- 1,857 Posts. Joined 12/2009
- Location: Upstate
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 109post #1621 of 79808/6/12 at 9:09amThread StarterGlad to see that you received yours. My package has been held up in Chinese customs since Friday and was just just released according to UPS. Assuming no further delays in US customs my package should be here on Wednesday.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1622 of 79808/6/12 at 9:22amQuote:
Awesome, get over to the 4.Ai thread i made when you get them! Your gonna be in for a treat ;)post #1623 of 79808/6/12 at 10:16ampost #1624 of 79808/6/12 at 10:24ampost #1625 of 79808/6/12 at 11:33amHow is the fit. Is it comfortable, does it move around? I've used a lot of universals so I know manufactures can get very close but there is always someone with fit issues. Especially with silicone tips, some people just can't stand them. It has to be foamies or olives.post #1626 of 79808/6/12 at 11:56amQuote:Originally Posted by sunneebear
How is the fit. Is it comfortable, does it move around? I've used a lot of universals so I know manufactures can get very close but there is always someone with fit issues. Especially with silicone tips, some people just can't stand them. It has to be foamies or olives.
On the thread i mades OP i put in some pictures of it and some of them in my ear. They look like a custom in some senses with the way that they fit. I push them in my ear and then use the memory wire to angle and push them round into my canal were they sit comfortable. The silicone tip seems to only be their to make sure you get a seal and it does the job nice. Once in they are there and stay there.
However i am sure someone will end up complaining with the fit and i personally have had my bad experiences. I could not stand the Shure SE530 and had to get rid of them. I tried about 10 different brand tips with them including Comply and Shure foams. These however are just fine and they also fit T200 comply so i think the vast majority should be alright. They are very rounded which should also help as i know a lot of people could not deal with the Aurisonics ASG-1 for its fit as it had a little bump. This is all smooth which should suit most people and it is overall a bit smaller that the ASG-1s. If you have not had past problems then i would not worry at all. I will also mention that these do go in quite deep without feeling intrusive.
With the Aurisonics ASG-1 - The other universal custompost #1627 of 79808/6/12 at 12:31pmpost #1628 of 79808/6/12 at 12:40pmYes the shape is rather ergonomic.
Oh yes that is a benefit of a black cable. The cable is fully green now but silly in great working condition other than that.post #1629 of 79808/6/12 at 1:26pmThread Starterpost #1630 of 79808/6/12 at 1:32pmpost #1631 of 79808/6/12 at 2:13pmpost #1632 of 79808/6/12 at 2:13pmQuote:
Yep, that's my experience with stock clear cables. Not sure if any of the aftermarket ones hold up better. It's too bad because I think they look great initially, much better than black. But they go downhill so quickly that it isn't worth it. Not that they sound any different when they are green, but the look is.... unappealing.post #1633 of 79808/6/12 at 2:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by project86
Yep, that's my experience with stock clear cables. Not sure if any of the aftermarket ones hold up better. It's too bad because I think they look great initially, much better than black. But they go downhill so quickly that it isn't worth it. Not that they sound any different when they are green, but the look is.... unappealing.
Honestly. The great thing about high purity silver cables is even after they oxidize (which should take a long time if properly maintaining and having purchased a well-made one) they still look cool. Unless you dislike the silver/black combination.post #1634 of 79808/6/12 at 2:38pm
I bought a clear cable and it hasn't gone green yet. When the time comes for me to "upgrade" to woodies I'm going to get another clear cable in the hopes that it does green as I imagine the effect would be quite nice.post #1635 of 79808/6/12 at 2:42pmQuote:
I thought silver tarnishes blue... I might be off though XD Silver and black wouldn't look bad... If only it was striped...Quote:
I would think the green would compliment the wood-grain well (not the black though) :pReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › "Open Alpha" T50 3D printed headphone project from MrSpeakers 25 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 35 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › Introducing a high quality Bluetooth "Wireless" cable from LEAR! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Best Computer Audio Player Software? 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear