good luck on it man! I will be soon following your footsteps on getting the 4A
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 5/23/12
- brandHeir Audiotagged by System, 4/3/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Atagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Aitagged by System, 8/7/12
- productHeir Audio 6 A Custom IEMtagged by System, 5/23/12
- productHeir Audio 8 Atagged by System, 5/23/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/23/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Big thanks to InEar and Musicteck for providing a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Background When was the last time you used a pair of earbuds? Perhaps you use your Apple Earpods at work to remain inconspicuous, or maybe you are one of the many who have purchased the VE...
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 9
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #122 of 79802/8/12 at 10:57am
Pretty much exactly the same timeline, but no response yet :(.
Quote:Originally Posted by ardgedee
Heir emailed me a notification early this morning that my 4.A was in shipment.
So here's the timeline:
Order filed Dec 31
Ear moulds shipped Jan 4
FedEx reports ear moulds package received Jan 9
Heir confirms receipt of package Jan 14
[Lunar New Year: Jan 23]
Heir ships cIEMs Feb 7
Pretty good turnaround, considering the holiday. Shipping to China and back will have taken almost as big a chunk of time as fabrication, assuming Heir was closed for the week around CNY.
More opinions when the package arrives.post #123 of 79802/8/12 at 12:10pmpost #124 of 79802/8/12 at 1:40pmpost #125 of 79802/9/12 at 1:08am
Yes I did get an email confirming impressions were received around 29th December but nothing since. Just wondering if they receive too many emails and mine is always going to the bottom of the pile! Just a little frustrating hearing others getting theirs(happy for them of course) having made orders a lot later than me. It's a bit like waiting for a table in a restaurant and someone coming in later gets a table first. :ppost #126 of 79802/9/12 at 8:47am
Did you ask for anything special? I went with just transparent black acrylic and a logo on the left side. If you went for woodies it might take more time to get the materials, shape them, etc.post #127 of 79802/9/12 at 2:16pmpost #128 of 79802/9/12 at 5:01pmpost #129 of 79802/9/12 at 8:59pm
My 4A arrived this afternoon.
Fit and finish is superb. The acrylic is uniformly tinted and smoothly polished. I can chew without breaking the seal. Testament to good impressions as well as good shaping.
Complete isolation - I cannot hear my "clacky" mechanical keyboard with them fitted and music playing at 35% volume.
The cables plug into the ports firmly. The braided cable finish is nice and appears to resist twisting.
Sound is balanced - none of the bass bloat that I was dreading. Bass is "tight" with good impact.
My thanks to the other fellows who posted that the 4A would be a neutral CIEM. And thanks to the OP (project86) who brought the brand to my attention.
My first CIEM - I wish I had purchased a pair earlier! This is going to make airport transfers & flights so much more enjoyable.
4 weeks from sending the impressions ex Sydney to receiving the CIEM.post #130 of 79802/10/12 at 6:21ampost #131 of 79802/10/12 at 7:01ampost #132 of 79802/10/12 at 7:04ampost #133 of 79802/10/12 at 12:49pm
Heir is really tempting , btw. has anybody from the EU ordered this?, just curious about the customs fee!! I can barely manage the cost for the 4As but don't have enough to pay an insane customs fee/vat!post #134 of 79802/10/12 at 12:52pm
As Heir is located in China you will have to pay customs when ordering from the EU. Not sure about the rules in Germany, but here it's the moms (VAT) at 25% + a fee + a percentage depending on the type of goods ordered.
Not many options for Europeans who do not want to pay taxes. All I can think of is Spiral Ear and ACS, but I'm sure there are others?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor) 7 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 58 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendation on upgrading my Grado sr325is Setup 4 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 5 minutes ago
- › Custom T1 Pro Headset 5 minutes ago
- › How to eliminate stuttering in audio players? 6 minutes ago
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...