I can't find that wood on the website order form confused.gif

IMO they all look amazing.


The new types of wood just got added to the order form in the last couple of days so check again.  I am having difficulties ordering though because the order calculator at the bottom of the page is adding the $150 for wood face plates even though it says "free" wohen you click on the button.  I sent an email to the Wizard on how to proceed so hopefully I can get my 4.A's ordered today!

post #1856 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by yancem View Post


The new types of wood just got added to the order form in the last couple of days so check again.  I am having difficulties ordering though because the order calculator at the bottom of the page is adding the $150 for wood face plates even though it says "free" wohen you click on the button.  I sent an email to the Wizard on how to proceed so hopefully I can get my 4.A's ordered today!

 

You can just order and deduct the price on your own when sending the payment through paypal :)

post #1857 of 7980

Hey all! I've been searching this thread. Can anyone point me to any comparisons between the 4A and the W4? 

post #1858 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by blur510 View Post

yup, searched beats-rule.org, nothin' there

Lol, I know you have both, did you ever post a review on both? How different are they?

I haven't written the review yet - I wanted it to be a proper review after getting to know both, not just a list of first impressions smile.gif

 

They are both very detailed but their presentations are quite different from each other. The 8.A gives you just about every single bit of sound present on the recording but you have to listen for it. A relaxed presentation that I can enjoy for hours (they get 6-8 hours in my ears every single day) without fatigue. They never get as mellow and laid back as my HD650, they just strike a perfect balance for my needs and taste. The 8.A lets you lean back and relax, the 4.A(i) is another beast. It serves up all the details for you on a silver platter, forcing you to listen actively and focus on the music. Keith Jarrett's Köln Concert is amazingly good with the 4.Ai, so much detail, spatial information and a stunning sound of the piano. It feels like you're really at the concert, hovering 50cm above the piano. For rap, dancehall and electro I prefer the 3.Ai or my 8.A as they both extend deeper than the 4.A(i) and have a better bass slam. Oddly, I find myself reaching for the 4.Ai when listening to the album "All Drums Go To Hell" by Two Steps From Hell. An album with - you guessed it - lots and lots of drums. You know that track "Mombasa" from the Inception soundtrack by Hans Zimmer? The one where Leonardo DiCaprio is running for his life through Mombasa and there's just percussion everywhere? Yeah, imagine an entire album with just that. Back on track: The 4.Ai is very fast and accurate so while the 3.Ai extends deeper, I really like how the drums sound from the 4.Ai. Or I can reach for the 8.A and get the best of both then the price just tripled...

post #1859 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

I haven't written the review yet - I wanted it to be a proper review after getting to know both, not just a list of first impressions smile.gif

 

They are both very detailed but their presentations are quite different from each other. The 8.A gives you just about every single bit of sound present on the recording but you have to listen for it. A relaxed presentation that I can enjoy for hours (they get 6-8 hours in my ears every single day) without fatigue. They never get as mellow and laid back as my HD650, they just strike a perfect balance for my needs and taste. The 8.A lets you lean back and relax, the 4.A(i) is another beast. It serves up all the details for you on a silver platter, forcing you to listen actively and focus on the music. Keith Jarrett's Köln Concert is amazingly good with the 4.Ai, so much detail, spatial information and a stunning sound of the piano. It feels like you're really at the concert, hovering 50cm above the piano. For rap, dancehall and electro I prefer the 3.Ai or my 8.A as they both extend deeper than the 4.A(i) and have a better bass slam. Oddly, I find myself reaching for the 4.Ai when listening to the album "All Drums Go To Hell" by Two Steps From Hell. An album with - you guessed it - lots and lots of drums. You know that track "Mombasa" from the Inception soundtrack by Hans Zimmer? The one where Leonardo DiCaprio is running for his life through Mombasa and there's just percussion everywhere? Yeah, imagine an entire album with just that. Back on track: The 4.Ai is very fast and accurate so while the 3.Ai extends deeper, I really like how the drums sound from the 4.Ai. Or I can reach for the 8.A and get the best of both then the price just tripled...

 

Awesome comparison of all three models!  I'm definitely keeping an eye on the 3Ai in the foreseeable future... unless Heir comes up with some other new work of art ;)

post #1860 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

I haven't written the review yet - I wanted it to be a proper review after getting to know both, not just a list of first impressions smile.gif

 

They are both very detailed but their presentations are quite different from each other. The 8.A gives you just about every single bit of sound present on the recording but you have to listen for it. A relaxed presentation that I can enjoy for hours (they get 6-8 hours in my ears every single day) without fatigue. They never get as mellow and laid back as my HD650, they just strike a perfect balance for my needs and taste. The 8.A lets you lean back and relax, the 4.A(i) is another beast. It serves up all the details for you on a silver platter, forcing you to listen actively and focus on the music. Keith Jarrett's Köln Concert is amazingly good with the 4.Ai, so much detail, spatial information and a stunning sound of the piano. It feels like you're really at the concert, hovering 50cm above the piano. For rap, dancehall and electro I prefer the 3.Ai or my 8.A as they both extend deeper than the 4.A(i) and have a better bass slam. Oddly, I find myself reaching for the 4.Ai when listening to the album "All Drums Go To Hell" by Two Steps From Hell. An album with - you guessed it - lots and lots of drums. You know that track "Mombasa" from the Inception soundtrack by Hans Zimmer? The one where Leonardo DiCaprio is running for his life through Mombasa and there's just percussion everywhere? Yeah, imagine an entire album with just that. Back on track: The 4.Ai is very fast and accurate so while the 3.Ai extends deeper, I really like how the drums sound from the 4.Ai. Or I can reach for the 8.A and get the best of both then the price just tripled...

 

 

This post is making me have second, third, forth, fifth, etc thoughts about ordering the 3.Ai as I was planning, instead of the 4.Ai... redface.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread