Comparing to the Sony player, it still falls a bit short. The grounds for my claim are as follows:
- The Jet is a tad warmer, while the Sony is more neutral. For me, this is a con of Jetaudio as I prefer originality.
- The Sony has provides more instument individuality compared to the competition
- When turning the bass up, there is a bit leakage into the mid range when using Jetaudio, I think the ClearBass accounts for this.
- The guitars are more pronounced on the Sony but the Jet does very well compared to Neutron. The drums are also more punchy on the Sony app.
- The Sony interface is totally out of the league. It's minimalistic and intuitive.
So, i'd say that the Sony is the winner here but i'd recommend everyone to try the jetaudio aswell as your liking and opinion might differ from mine.
P.S. I tested the two using default EQs.