How does 3ai model compare to westone um3x? I am listening lots of dubstep and I used to love that but looking for something equal or more worthy to have.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Heir Audio World Tour Last post on 3/16/13 at 3:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Heir Audio 4.A Last post on 2/28/13 at 11:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Firstly let's get some things squared away: I do not believe in break-in. (Burn-in for those who don't understand terminology.) I do not believe cable materials alter sound. I do not...
The 90s have taken a while to grow on me. I found a deal for the L2s (champagne accents and cable) on AMZ Warehouse and pulled the trigger after becoming interested in JVC's dual-driver...
The DAC market is clearly exploding. Seems like every week or so we hear of a new model being launched. Many of them look quite nice, with good specs and plenty of features. Some...
very relax sounding IEM, great for relaxing, fit is awkward if u have small ears, accessories are tons but most are useless, tape mod is good! Recommended
I bought these back in October and have only been able to enjoy them in the last couple of weeks (i.e. from late April 2013 after ordering in October 2012). I can't stress enough how important it...
Heir Audio - The Appreciation Thread - Page 318post #4756 of 72111/27/13 at 4:52am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #4757 of 72111/27/13 at 9:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Lidster
I have stuff (wax I presume) stuck in my 4a sound tubes (all four of them would you believe) and I cant get it out. It has gone too deep for the hooped cleaning tool and i have been trying to use a longer safety pin to fish it out but no joy. The metal ring that looks to be near the top of the tube isnt helping as it creates a rim that makes it difficult to get the debris past.
Is there anything else i can do? Do i just accept that it is there? Will it be affecting sound quality? Do I send it back to Heir (being in the uk id rather not do that but will do if necessary and Heir think they can sort it)? Could i take it to a more local company to fix (ultimate hearing protection are a ciem company quite near me) but what about invalidating warranty?
Thanks in advance for any guidance.
im not too sure but maybe use a house vacuum cleaner?post #4758 of 72111/27/13 at 9:32ampost #4759 of 72111/27/13 at 11:43am
haha - thats quite an industrial approach to the problem
I've mailed Heir to see what their advice is - I can't seem to tell a difference in the sound but still not happy having the debris in there!post #4760 of 72111/27/13 at 11:59ampost #4761 of 72111/27/13 at 12:10pmThread Starterpost #4762 of 72111/27/13 at 12:31pmQuote:
lol, or put a light to it and burn the wax out. (That is a joke please not do that since it might void your warranty)post #4763 of 72111/27/13 at 1:15pm
mmm - could be the filters that have been pushed in, they are sort of orange coloured? Oh dear - I have really messed them up haven't Ipost #4764 of 72111/27/13 at 2:11pmQuote:
More than likely, yes. But the repair would probably be fairly simple, if one has the equipment. (and that is the rub)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an RMApost #4765 of 72111/27/13 at 2:42pmpost #4766 of 72111/27/13 at 6:03pmQuote:
Looks like a part of the filter that got pushed all the way down when you tried to insert the cleaning tool. Try looking at the tube from above and see if you spot any membrane thing inside that metal ring.
It'd take a massive amount of wax to go that deep past the filter, the easiest way to diagnose is to listen if the sound gets kind of clogged up on one side, unless you punched through all 4 filters on both sides.
I'd love to hear Heir's solution to this problem as well.post #4767 of 72111/27/13 at 6:48pmpost #4768 of 72111/27/13 at 7:11pmI keep a microfiber cloth packed with the earpieces. I give them a quick wipe after every listening session, and eyeball the sound tubes. Then, at the end of the day's listening, do a more thorough wipe down and clean out the sound tubes. Even when you can't see buildup, there is usually some buildup anyway.
I notice my ears produce more wax when I'm in major cities where there's more pollution. So when I travel I get more obsessive about keeping the IEMs clean.post #4769 of 72111/27/13 at 8:38pm
Generally my ears don't produce too much wax. Well not the kind that gets in the IEM itself. But on the outside shell I do get some residue but I just wipe that off. :) But that was on my former Custom. So not so sure how things will fair with the Heir.
post #4770 of 72111/28/13 at 2:21am
One of my custom IEMs has a silicone tip, the other has acrylic with slightly larger sound tubes. They've needed the same cleaning regimens. The silicone-tipped one occasionally also gets a very careful wet cleaning because earwax sticks to it more tenaciously and it'll develop an earwax funk if I don't do this.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Heir Audio - The Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Grado Modification Overview
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 10 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 59 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Are expensive digital transports useless? 1 minute ago
- › IHIFI-812V2 WM8740 24bit/192KHz 8GB internal AMP Portable HiFi... 2 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 3 minutes ago
- › Post pics of your builds.... 4 minutes ago
- › -=Germania=-'s Audio Technica ESW9 Mod(s) 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 5 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Lightweight Audiophile AV Over-Ear Headphones (Black) by CrystalT
- › JVC HA-FXT90 by JoeDoe
- › Firestone Tobby by project86
- › Sennheiser IE80 by minhquancanon7d
- › Unique Melody Miracle by Loquah
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by jeffphus
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by REvandenBERG
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by TheGame21x
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by TKWizard
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by lepermessiah
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe