or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!! - Page 260

post #3886 of 4009

i have been using this player for more than 2 years and its still going pretty strong but the battery start to drain much faster than it use to be, so my question is,does any of you guys have tried to replace the battery on z1050. if yes then please also mention where can one find the new battery for this player.

post #3887 of 4009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond007 View Post

i have been using this player for more than 2 years and its still going pretty strong but the battery start to drain much faster than it use to be, so my question is,does any of you guys have tried to replace the battery on z1050. if yes then please also mention where can one find the new battery for this player.
you can find in the official service center sony!Design by Aiwan (aiwan@yandex.ru)
post #3888 of 4009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvud View Post


you can find in the official service center sony!Design by Aiwan (aiwan@yandex.ru)

yes i can always do that. but, since it is already out of 1 year warranty coverage so its not going to be a cheap one.

post #3889 of 4009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond007 View Post
 

yes i can always do that. but, since it is already out of 1 year warranty coverage so its not going to be a cheap one.


You are probably going to have to open your Walkman and improvise.  Maybe if you get the part number you can find a similar option in a device that Sony is currently selling.

 

I think I linked a forum with a post containing an entire tear down of the WM-Z, which may end up being fruitful

post #3890 of 4009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazen View Post
 


You are probably going to have to open your Walkman and improvise.  Maybe if you get the part number you can find a similar option in a device that Sony is currently selling.

 

I think I linked a forum with a post containing an entire tear down of the WM-Z, which may end up being fruitful

that would be very helpful if i can find that link but as you can see it is not an easy task to go through this entire thread to find that link. so will be very nice of you if you can provide me the link again.

post #3891 of 4009
If you go towards the middle of this topic, there is a website that links to a post where someone did a step by step breakdown in pics how the Walkman was opened along with battery housing.
Edited by AUDIOBREEDER - 3/7/14 at 10:02am
post #3892 of 4009

You can't get a replacement battery for the nwz-z range, sony class the product as an iwx (in warranty exchange) with no user serviceable/replaceable parts, an do not stock any parts for the nwz-z range at all.

 

I have already requested a battery with nothing but push backs from Sony, if the battery fails, then I'm afraid the Walkman is bricked.

post #3893 of 4009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond007 View Post
 

that would be very helpful if i can find that link but as you can see it is not an easy task to go through this entire thread to find that link. so will be very nice of you if you can provide me the link again.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=263

I believe someone took down the original thread, as I cannot find it anymore.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvertonMint View Post
 

You can't get a replacement battery for the nwz-z range, sony class the product as an iwx (in warranty exchange) with no user serviceable/replaceable parts, an do not stock any parts for the nwz-z range at all.

 

I have already requested a battery with nothing but push backs from Sony, if the battery fails, then I'm afraid the Walkman is bricked.

You will have to be daring enough to open the Walkman and remove the battery.  Pretty sure the same battery connectors can be found on other Sony products.  Just might be able to squeeze a larger battery ;)

post #3894 of 4009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazen View Post
 

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=263

I believe someone took down the original thread, as I cannot find it anymore.

 

You will have to be daring enough to open the Walkman and remove the battery.  Pretty sure the same battery connectors can be found on other Sony products.  Just might be able to squeeze a larger battery ;)

 

For sure on looking for a similar battery, looked at the Xperia batteries, but the nwz-z's have a 3 pin connector running from the battery via 3 short wires, there must be another device that uses this type of connector, but yet to find it, another possibility is running the walkman from a DC power adaptor, but obviously this might compromise the portability somewhat.

 

To get the back off the walkman, just prise off the small plastic strip with the code number on it at the bottom of the back cover, there are two small screws underneath, unscrew these with a jewellers screwdriver and carefully lift off the back, the battery is held in by a plastic cover, remove the screws on this and the battery lifts out, carefull nmot to lose the volume control plastic bit, this will be loose now..

post #3895 of 4009
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvertonMint View Post
 

 

For sure on looking for a similar battery, looked at the Xperia batteries, but the nwz-z's have a 3 pin connector running from the battery via 3 short wires, there must be another device that uses this type of connector, but yet to find it, another possibility is running the walkman from a DC power adaptor, but obviously this might compromise the portability somewhat.

 

To get the back off the walkman, just prise off the small plastic strip with the code number on it at the bottom of the back cover, there are two small screws underneath, unscrew these with a jewellers screwdriver and carefully lift off the back, the battery is held in by a plastic cover, remove the screws on this and the battery lifts out, carefull nmot to lose the volume control plastic bit, this will be loose now..


Can you take a photo of the connector?

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nokia-BP-4W-Battery-for-Lumia-810-822-OEM-Original-LiION-1800mAh-BP4W-/360771767382?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Batteries&hash=item53ffac4c56

post #3896 of 4009

I think I found the original post with the pics of the inside of the Z - http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68564 - the mediafire link to the pics seems to be still valid.

 

I hope this helps.

 

Cheers,

 

Andy

post #3897 of 4009

 

Ta da:

 

 

You can buy a used one from here (link to china ebay like site), but they'll only take payment in the Chinese equivalent to PayPal (so a reliable mandarin/canton speaking work colleague confirms), it's up for sale for ~ £1.50.

 

But the part as the site details is a Sony LIS1484MHPPC

post #3898 of 4009


Does this work for the Z walkman? Anyone try it out?

post #3899 of 4009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDIOBREEDER View Post
 


Does this work for the Z walkman? Anyone try it out?

No idea if it will work, but it should if the dimensions fit.

post #3900 of 4009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDIOBREEDER View Post
 


Does this work for the Z walkman? Anyone try it out?

 

Let us know how it goes ;)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!