How does 3ai model compare to westone um3x? I am listening lots of dubstep and I used to love that but looking for something equal or more worthy to have.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Heir Audio World Tour Last post on 3/16/13 at 3:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Open headphones or IEMS!! Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ie80 or heir audio Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Heir Audio 4.A Last post on Yesterday at 9:40 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 replacements - opinions wanted! Last post on 7/25/12 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
Heir Audio - The Appreciation Thread - Page 318post #4756 of 73151/27/13 at 4:52am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #4757 of 73151/27/13 at 9:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Lidster
I have stuff (wax I presume) stuck in my 4a sound tubes (all four of them would you believe) and I cant get it out. It has gone too deep for the hooped cleaning tool and i have been trying to use a longer safety pin to fish it out but no joy. The metal ring that looks to be near the top of the tube isnt helping as it creates a rim that makes it difficult to get the debris past.
Is there anything else i can do? Do i just accept that it is there? Will it be affecting sound quality? Do I send it back to Heir (being in the uk id rather not do that but will do if necessary and Heir think they can sort it)? Could i take it to a more local company to fix (ultimate hearing protection are a ciem company quite near me) but what about invalidating warranty?
Thanks in advance for any guidance.
im not too sure but maybe use a house vacuum cleaner?post #4758 of 73151/27/13 at 9:32ampost #4759 of 73151/27/13 at 11:43am
haha - thats quite an industrial approach to the problem
I've mailed Heir to see what their advice is - I can't seem to tell a difference in the sound but still not happy having the debris in there!post #4760 of 73151/27/13 at 11:59ampost #4761 of 73151/27/13 at 12:10pmThread Starterpost #4762 of 73151/27/13 at 12:31pmQuote:
lol, or put a light to it and burn the wax out. (That is a joke please not do that since it might void your warranty)post #4763 of 73151/27/13 at 1:15pm
mmm - could be the filters that have been pushed in, they are sort of orange coloured? Oh dear - I have really messed them up haven't Ipost #4764 of 73151/27/13 at 2:11pmQuote:
More than likely, yes. But the repair would probably be fairly simple, if one has the equipment. (and that is the rub)
Contact email@example.com for an RMApost #4765 of 73151/27/13 at 2:42pmpost #4766 of 73151/27/13 at 6:03pmQuote:
Looks like a part of the filter that got pushed all the way down when you tried to insert the cleaning tool. Try looking at the tube from above and see if you spot any membrane thing inside that metal ring.
It'd take a massive amount of wax to go that deep past the filter, the easiest way to diagnose is to listen if the sound gets kind of clogged up on one side, unless you punched through all 4 filters on both sides.
I'd love to hear Heir's solution to this problem as well.post #4767 of 73151/27/13 at 6:48pmpost #4768 of 73151/27/13 at 7:11pmI keep a microfiber cloth packed with the earpieces. I give them a quick wipe after every listening session, and eyeball the sound tubes. Then, at the end of the day's listening, do a more thorough wipe down and clean out the sound tubes. Even when you can't see buildup, there is usually some buildup anyway.
I notice my ears produce more wax when I'm in major cities where there's more pollution. So when I travel I get more obsessive about keeping the IEMs clean.post #4769 of 73151/27/13 at 8:38pm
Generally my ears don't produce too much wax. Well not the kind that gets in the IEM itself. But on the outside shell I do get some residue but I just wipe that off. :) But that was on my former Custom. So not so sure how things will fair with the Heir.
post #4770 of 73151/28/13 at 2:21am
One of my custom IEMs has a silicone tip, the other has acrylic with slightly larger sound tubes. They've needed the same cleaning regimens. The silicone-tipped one occasionally also gets a very careful wet cleaning because earwax sticks to it more tenaciously and it'll develop an earwax funk if I don't do this.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Heir Audio - The Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Newbie, assistance required! Portable amps 15 seconds ago
- › Heir Audio - The Appreciation Thread 30 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 32 seconds ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/17/13.... 1 minute ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › Gundam Model-Fi (Gunpla) (Post Some Pictures!) 2 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-21 : Will it achieve High End status ? 2 minutes ago
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 3 minutes ago
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe