- 1,675 Posts. Joined 12/2009
- Location: Upstate
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Cayin N6 Pros-quality build & sound, UI, neutralish, amp not needed Cons-battery life could be longer, large, gets warm Settings- low gain, soft, no eq. Note: I had an...
Introduction The A83 have been on my wish list for a while now, saw them at a reasonable price so thought why not snatch them up. So here we are I finally have the lovelies plugged into my ears...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour, this is my first time listening to high end DAP! Introduction I...
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 109post #1621 of 79808/6/12 at 9:09amThread StarterGlad to see that you received yours. My package has been held up in Chinese customs since Friday and was just just released according to UPS. Assuming no further delays in US customs my package should be here on Wednesday.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1622 of 79808/6/12 at 9:22amQuote:
Awesome, get over to the 4.Ai thread i made when you get them! Your gonna be in for a treat ;)post #1623 of 79808/6/12 at 10:16ampost #1624 of 79808/6/12 at 10:24ampost #1625 of 79808/6/12 at 11:33amHow is the fit. Is it comfortable, does it move around? I've used a lot of universals so I know manufactures can get very close but there is always someone with fit issues. Especially with silicone tips, some people just can't stand them. It has to be foamies or olives.post #1626 of 79808/6/12 at 11:56amQuote:Originally Posted by sunneebear
How is the fit. Is it comfortable, does it move around? I've used a lot of universals so I know manufactures can get very close but there is always someone with fit issues. Especially with silicone tips, some people just can't stand them. It has to be foamies or olives.
On the thread i mades OP i put in some pictures of it and some of them in my ear. They look like a custom in some senses with the way that they fit. I push them in my ear and then use the memory wire to angle and push them round into my canal were they sit comfortable. The silicone tip seems to only be their to make sure you get a seal and it does the job nice. Once in they are there and stay there.
However i am sure someone will end up complaining with the fit and i personally have had my bad experiences. I could not stand the Shure SE530 and had to get rid of them. I tried about 10 different brand tips with them including Comply and Shure foams. These however are just fine and they also fit T200 comply so i think the vast majority should be alright. They are very rounded which should also help as i know a lot of people could not deal with the Aurisonics ASG-1 for its fit as it had a little bump. This is all smooth which should suit most people and it is overall a bit smaller that the ASG-1s. If you have not had past problems then i would not worry at all. I will also mention that these do go in quite deep without feeling intrusive.
With the Aurisonics ASG-1 - The other universal custompost #1627 of 79808/6/12 at 12:31pmpost #1628 of 79808/6/12 at 12:40pmYes the shape is rather ergonomic.
Oh yes that is a benefit of a black cable. The cable is fully green now but silly in great working condition other than that.post #1629 of 79808/6/12 at 1:26pmThread Starterpost #1630 of 79808/6/12 at 1:32pmpost #1631 of 79808/6/12 at 2:13pmpost #1632 of 79808/6/12 at 2:13pmQuote:
Yep, that's my experience with stock clear cables. Not sure if any of the aftermarket ones hold up better. It's too bad because I think they look great initially, much better than black. But they go downhill so quickly that it isn't worth it. Not that they sound any different when they are green, but the look is.... unappealing.post #1633 of 79808/6/12 at 2:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by project86
Yep, that's my experience with stock clear cables. Not sure if any of the aftermarket ones hold up better. It's too bad because I think they look great initially, much better than black. But they go downhill so quickly that it isn't worth it. Not that they sound any different when they are green, but the look is.... unappealing.
Honestly. The great thing about high purity silver cables is even after they oxidize (which should take a long time if properly maintaining and having purchased a well-made one) they still look cool. Unless you dislike the silver/black combination.post #1634 of 79808/6/12 at 2:38pm
I bought a clear cable and it hasn't gone green yet. When the time comes for me to "upgrade" to woodies I'm going to get another clear cable in the hopes that it does green as I imagine the effect would be quite nice.post #1635 of 79808/6/12 at 2:42pmQuote:
I thought silver tarnishes blue... I might be off though XD Silver and black wouldn't look bad... If only it was striped...Quote:
I would think the green would compliment the wood-grain well (not the black though) :pReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 24 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 27 seconds ago
- › Portable speaker as big as possible 31 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 34 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Diana Krall Hater's Club 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2