good luck on it man! I will be soon following your footsteps on getting the 4A
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 79802/8/12 at 10:57am
Pretty much exactly the same timeline, but no response yet :(.
Quote:Originally Posted by ardgedee
Heir emailed me a notification early this morning that my 4.A was in shipment.
So here's the timeline:
Order filed Dec 31
Ear moulds shipped Jan 4
FedEx reports ear moulds package received Jan 9
Heir confirms receipt of package Jan 14
[Lunar New Year: Jan 23]
Heir ships cIEMs Feb 7
Pretty good turnaround, considering the holiday. Shipping to China and back will have taken almost as big a chunk of time as fabrication, assuming Heir was closed for the week around CNY.
More opinions when the package arrives.post #123 of 79802/8/12 at 12:10pmpost #124 of 79802/8/12 at 1:40pmpost #125 of 79802/9/12 at 1:08am
Yes I did get an email confirming impressions were received around 29th December but nothing since. Just wondering if they receive too many emails and mine is always going to the bottom of the pile! Just a little frustrating hearing others getting theirs(happy for them of course) having made orders a lot later than me. It's a bit like waiting for a table in a restaurant and someone coming in later gets a table first. :ppost #126 of 79802/9/12 at 8:47am
Did you ask for anything special? I went with just transparent black acrylic and a logo on the left side. If you went for woodies it might take more time to get the materials, shape them, etc.post #127 of 79802/9/12 at 2:16pmpost #128 of 79802/9/12 at 5:01pmpost #129 of 79802/9/12 at 8:59pm
My 4A arrived this afternoon.
Fit and finish is superb. The acrylic is uniformly tinted and smoothly polished. I can chew without breaking the seal. Testament to good impressions as well as good shaping.
Complete isolation - I cannot hear my "clacky" mechanical keyboard with them fitted and music playing at 35% volume.
The cables plug into the ports firmly. The braided cable finish is nice and appears to resist twisting.
Sound is balanced - none of the bass bloat that I was dreading. Bass is "tight" with good impact.
My thanks to the other fellows who posted that the 4A would be a neutral CIEM. And thanks to the OP (project86) who brought the brand to my attention.
My first CIEM - I wish I had purchased a pair earlier! This is going to make airport transfers & flights so much more enjoyable.
4 weeks from sending the impressions ex Sydney to receiving the CIEM.post #130 of 79802/10/12 at 6:21ampost #131 of 79802/10/12 at 7:01ampost #132 of 79802/10/12 at 7:04ampost #133 of 79802/10/12 at 12:49pm
Heir is really tempting , btw. has anybody from the EU ordered this?, just curious about the customs fee!! I can barely manage the cost for the 4As but don't have enough to pay an insane customs fee/vat!post #134 of 79802/10/12 at 12:52pm
As Heir is located in China you will have to pay customs when ordering from the EU. Not sure about the rules in Germany, but here it's the moms (VAT) at 25% + a fee + a percentage depending on the type of goods ordered.
Not many options for Europeans who do not want to pay taxes. All I can think of is Spiral Ear and ACS, but I'm sure there are others?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH940 and Beats Pro Potential Driver Swap 2 minutes ago
- › New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 &... 3 minutes ago
- › Open vs Closed: A Review and Comparison of the AKG K712 Pro and the... 4 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX90 - which headphones do you prefer to use with DX90? 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Roxanne Universal Fit for Noble Audio Kaiser 10 6 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 7 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › 2014 Model SMSL SAP-5 Portable Headphone Amplifer Introduction /... 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)