good luck on it man! I will be soon following your footsteps on getting the 4A
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and also I wanted to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to headphones...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 9
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #122 of 79802/8/12 at 10:57am
Pretty much exactly the same timeline, but no response yet :(.
Quote:Originally Posted by ardgedee
Heir emailed me a notification early this morning that my 4.A was in shipment.
So here's the timeline:
Order filed Dec 31
Ear moulds shipped Jan 4
FedEx reports ear moulds package received Jan 9
Heir confirms receipt of package Jan 14
[Lunar New Year: Jan 23]
Heir ships cIEMs Feb 7
Pretty good turnaround, considering the holiday. Shipping to China and back will have taken almost as big a chunk of time as fabrication, assuming Heir was closed for the week around CNY.
More opinions when the package arrives.post #123 of 79802/8/12 at 12:10pmpost #124 of 79802/8/12 at 1:40pmpost #125 of 79802/9/12 at 1:08am
Yes I did get an email confirming impressions were received around 29th December but nothing since. Just wondering if they receive too many emails and mine is always going to the bottom of the pile! Just a little frustrating hearing others getting theirs(happy for them of course) having made orders a lot later than me. It's a bit like waiting for a table in a restaurant and someone coming in later gets a table first. :ppost #126 of 79802/9/12 at 8:47am
Did you ask for anything special? I went with just transparent black acrylic and a logo on the left side. If you went for woodies it might take more time to get the materials, shape them, etc.post #127 of 79802/9/12 at 2:16pmpost #128 of 79802/9/12 at 5:01pmpost #129 of 79802/9/12 at 8:59pm
My 4A arrived this afternoon.
Fit and finish is superb. The acrylic is uniformly tinted and smoothly polished. I can chew without breaking the seal. Testament to good impressions as well as good shaping.
Complete isolation - I cannot hear my "clacky" mechanical keyboard with them fitted and music playing at 35% volume.
The cables plug into the ports firmly. The braided cable finish is nice and appears to resist twisting.
Sound is balanced - none of the bass bloat that I was dreading. Bass is "tight" with good impact.
My thanks to the other fellows who posted that the 4A would be a neutral CIEM. And thanks to the OP (project86) who brought the brand to my attention.
My first CIEM - I wish I had purchased a pair earlier! This is going to make airport transfers & flights so much more enjoyable.
4 weeks from sending the impressions ex Sydney to receiving the CIEM.post #130 of 79802/10/12 at 6:21ampost #131 of 79802/10/12 at 7:01ampost #132 of 79802/10/12 at 7:04ampost #133 of 79802/10/12 at 12:49pm
Heir is really tempting , btw. has anybody from the EU ordered this?, just curious about the customs fee!! I can barely manage the cost for the 4As but don't have enough to pay an insane customs fee/vat!post #134 of 79802/10/12 at 12:52pm
As Heir is located in China you will have to pay customs when ordering from the EU. Not sure about the rules in Germany, but here it's the moms (VAT) at 25% + a fee + a percentage depending on the type of goods ordered.
Not many options for Europeans who do not want to pay taxes. All I can think of is Spiral Ear and ACS, but I'm sure there are others?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 2 seconds ago
- › Upgrading to good speakers. Please help newbie to understand a... 1 minute ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Accidentally took my SE215s through a week of hillwalking in... 5 minutes ago
- › Naps feel great 6 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 6 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3