Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!! - Page 223

post #3331 of 3911
my player does not have a volume limit, but still it seems to me that the sound is weak, X1050 sounds 20 times more powerful!
post #3332 of 3911
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDIOBREEDER View Post

I dont use flac on sources like Sony cause they sound fine with 320kbps mp3.

Is there any dramitic variance in sound after the update? I dont want to spoil what I have and get frustrated saying 'I shouldnt have done that'.

I dont use internet or anyother components.Just the stock media player.
I highly recommend you stick with GB unless you have a very warm pair of phones.
post #3333 of 3911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvud View Post

my player does not have a volume limit, but still it seems to me that the sound is weak, X1050 sounds 20 times more powerful!
You can't be sure of the volume cap unless you compare it with another Z, although it should sound more powerful than the Z.
post #3334 of 3911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvud View Post

my player does not have a volume limit, but still it seems to me that the sound is weak, X1050 sounds 20 times more powerful!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicko View Post


You can't be sure of the volume cap unless you compare it with another Z, although it should sound more powerful than the Z.

 

Your player has a volume cap for sure.  The volume cap also affect the overall sound of the player as well.  The X is noticeably less powerful sounding than both the US & Japan A & Z walkman that I have.  My old A867 Euro sound wimpy next to the A865 US counterpart and not that much better than my iPod Touch 4th Gen.

post #3335 of 3911
I took a photo of the rear body, it can help to know what my player, with a volume limit or not!
post #3336 of 3911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvud View Post

I took a photo of the rear body, it can help to know what my player, with a volume limit or not!

 

The sound is the indicator not the back panel.

post #3337 of 3911
Quote:
Originally Posted by purk View Post

The sound is the indicator not the back panel.
That was deep man
post #3338 of 3911
Quote:
Originally Posted by purk View Post

 

The sound is the indicator not the back panel.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpawluk91 View Post


That was deep man

It is both the sound and volume level actually.  Player with volume restriction is approximately 5 loudness level lower compared to non-capped unit.  I had three A walkman side-by-side in the past and the one thatI bought from the UK retailer was the only one that sound worst than others.  It has noticeably softer volume at the same loudness level.


Edited by purk - 5/7/13 at 10:24pm
post #3339 of 3911
I showed the drawing back of the case, I can not send you the volume level of the player, if the documents should be written, that she would be able to determine what made ​​my player, tell me where and I'll see!
post #3340 of 3911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvud View Post

I showed the drawing back of the case, I can not send you the volume level of the player, if the documents should be written, that she would be able to determine what made ​​my player, tell me where and I'll see!

 

Like I said, if you feel that the X has more powerful sound signature than the Z, then your Z is likely a European version.  You can also count the loudness level as it should go between 0 to 30, with 30 being the maxed volume.  Your X should also go from 0 to 30 level as well.  I'm not sure what else to tell you.

 

Also, where did you buy your Walkman Z from?

post #3341 of 3911
Quote:
Originally Posted by purk View Post

Like I said, if you feel that the X has more powerful sound signature than the Z, then your Z is likely a European version.  You can also count the loudness level as it should go between 0 to 30, with 30 being the maxed volume.  Your X should also go from 0 to 30 level as well.  I'm not sure what else to tell you.

Also, where did you buy your Walkman Z from?
A shop, I think.
post #3342 of 3911
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicko View Post


A shop, I think.

 

he meant from what region, europe, us, or japan

post #3343 of 3911
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknight View Post

 

he meant from what region, europe, us, or japan

That's what I meant.

post #3344 of 3911
Quote:
Originally Posted by purk View Post

That's what I meant.
Oh really? :P
Never mind.
Edited by sicko - 5/8/13 at 9:38am
post #3345 of 3911
Okay guys.
I was tinkering with my Z when I tried something risky.
I disabled the 'sound enhancements' app, and when I went to that section from within the media player app, guess what, the gingerbread control panel was back.
I was ecstatic that I might have revived the old warm sound. Until of course I discovered that the settings were ineffective BUT I now found the sound to be fuller and a tad more amplified.
The bass had more rumble to it, while the treble was also a bit brighter.
Still, I like this sound better.

So guys, please give it a shot and share your thoughts on this more pure output. Don't worry, the sound enhancements can be enabled again and will work after a restart.

Plus it'd be very much appreciated if someone on gingerbread could read out their 'sound enhancements' and 'media players' apps from the firmware and upload them here.
Edited by sicko - 5/8/13 at 9:42am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!