- 1,857 Posts. Joined 12/2009
- Location: Upstate
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Equipment to compare. iFi iDSD Black Label AMP/DAC (returned) Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Gen Headphones (returned) Meridian Explorer 2 AMP/DAC (returned) Beyerdynamic A20 Amp (returned) HiFiMan X...
RHA CL1 – initial impressions Reid Heath Audio are a Scotland-based manufacturer who will be familiar to iFans, with their T10i and T20i all-metal IEMs being prominently displayed in Apple...
Why I love iFi and their products iFi have been known, reputably for their amazing amplifiers and DAC. Ranging from Nano to Micro to Retro and the most recent addition, the Pro line, iFi have an...
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 109post #1621 of 79808/6/12 at 9:09amThread StarterGlad to see that you received yours. My package has been held up in Chinese customs since Friday and was just just released according to UPS. Assuming no further delays in US customs my package should be here on Wednesday.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1622 of 79808/6/12 at 9:22amQuote:
Awesome, get over to the 4.Ai thread i made when you get them! Your gonna be in for a treat ;)post #1623 of 79808/6/12 at 10:16ampost #1624 of 79808/6/12 at 10:24ampost #1625 of 79808/6/12 at 11:33amHow is the fit. Is it comfortable, does it move around? I've used a lot of universals so I know manufactures can get very close but there is always someone with fit issues. Especially with silicone tips, some people just can't stand them. It has to be foamies or olives.post #1626 of 79808/6/12 at 11:56amQuote:Originally Posted by sunneebear
How is the fit. Is it comfortable, does it move around? I've used a lot of universals so I know manufactures can get very close but there is always someone with fit issues. Especially with silicone tips, some people just can't stand them. It has to be foamies or olives.
On the thread i mades OP i put in some pictures of it and some of them in my ear. They look like a custom in some senses with the way that they fit. I push them in my ear and then use the memory wire to angle and push them round into my canal were they sit comfortable. The silicone tip seems to only be their to make sure you get a seal and it does the job nice. Once in they are there and stay there.
However i am sure someone will end up complaining with the fit and i personally have had my bad experiences. I could not stand the Shure SE530 and had to get rid of them. I tried about 10 different brand tips with them including Comply and Shure foams. These however are just fine and they also fit T200 comply so i think the vast majority should be alright. They are very rounded which should also help as i know a lot of people could not deal with the Aurisonics ASG-1 for its fit as it had a little bump. This is all smooth which should suit most people and it is overall a bit smaller that the ASG-1s. If you have not had past problems then i would not worry at all. I will also mention that these do go in quite deep without feeling intrusive.
With the Aurisonics ASG-1 - The other universal custompost #1627 of 79808/6/12 at 12:31pmpost #1628 of 79808/6/12 at 12:40pmYes the shape is rather ergonomic.
Oh yes that is a benefit of a black cable. The cable is fully green now but silly in great working condition other than that.post #1629 of 79808/6/12 at 1:26pmThread Starterpost #1630 of 79808/6/12 at 1:32pmpost #1631 of 79808/6/12 at 2:13pmpost #1632 of 79808/6/12 at 2:13pmQuote:
Yep, that's my experience with stock clear cables. Not sure if any of the aftermarket ones hold up better. It's too bad because I think they look great initially, much better than black. But they go downhill so quickly that it isn't worth it. Not that they sound any different when they are green, but the look is.... unappealing.post #1633 of 79808/6/12 at 2:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by project86
Yep, that's my experience with stock clear cables. Not sure if any of the aftermarket ones hold up better. It's too bad because I think they look great initially, much better than black. But they go downhill so quickly that it isn't worth it. Not that they sound any different when they are green, but the look is.... unappealing.
Honestly. The great thing about high purity silver cables is even after they oxidize (which should take a long time if properly maintaining and having purchased a well-made one) they still look cool. Unless you dislike the silver/black combination.post #1634 of 79808/6/12 at 2:38pm
I bought a clear cable and it hasn't gone green yet. When the time comes for me to "upgrade" to woodies I'm going to get another clear cable in the hopes that it does green as I imagine the effect would be quite nice.post #1635 of 79808/6/12 at 2:42pmQuote:
I thought silver tarnishes blue... I might be off though XD Silver and black wouldn't look bad... If only it was striped...Quote:
I would think the green would compliment the wood-grain well (not the black though) :pReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 31 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 50 seconds ago
- › Micro-Driver Madness!! (Joyroom E107 added) 1 minute ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Other Metal Thread: No Blastbeat Metal Zone! 2 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear