- 1,783 Posts. Joined 12/2009
- Location: Upstate
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
First off, I got the E80 on loan from a generous fellow headfi'er. You know who you are. Thanks! I have absolutely no connection to SoundMagic and have no incentive to compose this review...
The Blackwood and Cherrywood side by side. Overall view of what this review consisted of. First of all, I’d like to thank Zach for supplying the Omni for this...
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 109post #1621 of 79808/6/12 at 9:09amThread StarterGlad to see that you received yours. My package has been held up in Chinese customs since Friday and was just just released according to UPS. Assuming no further delays in US customs my package should be here on Wednesday.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1622 of 79808/6/12 at 9:22amQuote:
Awesome, get over to the 4.Ai thread i made when you get them! Your gonna be in for a treat ;)post #1623 of 79808/6/12 at 10:16ampost #1624 of 79808/6/12 at 10:24ampost #1625 of 79808/6/12 at 11:33amHow is the fit. Is it comfortable, does it move around? I've used a lot of universals so I know manufactures can get very close but there is always someone with fit issues. Especially with silicone tips, some people just can't stand them. It has to be foamies or olives.post #1626 of 79808/6/12 at 11:56amQuote:Originally Posted by sunneebear
How is the fit. Is it comfortable, does it move around? I've used a lot of universals so I know manufactures can get very close but there is always someone with fit issues. Especially with silicone tips, some people just can't stand them. It has to be foamies or olives.
On the thread i mades OP i put in some pictures of it and some of them in my ear. They look like a custom in some senses with the way that they fit. I push them in my ear and then use the memory wire to angle and push them round into my canal were they sit comfortable. The silicone tip seems to only be their to make sure you get a seal and it does the job nice. Once in they are there and stay there.
However i am sure someone will end up complaining with the fit and i personally have had my bad experiences. I could not stand the Shure SE530 and had to get rid of them. I tried about 10 different brand tips with them including Comply and Shure foams. These however are just fine and they also fit T200 comply so i think the vast majority should be alright. They are very rounded which should also help as i know a lot of people could not deal with the Aurisonics ASG-1 for its fit as it had a little bump. This is all smooth which should suit most people and it is overall a bit smaller that the ASG-1s. If you have not had past problems then i would not worry at all. I will also mention that these do go in quite deep without feeling intrusive.
With the Aurisonics ASG-1 - The other universal custompost #1627 of 79808/6/12 at 12:31pmpost #1628 of 79808/6/12 at 12:40pmYes the shape is rather ergonomic.
Oh yes that is a benefit of a black cable. The cable is fully green now but silly in great working condition other than that.post #1629 of 79808/6/12 at 1:26pmThread Starterpost #1630 of 79808/6/12 at 1:32pmpost #1631 of 79808/6/12 at 2:13pmpost #1632 of 79808/6/12 at 2:13pmQuote:
Yep, that's my experience with stock clear cables. Not sure if any of the aftermarket ones hold up better. It's too bad because I think they look great initially, much better than black. But they go downhill so quickly that it isn't worth it. Not that they sound any different when they are green, but the look is.... unappealing.post #1633 of 79808/6/12 at 2:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by project86
Yep, that's my experience with stock clear cables. Not sure if any of the aftermarket ones hold up better. It's too bad because I think they look great initially, much better than black. But they go downhill so quickly that it isn't worth it. Not that they sound any different when they are green, but the look is.... unappealing.
Honestly. The great thing about high purity silver cables is even after they oxidize (which should take a long time if properly maintaining and having purchased a well-made one) they still look cool. Unless you dislike the silver/black combination.post #1634 of 79808/6/12 at 2:38pm
I bought a clear cable and it hasn't gone green yet. When the time comes for me to "upgrade" to woodies I'm going to get another clear cable in the hopes that it does green as I imagine the effect would be quite nice.post #1635 of 79808/6/12 at 2:42pmQuote:
I thought silver tarnishes blue... I might be off though XD Silver and black wouldn't look bad... If only it was striped...Quote:
I would think the green would compliment the wood-grain well (not the black though) :pReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . New... 1 minute ago
- › Highs, Mids, Lows - what do these mean? yes i'm serious 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Help choosing some lower midrange IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 8 minutes ago
- › Totaldac D1-Dual Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 9 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 9 minutes ago
- › MATRIX M-Stage HPA-3B Class A Full Balance Headphone Amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by nmatheis
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3